It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Russians?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

So does Russia class Chechens as Russian then?

The International Federation for Human Rights found the Russians in Chechnya in 2000 had engaged in “summary executions and murders, physical abuse and torture; intentionally causing grave harm to people not directly involved in hostilities; deliberate attacks on the civilian population. …”

During their two wars in Chechnya, the Russians flattened Grozny, once a city of more than 400,000 people. Indeed, the United Nations once declared Grozny the “most destroyed city on Earth.”

More recently during the Syrian civil war – a war that Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad was in danger of losing before Russia intervened in 2015 – 8,683 civilians were killed by Russian bombardments, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Ukrainians are ethnic Russians..

Ukraine is a separate country from Russia.
It is a sovereign nation of it's own.
The Russia/Ukraine war is not an internal civil war.

There are a lot of people of Irish descent living in America.
That doesn't give America the right to invade and destroy Ireland
just because the ancestry is shared.

Ukraine has been in a civil war for 10 years after America and NATO overthrow it's democratically elected pro-Russian president in 2014. If any country did in Mexico or Canada what America has done in Ukraine we would have invaded years ago and you are being intentionally naive to say or think otherwise.

People like you expect other people to uphold standards you yourself don't adhere to. You sir a hypocrite to the 10th degree. How about you get your old out of shape *** up and fight some of these wars your consent has been manufactured for. Either that of shut the **** up!

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

How about some links to your assertions here?

You know, like this...

www.theguardian.com...

he pro-European businessman Petro Poroshenko has won a landmark presidential election in Ukraine with 56% of the vote, according to exit polls, clearing the 50% threshold to win outright without a second round. Former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko was trailing far behind, with about 13%.

Ukrainians flocked to the polling stations on Sunday in what was seen as the most important election since independence. Millions of citizens in the restive east, however, did not vote at all, either because of separatist sympathies, feelings of intimidation by pro-Russian militias or simply a lack of polling stations.

"Today we can definitely say all of Ukraine has voted, this is a national vote," said Poroshenko from his campaign headquarters shortly after the exit polls were released. "The first steps that we will take at beginning of presidential office should be focused on stopping the war, to put an end to this chaos and bring peace to a united Ukraine." Poroshenko promised to hold parliamentary elections before the end of the year. "When there is a parliamentarian crisis, the only solution in a democracy is early elections," he said.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Hakaiju

Tell that to Elon Musk.

I was asking you.

Are you saying America is run by sick people?

Yes, it is.
That doesn't make you less hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm sorry you don't understand the connection. And it is obvious:
1. You invented Ukrainians, instilled in them hatred of Russians, and now you are attacking Russians. Ukrainians are your project led by your people. But for me they are family, I have many relatives there.
2. Now compare Israel’s attitude towards all Jews and the situation with the Russians. A smart person will understand everything right away.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I forgot to write.
I will not respond to Russophobic comments from people with their heads full of propaganda.
Calm, respectful dialogue is encouraged.

Good. I trust you won't be threatening my country with nuclear annihilation, then?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
You sir a hypocrite to the 10th degree.

I'm a woman and I"m not a hypocrite.
And the rest of your post was your usual off topic emotional drivel and won't be responded to.
My statement stands.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju
If you don't want to, that's fine. I'm not going to prove things that are obvious to the whole world.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I'm sorry you don't understand the connection. And it is obvious:
1. You invented Ukrainians, instilled in them hatred of Russians, and now you are attacking Russians. Ukrainians are your project led by your people. But for me they are family, I have many relatives there.
2. Now compare Israel’s attitude towards all Jews and the situation with the Russians. A smart person will understand everything right away.

How has this thread got anything to do with Israel? Or is it your attempt and causing thread drift as usual?

This thread by you is an attempt to white wash Russian history of killing it's own people, and not about Isreal.

edit on 11-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You won’t be able to achieve Israel 2.0 either in Crimea or in Ukraine. Humble yourself)))

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You invented Ukrainians, instilled in them hatred of Russians, and now you are attacking Russians. Ukrainians are your project led by your people. But for me they are family, I have many relatives there.

