It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Carvill: Christian Nationalists are a bigger threat than Al-Queda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie
James Carvill (highly influential Democratic Party consultant) said that Christian Nationalists ARE a bigger threat than Al-Queda.

... says the moron who has never been around Al Qaeda. They'd slice him and dice him, then hang him in a cage and dip it into a river to drown him. This Carvill is an idiot.

He just wants to be Heard.........

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: network dude

Do progressives say that the Dems were against equal rights when it comes to slavery? Are we ignoring that the Democratic and Republican parties are not the same as they were decades ago?

I know I was a dick to you earlier, but this is a genuine question:

Can you provide a list of prominent racist Democrats who switch to the Republican party when this supposed change happen? That's the usual story, that during the 50s, 60s, or 70s (depending on which leftist is making the claim--the inconsistencies in when this supposedly happened alone is enough to cast a lot of doubt on this idea) the Republicans decided to go after the racist vote and within a few years the parties flip-flopped on a lot of issues.

I've asked for such a list from numerous leftists over the years and no one can point me to one. You'd think since pretty much every Democrat and leftist makes this claim, someone would've compiled documentation by now of a significant number of racist Democrats who became Republicans to stay with the racist party... if such a switch actually happened.

And yes I'm sure you'll try to dodge this by saying this isn't about race, it's about sexual orientation, but nobody claims the party switch happened over that. It's always claimed it happened over race and other issues just followed.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Did he mention there are as many or more Christian Democrats than Christian Republicans? And most have American Nationalism at heart? 🤓

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

You can pull those numbers if you'd like.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

That is a very interesting question. Thank you for bringing that up.

Luckily enough wikipedia has a list of party switchers.

en.wikipedia.org...

I picked one out at random.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ravenel became a Republican in 1960 and ran many times for office

This does not prove him to be a racist. But he made some interesting comments.

Ravenel was a member of Moultrie Camp, Sons of Confederate Veterans, and a supporter of the Confederate flag being flown at the South Carolina statehouse.[6] He provoked controversy in response to a reporter's question in 2000 when he referred to the NAACP as the "National Association for Retarded People".[7] Asked for an apology, Ravenel, who had a son with Down’s Syndrome, offered one to those who suffered from mental conditions.[2]

Ravenel once said that his fellow white congressional committee members operated on "black time", which he characterized as meaning "fashionably late".[8]

In August 2020, several episodes of the reality television series Southern Charm, including one which featured Ravenel, were removed from streaming and VOD services over "racially charged moments within them". In the episode featuring Ravenel, he leaves a $5 tip at a restaurant and tells his son, Thomas, that he "[likes] to get rid" of $5 bills because Abraham Lincoln is on the front; he then looks at the camera and smiles "wryly".[9]

Hysterical that's the first guy I picked.

And look some more. Strom Thurman is on that list. hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

So out of over 7,500 Congressmen, senators, and state legislators, in the 50s, 60s and 70s when this supposedly happened there's less than 100 Dems switching to Republican... and no accounting of how many of them held racist views. People switch parties for lots of reasons.

Yeah, that's not great evidence of a serious ideological shift of the parties.

Thank you for providing additional evidence that it's a myth.

ETA: I also checked their list of Republicans switching to Dem. In those same 3 decades, the total was 24. Yeah, it's a myth.

And 7,500 is just the total number of seats in Congress and the state houses. Over 3 decades, many more than 7,500 will have actually served. And that's not even counting other positions, like attorneys general, which are on that list. The actual number of people who served in those 3 decades had to be well over 10,000.

But just using 7,500: Roughly 120 people out of 7,500 is less than 2%. The party switch myth is disproven by simple math. But, like, math is racist and stuff, so I'm sure you'll go on believing the myth.
edit on 1-3-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: Sorry to keep editing it. Dunno where I got 1500 from. The actual number of congressmen, senators, and state legislators is over 7500.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The Rise of Dominionism and the Christian Right -- from 2006.

