It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Carvill: Christian Nationalists are a bigger threat than Al-Queda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Arresting journalists is pretty commie.
twitter.com...

Raiding people's homes with a swat team for a non-violent misdemeanor. Making a pregnant woman stand in 12°f weather barefoot causing a miscarriage is pretty commie.
twitter.com...

People don't realize where we are right now and what this regime has been doing.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

On MSNBC: (Christian Nationalists) believe that our rights as Americans, as all human beings, don't come from any earthly authority. They don't come from Congress, they don't come from the Supreme Court . They come from God.” Heidi Przybyla (www.msn.com...) (www.msn.com...) (www.foxnews.com...)

I'm an atheist and I completely agree with Christian Nationalists thar our rights as Americans, as all human beings, don't come from any earthly authority.... which comes with the added protection that no earthly authority can take away our rights as human beings.

I'm guessing Heidi Przybyla is comfortable with her rights coming from an earthly authority because she thinks she's friends with that earthly authority.

This is a very wise post. It's crazy how many people in this country think they only have rights if some man or woman wrote it down somewhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

I'm going to be real with you. Christians are not innocent.

For a good many years, the so called "christians" have been lording their views upon others. They put laws into place in states that limited peoples rights. Small things like forbidding the sale of alcohol on Sunday. To bigger ones that forbade the election of aetheists to public office. The puritanical mind set of certain christian cults wanting to control people is off putting. And people are now lashing out. To be honest. It's 2024, people are sick of having someone else's religious view shoved down their throat. Sick of religious groups threatening to hurt gay people. Like that one pastor that said gay people should be lined up and shot.

We need to leave mysticism behind and work towards making things better.

Ok, so you agree with other liberals and Democrats that it isn't just some Christians but all Christians who should be feared and hated.

Do you feel the same about Muslims? Everything you accuse Christians of, the Muslims are doing 10 fold in Muslim nations.

I don't care if you are LGBTQP+, it is none of my business. I like all the Christians I know just ask you not make it our business, we don't need or want to know what you do in bed and who you do it with. It's your business, not mine. If you are LGBTQ, fine, do your thing, I really don't care. Be transgender or drag, I don't care, it is NOT your right to try and force me to care.

I do care that transgender women are injuring other sports players often and it makes the news nearly every month now, and breaking "womens records" with the musculature and bone structure of the XY they were born with.
I do care that the rights of women with vaginas are being slowly destroyed with a liberal judge ruling that girls with vaginas have no right to bodily privacy from a penis, but women with penis do have a right to bodily privacy from other penis. I realize that these are the sorts of ideas you think are dangerous and antiquated because I am a Christian, but I'd think that even if I weren't.

Now if you come out and tell me how dangerous Muslims are to LGBTQ with examples, and how dangerous Muslims are to transgenders with examples. And tell me how their moral stances on women is dangerous. Then I'll know it is not just Christians but all religions you despise.

What you wrote is a clear example of the ruse behind the rhetoric - that liberals really mean all Christians and not anyone else or you would also scream about Muslims and Mormons and how their values are dangerous to society and their religions must also be destroyed.

Funny in the US it is only Christians and now Jews that liberals complain about openly.

This should be a warning and wake up sign to Muslims and other religions,
Christianity is the major religion of the US,
Christianity, Islam, LDS, etc. believes that earthly governments have no power over the soul of a person,

once Christianity is destroyed, who is next?

edit on 3/1/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: format

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I don't blame all Christians. Only the Christians that behave in an authoritarian manner. And everyone else that would deny anyone their freedoms based upon some religious ideology.

Kids should be taught age appropriate things in school.

You may not care. But there are plenty of people that do. And go out of their way to hurt others even if they sound a little gay. That's a problem. Gay people just want to live without the fear of being killed just for being gay.

Do I really need to cite examples of what's in the news about atrocities committed in other countries? Muslim, christian etc? My problem is with any religion or religious person that says they would hurt someone else just for being different.

I don't care if you want to worship a Sky Daddy. Just do it on your own time. And don't try to force your views upon others. And don't try to make it public policy so that others will conform to your kind of crazy.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable about any of this.

edit on 11Fri, 01 Mar 2024 11:28:57 -0600America/Chicago24580 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Gay people just want to live without the fear of being killed just for being gay.

This is demonstrably false.

The number of people killed in this country specifically because they were gay is so vanishingly small that it's a complete non-issue. They have been safe for decades. They've been able to get married for decades. They're still not happy. They're not forcing their lifestyle down the throats of children for safety's sake.

And before your fake, hare-brained accusations come, no that doesn't mean it's okay when they are targeted. It's simply a fact that they are at no more risk than anyone else. The difference is statistically insignificant. Go ahead and point to some survey where xx% of LGBT people say they've faced threats or been attacked like that doesn't happen to everyone.

By the way, the largest mass murder of gay people in this country was the Pulse Nightclub shooting and the shooter was a Muslim.