If Ukraine wanted to be Russian, it would have voted itself Russian on it's own. But no, instead Russia invaded, destroyed towns, mass murdered civilians.

You having relatives in Ukraine is IRRELEVANT. I have relatives in Canada, that doesn't mean that America can go invade Canada and force it to be part of America.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Good luck with that!

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You can repeat your nonsense at least 1000 times, the reality will not change.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
some are descendants of their back stabbing ancestors of of the dump water river town called moscow, which was part of the Vladimir-Suzdal Principality / Grand Principality of Vladimir moscow didn't become a principality until 20 years after Daniel inherited it from his father 1263.

some are descendants of lands conquered during the backstabbing leaders rule of moscow who invaded lands that the khans who whipped everybody ass turned a blind eye to mosow conquering so long as they got their cut.

some are idiots who fell for lies told them by the back stabbers of moscow and later the tazars and freely migrated there or forced to move there.

most in some form or another are decedents form the united empire of Prince Oleg who established his capitol of Kievan Rus in 882 in Kiev when he took control of it from Askold and Dir. this was 268 years before the first mention of moscow.

all of the Rus from the very beginning had no noble or honorable intentions they just wanted power.
it seems to have been passed along to many modern rulers as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

So. In 1939, the famous Marquis Astolphe de Custine was hiding in Russia from the French Revolution

It was only a few years prior, this had happened...

www.history.com...

The Great Terror of 1937, also known as the Great Purge, was a brutal political campaign led by Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin to eliminate dissenting members of the Communist Party and anyone else he considered a threat. Although estimates vary, most experts believe at least 750,000 people were executed during the Great Terror, which started around 1936 and ended in 1938. More than a million survivors were sent to forced labor camps, known as Gulags. This ruthless and bloody operation caused rampant terror throughout the Soviet Union and impacted the country for many years.

This was said by you, wasn't it RT????

So. In 1939, the famous Marquis Astolphe de Custine was hiding in Russia from the French Revolution. He was a famous Russophobe, writer, hater of Russia and the Russian autocracy, wrote and published books against Russia.
But for some reason he hid from the revolution in it and was even close to the court of Emperor Nicholas 1, whom he criticized, where everyone spoke French. And so, at one court ball, he approached the Emperor and got into conversation with him.
Nicholas 1 asked the marquis:.....

Hadn't Nicholas the First died in 1855??

Nicholas I (born July 6 [June 25, Old Style], 1796, Tsarskoye Selo [now Pushkin], near St. Petersburg, Russia—died February 18 [March 2, New Style], 1855, St. Petersburg) Russian emperor (1825–55), often considered the personification of classic autocracy.

The French Revolution.

The French Revolution was a watershed event in world history that began in 1789 and ended in the late 1790s

So are you lying again RT? Like Putin trying to muddy the waters of history??

edit on 11-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You can repeat your nonsense at least 1000 times, the reality will not change.

So much for:

"Calm, respectful dialogue is encouraged."

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Europeans and Americans are not Ukrainians. Ukrainians are ethnic Russians. So you can’t understand either Russians or Ukrainians.

There are many places on earth where people with similar ethnicities have a border between them with different governance.

Ethnicity is a small part of a story for many countries. You also have language, culture, history, and public sentiment.

It shouldn’t be up to the west, Europe, or Russia. Ukraine should have the right to self determination.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

"But for me they are family, I have many relatives there."

Then why do you approve of killing and maiming them and destroying their country?

Oops was meant to be a reply to RT.
edit on 11-3-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Russians have a saying:
"He sees a speck of dust in someone else's eye, but does not notice the log in his own")))

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Russians have a saying:
"He sees a speck of dust in someone else's eye, but does not notice the log in his own")))

And do they also have a saying about making up historical facts that aren't real??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join