It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the admissibility of torturing terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You guys watch too many movies. These guys BETTER be giving facts. That line about what you want to hear doesn't work when you tell one lie to them. They are going to wish they had something true to say is my bet.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

... and what if they got the wrong people?

That would double down on stupid for sure.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You are assuming that they want the truth?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Yeah .. it's Russia ... that means the torturers are trying to get the people to say what they want to hear, not necessarily what the truth is.

I can hear it now ... the tortured terrorist screaming 'I am ISIS', and the Russian torturer screaming back 'no you are Ukraine, say it!'.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I would and why wouldn't you want the actual perps to pay. We already know we can't trust any side to tell us the peons the truth, right?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Maybe. Maybe not.

Putin wants to blame Ukraine, and us.

He already knows it was ISIS

Was warned about them and did nothing.

Suited him fine.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

They sad horrible bastards believe what they are doing is God's will Justoneman which is just as sick and twisted as it sounds.

The big fellow has nothing to do with it by my guess, hence, do things like that and commit horrendous acts of depravity and murder of innocent people, and you should expect to take what you get.

Put it this way its not something they are apt to pray their way out of now is it?

As to the veracity of the information gleaned through tourcher, I'm led to believe it can be unsafe and faulty for the variety of reasons already discussed.

Then again I've seen it work with people who got stealing from the wrong sorts.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

"Wrong sorts".

Is putting it mildly.

I had an "aquaintance" who most certainly fell into that category. And then some.

edit on 27-3-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   
ISIS is a CIA/Obama invention we know now. Hillary was in on it too, believing it would balance out power. pffthpht on that.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Putin wants to blame Ukraine, and us.

He already knows it was ISIS

Was warned about them and did nothing.

Suited him fine.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The problem we should all be agreeing is about "to whom can we trust to tell us the truth"?

That is a conundrum.

originally posted by: andy06shake

They sad horrible bastards believe what they are doing is God's will Justoneman which is just as sick and twisted as it sounds.

The big fellow has nothing to do with it by my guess, hence, do things like that and commit horrendous acts of depravity and murder of innocent people, and you should expect to take what you get.

Put it this way its not something they are apt to pray their way out of now is it?

As to the veracity of the information gleaned through tourcher, I'm led to believe it can be unsafe and faulty for the variety of reasons already discussed.

Then again I've seen it work with people who got stealing from the wrong sorts.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:26 AM
link   

The problem we should all be agreeing is about "to whom can we trust to tell us the truth"?

Put it this way trusting the information gleaned from people who have been tortured can produce unsafe results.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   

ISIS is a CIA/Obama invention we know now. Hillary was in on it too, believing it would balance out power. pffthpht on that.

I think you're wrong there, ISIS roots go back to 2004, when the organization “al Qaeda in Iraq” formed. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was originally part of Osama bin Laden’s al Qaeda Network, founded the militant group.

It is well known the CIA helped supply weapons to the Taliban to fight the USSR so you might be getting confused.

Still doesn't matter though, as Putin belives Ukraine were behind or supported the attack on Moscow. So the Russian torturers will be trying to get confessions that 'confirm' this. Look over any history of torture, and the victims will mostly end up telling the 'controller' what ever they want to hear to stop the pain.
edit on 28-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

It is well known the CIA helped supply weapons to the Taliban to fight the USSR so you might be getting confused.

Iran–Contra affair springs to mind on that score and another example.

edit on 28-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Yeah .. it's Russia ... that means the torturers are trying to get the people to say what they want to hear, not necessarily what the truth is.

I can hear it now ... the tortured terrorist screaming 'I am ISIS', and the Russian torturer screaming back 'no you are Ukraine, say it!'.

And where did you see this? Provide the video, or I will openly accuse you of propaganda lies and justification of terrorism.
Although, for Israel, justifying terrorism and lying are common practice.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I think the clue is in the "I can hear it now" bit?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
And where did you see this? Provide the video, or I will openly accuse you of propaganda lies and justification of terrorism.

What are you talking about? Get a grip.
I said .. 'I can hear it now ... '
I didn't say that it happened.
Pay attention to the words.

Although, for Israel, justifying terrorism and lying are common practice.

You always deflect to talking about Jews. You just can't help yourself, can you?

edit on 3/28/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Very amateurish RT .

The devil hides under the covers at night praying to his buddy g-d to protect him from humans

Not far from where I live a young father of two was stripped naked and tied to a chair and tortured to death with axes hammers etc and this was for a debt of $ 300 and it was not even his debt but his girlfriends .

When scrap merchants are crushing cars a red liquid runs from the crusher in a lot of places here RT , you do not want to owe these people any money no matter how small or you will be tied up and your fingers and toes will come of slowly one by one with bolt cutters ikyn .

Can you imagine giving these people a uniform and sanctioning them to get information at any cost

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join