It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge rules Trump ineligible to appear on Illinois ballot under 14th Amendment

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSemiskepticII

“No person may hold any office… under the United States… having engaged in insurrection”

I’d say that is pretty clear, and applies to front running candidates for President.

Now again, if SCOTUS wants to rule this election is more important than the constitution, or if Congress wants to vote by a 2/3rds majority to remove this disability, then at least be candid to make such a ruling.

Or, are Congress wanting to get rid of Trump?

Or, are SCOTUS’ hands tied to the constitution, which is causing this highly unprofessional delay, and certainly warrants me calling them SUPREME DEAD BEATS!

The CO election is around the corner and not a word!

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ByeByeAmericanPie

I have never voted for a politician in my entire life.

If that’s true, then you don’t have any business bitching about Trump at all.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 08:49 PM
link   

“No person may hold any office… under the United States… having engaged in insurrection”

That is Absolutely True . Now Show me where PRESIDENT Trump was First Accused of and then Tried and Convicted of " Insurrection " Or STFU Already about this NON EVENT Piehole ?.......

edit on 1-3-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

He created a massively popular propaganda campaign for his insurrection attempt called, “stop the steal.” That is engaging in insurrection.

Ignoring the obvious is no way to go through life. Ignorance is no excuse.

Really, is it against the Ts and Cs to call me a Piehole? I am feeling very violated by your use of sexual innuendo toward me.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I don’t vote for thugs jacking me, but you do. You worship the toughest thug jacking you, probably because you think it will give you protection to mock the daintier thugs.
edit on 1-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ByeByeAmericanPie

He created a massively popular propaganda campaign for his insurrection attempt called, “stop the steal.” That is engaging in insurrection.

Ignoring the obvious is no way to go through life. Ignorance is no excuse.

Really, is it against the Ts and Cs to call me a Piehole? I am feeling very violated by your use of sexual innuendo toward me.

They were going to PROTEST,not engage in a real fight,but thats YOU reading into words,not actually fact.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Was the “stop the steal.” Stopped ?

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I’d say that is pretty clear, and applies to front running candidates for President.

Now again, if SCOTUS wants to rule this election is more important than the constitution, or if Congress wants to vote by a 2/3rds majority to remove this disability, then at least be candid to make such a ruling.

Or, are Congress wanting to get rid of Trump?

Or, are SCOTUS’ hands tied to the constitution, which is causing this highly unprofessional delay, and certainly warrants me calling them SUPREME DEAD BEATS!

The CO election is around the corner and not a word!

Please show where Trump was tried and convicted for insurrection.

I appreciate your passion on this subject. But you are just flatly and unequivocally incorrect in your arguments.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 01:23 AM
link   

That right there shows the world you should not be engaging in conversations with adults. If you think being called a "piehole" is sexual innuendo, you obviously don't know much. Are you telling everyone you don't know what a pie is? A "piehole" is simply their mouth, which is used for eating pie. Talk about dense.... Maybe it's time you bowed out of this thread - you obviously don't know what you're talking about, or what anybody else is talking about, and you keep repeating yourself with the same non-relevent clap-trap. I think people are tired of you trying to kill the thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Your uphill battle is that Trump was never convicted of insurrection. The liberal house invented it and pushed it to the Senate for conviction and he wasn't. Not a single person has been convicted of insurrection, so who has engaged in insurrection?

Also, on a fundamental level, how in hell would they even accomplish it? 14th section three was meant to block former Confederate officers who were elected to office. Moving forward to 2024 there is no possibility of insurrection unless we have another civil war of the states and one side wins and once again the winning side wants to block the leaders on the other side from running for office. That is the reality of the 14th....

You all are trying to prevent Trump from running based on an impossibility. This doesn't even go into he was still speaking and was not involved in the protest that turned violent for a short period and knew nothing of it at first.

Dude... Do you hate Trump that much to go down some asinine rabbit hole that makes zero sense when one steps back and really looks at it?

edit on x31Sat, 02 Mar 2024 09:19:19 -0600202461America/ChicagoSat, 02 Mar 2024 09:19:19 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Y’all just can’t get it through your head that promoting a “stop the steal” campaign after losing an election qualifies as insurrection.

I am not the one with TDS. If y’all can’t see this simple fact, you must be blinded by your love for Trump.

If my argument doesn’t make sense, why is SCOTUS delaying their ruling, and not shutting down this case?
edit on 2-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Y’all just can’t get it through your head that promoting a “stop the steal” campaign after losing an election qualifies as insurrection..