God's plan is for His people, ladies and gentlemen, to take dominion. . . .What is dominion? Well, dominion is Lordship. He wants His people to reign and rule with Him. . . but He's waiting for us to. . . extend His dominion. . . .And the Lord says, "I'm going to let you redeem society. There'll be a reformation. . . .We are not going to stand for those coercive utopians in the Supreme Court and in Washington ruling over us any more. We're not gonna stand for it. We are going to say, 'we want freedom in this country, and we want power. . . .'"
—Pat Robertson

From Harper's magazine to Vanity Fair and a host of other mainstream publications, the ever-expanding role of the Christian right in shaping the policies and politics of the nation is making headlines. As Charles Marsh notes in a New York Times editorial, "Wayward Christian Soldiers," American evangelicals "have amassed greater political power than at any time in our history."1 This power, which can be traced to a handful of evangelical leaders with decided political agendas, reaches into the Oval Office and deep into the bowels of Congress. www.libertymagazine.org...

BARRY GOLDWATER -- November 1994: “Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

CURRENTLY -- Feb. 20, 2024: US Supreme Court Justice Alito:

Justice Alito Renews Criticism of Landmark Ruling on Same-Sex

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. on Tuesday renewed his criticisms of the Supreme Court’s landmark decision recognizing the right to same-sex marriage, saying that people who oppose homosexuality risk being unfairly “labeled as bigots and treated as such.”

The justice included his warning in a five-page statement explaining why the court had rejected a request to hear a Missouri case about people removed from a jury after voicing religious objections to gay relationships. The case, Justice Alito wrote, “exemplifies the danger” from the court’s 2015 decision, Obergefell v. Hodges.

The ruling, he added, shows how “Americans who do not hide their adherence to traditional religious beliefs about homosexual conduct will be ‘labeled as bigots and treated as such’ by the government.”

Not a new threat to America.

But some just try to brush it away.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

edit on 3/1/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

God's plan is for His people, ladies and gentlemen, to take dominion. . . .What is dominion? Well, dominion is Lordship. He wants His people to reign and rule with Him. . . but He's waiting for us to. . . extend His dominion. . . .And the Lord says, "I'm going to let you redeem society. There'll be a reformation. . . .We are not going to stand for those coercive utopians in the Supreme Court and in Washington ruling over us any more. We're not gonna stand for it. We are going to say, 'we want freedom in this country, and we want power. . . .'"
—Pat Robertson

From Harper's magazine to Vanity Fair and a host of other mainstream publications, the ever-expanding role of the Christian right in shaping the policies and politics of the nation is making headlines. As Charles Marsh notes in a New York Times editorial, "Wayward Christian Soldiers," American evangelicals "have amassed greater political power than at any time in our history."1 This power, which can be traced to a handful of evangelical leaders with decided political agendas, reaches into the Oval Office and deep into the bowels of Congress. www.libertymagazine.org...

BARRY GOLDWATER -- November 1994: “Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. on Tuesday renewed his criticisms of the Supreme Court’s landmark decision recognizing the right to same-sex marriage, saying that people who oppose homosexuality risk being unfairly “labeled as bigots and treated as such.”

The justice included his warning in a five-page statement explaining why the court had rejected a request to hear a Missouri case about people removed from a jury after voicing religious objections to gay relationships. The case, Justice Alito wrote, “exemplifies the danger” from the court’s 2015 decision, Obergefell v. Hodges.

The ruling, he added, shows how “Americans who do not hide their adherence to traditional religious beliefs about homosexual conduct will be ‘labeled as bigots and treated as such’ by the government.”

Better than the full rise of Marxism-NWO infiltration of all U.S. Executive Branch Departments and many State and Local government offices. 😃

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

—Pat Robertson

Better than the full rise of Marxism-NWO infiltration of all U.S. Executive Branch Departments and many State and Local government offices. 😃

Nice deflection 😃

At least you're not denying Christian Nationalism / Dominionism.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   

—Pat Robertson

Nice deflection 😃

Is that why you’re Bidens number 1 fan?
You know he’s a Catholic right?
Are you not terrified of Catholics?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

—Pat Robertson

Nice deflection 😃

Show me anywhere on ATS I supported Biden.

Other than saying “he quietly gets things done”. Which is actually a slam against Trump continuously running his mouth.

edit on pm33America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It sounds like you're mostly talking about protestants, but can it be they've found some way to impose what the RC church calls conditional salvation?

The marxists and Islamizers in the RC church are using conditional salvation in order to impose control.

They teach children to put full faith in the Catholic system of sacraments but don't reveal that the priest only needs to withhold the intention to provide spiritual assistance in order for it not to work for any individual.

I hope all freedom loving Americans pray by themselves to God the Father every day. I hope they learn Metta.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Suppose some pastors want you to think they can summon The Lord for your guidance but are actually Tulpamancers.