Turn off the propaganda. You hold more false beliefs than the average Christian does.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I don't blame all Christians. Only the Christians that behave in an authoritarian manner. 

Ok, so you're complaining about a fringe minority of less than 1% of Christians. Cool. In the past decade I've had more authoritarian measures used against me by liberal atheists by far.

Those "sky daddy" worshippers literally invented the concept of charity and are responsible for more charity work across the globe than another another religion by leaps and bounds.

In fact, look up Jewish charities and Muslim charities. Go ahead. Look who their proceeds generally go towards......that's right, fellow Jewish causes and fellow Muslim causes.

Regardless of what the media wants to convince you, the majority of Christians in the U.S. aren't trying to shove anything down your throat. They mostly want to be left alone from progressive ideals and raise their families in peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Sigh.

All I'm going to say is that we should agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie
James Carvill (highly influential Democratic Party consultant) said that Christian Nationalists ARE a bigger threat than Al-Queda.

... says the moron who has never been around Al Qaeda. They'd slice him and dice him, then hang him in a cage and dip it into a river to drown him. This Carvill is an idiot.
edit on 3/1/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

1% of 2.38 billion world wide Christians is not a small number.

And I guess that charity work excuses all the bad things Christians have done over the years.

Got it.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So what are you butthurt about? You feel Christians give gay people a hard time? Be specific.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You can read my prior posts. I've already went into that.

But the short of that is. Don't try to force your religious views onto anyone else. Let people be free to live how they want. And don't codify your religious beliefs into law.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

is the snake he ..... snake in grass still spewing horseSh@@, i would have thought he'd be about dead by now.
i don't see how any self respecting republican woman could have married a horsesh@@ spewin person like him.
by]
edit on 1-3-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

1% of 2.38 billion world wide Christians is not a small number.

And I guess that charity work excuses all the bad things Christians have done over the years.

Got it.

no, the years excuse the bad things people from years ago did.

This seems to be a mindset for the left. They complain about injustices done in the past, but when you bring up that Democrats were for slavery, Democrats were against equal rights, they claim that doesn't count. If you could just be consistent, that would help everyone out a lot.

To recap, the people in the USA of 2024 did not enslave anyone, nobody went on a crusade to convert Muslims to Christianity. And you would have to scour the old folks homes to find the people who would kill gay folks just because they were gay.

1956 called and they said you need to learn more and speak less.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

If you think this is a CSS.

Take a trip down to Cuba. You'll learn what a CSS is.

A communist take-over doesn't happen overnight, it's gradual over generations. You know the frog in hot water method.
One day, all of a sudden we will be cooking though

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Don't try to force your religious views onto anyone else. Let people be free to live how they want. And don't codify your religious beliefs into law.

I asked you to be specific. Your previous posts don't specify anything here, but I'm gonna assume you're parroting the media's stance on abortion when you talk aboit codifying religious beliefs into law.

Let's get something straight; Christians in America ( and elsewhere) NEVER invent new laws. As conservatives by definition they aim to maintain the laws that have kept society functioning and prosperous for decades.

Progressives however, create new laws. All of which aim to alter and subvert the U.S. Constitution. How many Christian lawmakers create legislature that can incarcerate an individual for hate speech?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Funny, I believe I was just telling boomer1947, yesterday, that the left think Christians are racist.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

James Carvill (highly influential Democratic Party consultant) said that Christian Nationalists ARE a bigger threat than Al-Queda. Even going so far as to say Republicans are a threat to the US as Christians.

That asshat hasn't died yet?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Do progressives say that the Dems were against equal rights when it comes to slavery? Are we ignoring that the Democratic and Republican parties are not the same as they were decades ago?

And you would have to scour the old folks homes to find the people who would kill gay folks just because they were gay.

Are you trying to gaslight me?

www.justice.gov...

LGBTQI+ Targeted Crimes: Incidents targeting gay men reached 1,075, while anti-lesbian incidents numbered 622. Both categories recorded their highest totals in the past five years and increased by more than 10% since 2021. A significant increase of nearly 40% was observed in reported anti-transgender incidents (totaling 338) compared to 2021.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Let's get something straight; Christians in America ( and elsewhere) NEVER invent new laws. As conservatives by definition they aim to maintain the laws that have kept society functioning and prosperous for decades.

Do you actually believe what you are even saying?

Am I in Clown world right now?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Do progressives say that the Dems were against equal rights when it comes to slavery? Are we ignoring that the Democratic and Republican parties are not the same as they were decades ago?

And you would have to scour the old folks homes to find the people who would kill gay folks just because they were gay.

Are you trying to gaslight me?

www.justice.gov...

LGBTQI+ Targeted Crimes: Incidents targeting gay men reached 1,075, while anti-lesbian incidents numbered 622. Both categories recorded their highest totals in the past five years and increased by more than 10% since 2021. A significant increase of nearly 40% was observed in reported anti-transgender incidents (totaling 338) compared to 2021.

Those increases in crimes are less than the increase in that population.
Now do crimes against Christians, please include mass shootings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join