You just can't get it through your head that it's NOT insurrection.
And no, I'm not a Trump fan .. so don't try that with me.
I don't think you know what insurrection is.

From the dictionary -

- The act or an instance of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government.

- A rising against civil or political authority, or the established government; open and active opposition to the execution of law in a city or state.

- A rising in mass to oppose an enemy

No, calling for recounts and rechecks of the process' in states after a presidential election is not 'insurrection'. This has happened many times before. Trump just put a name on it ... 'stop the steal'. You must be very young .. don't you remember Al Gore and the 'hanging chads' in Florida, etc etc?

If my argument doesn’t make sense, why is SCOTUS delaying their ruling, and not shutting down this case?

They aren't delaying their ruling. SCOTUS typically takes many weeks to get to a ruling. People have speculated that they would try to have it done by Super Tuesday, but that's just speculation. There is nothing 'delaying' about this.

edit on 3/2/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So you think that the most heavily armed demographic in the history of mankind showed up to overthrow the government and just forgot to bring their guns?

Your logic doesn't make any sense.

And here is the most recent commie Judge in Illinois. She's a traffic judge with only 3 years on the job just casually trampling all over the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

An insurrection doesn’t have to be successful, nor does it have to involve a massive amount of violence and death, for it to be an insurrection.

edit on 2-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

An insurrection doesn’t have to be successful, nor does it have to involve a massive amount of violence and death, for it to be an insurrection.

Tell us you’re not American without telling us you’re not an American.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Y’all just can’t get it through your head that promoting a “stop the steal” campaign after losing an election qualifies as insurrection.

So when Democrats scream election fraud it is all good, but when Trump does it then it is bad. And who says what you suggest above is insurrection? It is such BS. The whole mass mailing was a sh!t show, it opened the door for vote harvesting on a massive never-before-seen scale, hence 82 million votes for a guy who didn't campain. Of course, it all didn't make sense because it was a unique situation and things should be looked into, but what DOJ would do if their man won...lol

They already 9-0 said the 14th doesn't apply to the President. Can you let that sink into your head for just a minute? They will rule that only a convicted impeachment will be how it is done. Once again Trump was tried by Congress and was vindicated for insurrection, and no one has even been arrested for insurrection much less convicted. You all are trying to stretch some 1866 concerns into 2024.

Please explain how an insurrection could even possibly play out today... You can't because it would be impossible to act on. Then to suggest a protest that turned violent for a short period with no weapons that ended in people taking selfies walking around and then leaving at curfew was some kind of attempt at insurrection is laughable to even suggest.

It's going to be fun reading your words over the next 4 years...

edit on x31Sat, 02 Mar 2024 10:11:49 -0600202461America/ChicagoSat, 02 Mar 2024 10:11:49 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It does need to be something, right? Jan 6 wasn't that something in any way you look at it, so what else do you have in your bag of insurrection actions?

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I am not the one with TDS. If y’all can’t see this simple fact, you must be blinded by your love for Trump.

What court cases have certified "stop the steal" is an insurrection?

And have you considered specific parts of the 14th section may in itself be unconstitutional? Or is the Due Process implied? The Supreme Court might be looking in that direction. 😀

And remember the 3 States (CO, IL, ME) all have stays in place of their own, thus retaining Trump on The Ballots, so what's the hurry?

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   

COINTELPRO never stopped. They've enhanced the tactics. 😃

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: JinMI

I’ve said it a thousand times, Biden can’t beat Trump in a fair and square election.

I don’t know, Trump is starting to appear more and more unhinged with every losed legal battle, where as Biden is starting to appear more and more cool, claim and collected.

Obviously, the hardcore MAGA fanatics are going to vote for Trump no matter what. But I think you’re going to see Biden gain a lot of ground with the moderates in the months to come.

Simply because Trump is noticeably buckling under pressure.

Regardless of how stable Joe appears on camera, his policies are a flaming trainwreck and that's what Americans are voting on. The nation voted AGAINsT Trump as opposed to FOR Biden because they drank the Kool aid and foolishly believed no one, absolutely no one can be worse than DJ. Now we are humbled and desperate and almost certainly won't gamble on Biden a second time because we see the river bend and the white rapids boiling just around the corner before the open sea where all the most hungry predators lie in wait. And we ALL know that Biden isn't the right captain for fishing in shark infested waters.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join