From Wikipedia:

Tulpa is a concept originally from Tibetan Buddhism and found in later traditions of mysticism and the paranormal of a materialized being or thought-form, typically in human form, that is created through spiritual practice and intense concentration. Modern practitioners, who call themselves "tulpamancers", use the term to refer to a type of willed imaginary friend which practitioners consider to be sentient and relatively independent. Modern practitioners predominantly consider tulpas to be a psychological rather than a paranormal concept. The idea became an important belief in Theosophy.

Maybe congregations who know their pastor well enough could even telepathically communicate with such a being?

I hope everyone bothers to recall Matthew 24:24 which says:

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

So the Bible says there's going to be frauds and counterfeits. It's non-scriptural to deny it.

edit on 1-3-2024 by Solvedit because: added a sentence.

edit on 1-3-2024 by Solvedit because: format

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   
He's a leftist being divisive.

Deplorable, MAGA, blah-de-blah-de-blah.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Let's get something straight; Christians in America ( and elsewhere) NEVER invent new laws. As conservatives by definition they aim to maintain the laws that have kept society functioning and prosperous for decades.

Do you actually believe what you are even saying?

Am I in Clown world right now?

Your words mean nothing if you don't prove them. Link, quote articles, prove your assertions or they are empty, and lacking in truth, veracity, and you discredit yourself.

Prove what you say, if you believe it.

Be sure to only use reputable sources that are not steeped in far left ideology such as CNN, MSNBC, NBC, NY Times, The Atlantic, or other far left publications as liberals are always demanding of conservatives to use only reputable and unbiased sources.

Don't use youtube videos of wackos again. We've been quoting, actual politicians, actual former first ladies, actual prominent and famous Democratic Party advisors, actual very prominent and well respected liberals. Just as the rest of us have been doing to back up our assertions that what we say is mainstream Democratic Party influential policy and ideology.

If you can't back up your assertions with words out of the mouths of reputable, famous, influential Republicans, from unbiased prominent sources, then they are not real and your rhetoric is discredited.

edit on 3/1/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: grammar

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

—Pat Robertson

Nice deflection 😃

Other than saying “he quietly gets things done”. Which is actually a slam against Trump continuously running his mouth.

Ok so you’re terrified of Biden because hes catholic and you hate secular Trump because he’s a big mouth?
Yet you’re voting for the catholic you’re terrified of?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Let's get something straight; Christians in America ( and elsewhere) NEVER invent new laws. As conservatives by definition they aim to maintain the laws that have kept society functioning and prosperous for decades.

Do you actually believe what you are even saying?

Am I in Clown world right now?

Be sure to only use reputable sources that are not steeped in far left ideology such as CNN, MSNBC, NBC, NY Times, The Atlantic, or other far left publications as liberals are always demanding of conservatives to use only reputable and unbiased sources.

Yes, by all means -- don't use any mainstream news site (unless approved by the Right).

Or Politi-fact -- unless they side with the Right.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   

—Pat Robertson

Nice deflection 😃

Ok so you’re terrified of Biden because hes catholic and you hate secular Trump because he’s a big mouth?
Yet you’re voting for the catholic you’re terrified of?

You do realize what you just posted -- came from YOUR head -- not mine.

Hate is an emotion I don't waste my energy on.

Trump is a "daddy's boy" bully. And not to bright either.

OLD MAN TRUMP -- lyrics by Woody Guthrie

I suppose that Old Man Trump knows just how much racial hate
He stirred up in that bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed that color line
Here at his Beach Haven family project

Beach Haven ain't my home!
No, I just can't pay this rent!
My money's down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump’s Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain't my home!

I'm calling out my welcome to you and your man both
Welcoming you here to Beach Haven
To love in any way you please and to have some kind of a decent place
To have your kids raised up in.

Beach Haven ain't my home!
No, I just can't pay this rent!
My money's down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump’s Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain't my home!

woodyguthrie.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

If you think this is a CSS.

Take a trip down to Cuba. You'll learn what a CSS is.

en.wikipedia.org...

Adopting a Marxist–Leninist model of development, Castro converted Cuba into a one-party, socialist state under Communist Party rule, the first in the Western Hemisphere. Policies introducing central economic planning and expanding healthcare and education were accompanied by state control of the press and the suppression of internal dissent.

It seems that America hasn’t quite reached the destination yet but it’s definitely on the wrong bus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join