It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To save Democracy some Dems say they won't certify Trump if he wins

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

Some Democrats in Congress are mulling whether to vote against certifying the results of this year's presidential election should former President Donald Trump, the front-runner for the Republican nomination, prevail.

Over and over we hear how the Democrats are intent on saving Democracy.
They are the ONLY ones who can save Democracy.
Democracy will be trashed if you don't vote blue.
This is clearly seen in a very popular t-shirt.

Now it seems that the Democrats in Congress are thinking about a dramatic move to save Democracy from the Republicans.

They are mulling whether they should refuse to certify the results of the election in Congress. This in an interview with the far left publication, the Atlantic.
They are saying if the Democrats take back the house in Nov they could refuse to certify the election and prevent Trump from taking office.
www.theatlantic.com...
This is how much Democrats try hard to save Democracy, and are the only true supporters of Democracy, it seems.

As Republicans are fond of pointing out, Democrats have objected to the certification of each GOP presidential winner since 2000.

The Democrats do have a long history of attempting to decertify Presidential elections when Republicans win the Presidency and thus save Democracy from the Republicans. Their message seems to be that Republicans are out to destroy democracy, thus their push to make "saving Democracy" their #1 platform and priority of 2024.

Democrats, due to polling, etc., think they will retake the House and several Senior Democrats are saying it is possible they will be able to save democracy by thwarting the will of the people and refusing to certify the results of the election, thereby giving the American voters the middle finger and forbidding Trump from becoming President.

Now just for those of you who will call me names like wanting to Make America a Great nation, as an insult: FYI I"m for Nikki Haley now.

Nonetheless, I'm really disgusted by the way the Democrats are full blown trying to save Democracy. By threatening to not certify the election, by telling people that the only way to save Democracy is to vote for them. Because, Democrats scream as loudly as possible, that to vote for Trump is a vote to destroy democracy. I see it everywhere and from the mouths of senior Democrats making it their main election platform and policy messaging. I think from what I have seen, Democrats are implying that the only way to save Democracy is for Democrats to run the entire nation unopposed, at least that is the message I am getting.

edit on 2/24/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

I think the better course of action would be not to certify Biden fit to run for office , hard to complain about the other guy when you're fielding a dud.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Democrats have been flirting with authoritarianism for a while now; its not surprising to hear them planing to subvert the will of the people if elections don't go there way.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sauce for the Goose in case the vote cheating fails. 😃

Marxocracy on the move! ☠️

edit on Feb-24-2024 by xuenchen because: 🥶️

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just to clarify, and nuance is important.

"Several senior Democrats told The Atlantic they would not certify a Trump victory in November if the Supreme Court does not clearly rule on his eligibility."

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Save democracy by destroying it. Sounds like a great plan.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The Democratic 'democracy' we've had under the Biden administration isn't worth saving.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123

"Several senior Democrats told The Atlantic they would not certify a Trump victory in November if the Supreme Court does not clearly rule on his eligibility."

Yes, you are correct.

Also correct:

The Dems are ready to give the middle finger to the American electorate (voters) if the majority of the American people vote "wrong" or if the majority of the states certify "incorrectly" according to them.

The Dems are ready to give the middle finger to the Supreme Court if they feel the Supreme Court is wrong when it makes its ruling.

They are tacitly saying only Democrats are fit to rule the US and if the American people and Supreme Court disagree, they will take the country anyway. Because they have implied quite strongly and openly, that only Democrats know what is best for the nation. Isn't that also correct?

And even more strongly, they are intimating ONLY DEMOCRATS are fit enough to rule over the idiot masses and the more idiot supreme court. Isn't that the clear and unadulterated message?

That is the Democratic Party's version of saving Democracy in the US. Really?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie

By threatening to not certify the election, by telling people that the only way to save Democracy is to vote for them. Because, Democrats scream as loudly as possible, that to vote for Trump is a vote to destroy democracy.

The irony in this, off course no democrat will see this.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie

By threatening to not certify the election, by telling people that the only way to save Democracy is to vote for them. Because, Democrats scream as loudly as possible, that to vote for Trump is a vote to destroy democracy.

The irony in this, off course no democrat will see this.

You have a point. The ones who do would simply say Trump will take over the country as dictator and so they must do it to save the nation. Ignoring the fact that Trump didn't do this when he was President.

If they did this they would be worse than a dictator, they would making the US a one-party nation, just like China. Heck, even Hillary said again in 2024 what she did in 2020 that Trump voters should be sent to formal reeducation. Just like China has done to the Ughyurs who have a religion they disapprove of.

Ignoring the fact that Trump didn't do any of the things while President that they say he would do to the nation if reelected.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yep, this.

People are speculating on how the Supreme Court may rule, and the implications of each said ruling. In this case, constitutionalists are speculating that SCOTUS may kick the issue to Congress, leaving open the chance of Congress rejecting states' electoral votes based on a 14th A disqualification, kicking the issue to The House of Representatives.

edit on 4720242024k13America/Chicago2024-02-24T12:13:47-06:0012pm2024-02-24T12:13:47-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hmmm. Sounds insurrectiony.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So the dems are planning an insurrection.

lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
edit on 24-2-2024 by DBCowboy because: boomer

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So the dems are planning an insurrection.

Looks like it and quite openly too.

They think "the people" are too dumb to be trusted with the nation.

They think the "supreme court" is too far right to be trusted with the nation.

So it looks like they are mulling over usurping the will of the people in a take over of the 2024 election.

WHAT! Sounds like an insurrection

NO! Sound like a coup

WAIT! Sounds like a totalitarian overthrow of the government.

Could this really be????

I guess that is how the Democrats plan to save Democracy from the people.

edit on 2/24/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: format

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well THAT depends heavily on what those senior Democrats consider "clearly rule". 😃

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   

" I think from what I have seen, Democrats are implying that the only way to save Democracy is for Democrats to run the entire nation unopposed, at least that is the message I am getting."

That is precisely the case and it's the message they've been subtly promoting for several years now. There's little doubt in my mind that the end game ultimate goal of the Democrats is to achieve One Party Rule on a Federal Level and in all 50 states.

I have little doubt that they will, ultimately, succeed. That's the reason for the Open Borders policies they pursue. See:
www.americanthinker.com...

It's about re-apportionment and the turning of purple states blue.

Considering that the Republican "Party" isn't a functioning political party in the traditional sense, there's little doubt in my mind that after 2030, the US will be a nation with One Party Rule. That being the case, we have California and NYC to inform us as to what the future holds. And if the Democrats control 2/3 of the State governments, I expect they will be able to amend the US Constitution (which they hate) into oblivion.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well THAT depends heavily on what those senior Democrats consider "clearly rule". 😃

I think "clearly rule" means the Supreme Court doesn't rule the way the way the Dems say they should. At least it kind of looks like that to me, could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

How "certain" are you The Supreme Court ruling(s) will determine "eligibility" ?

There's been no indictment(s) or trial(s) for insurrection.

Insurrection seems to be the only "eligibility" factor. 😀

Assuming and misreading and misinterpreting and misunderstanding is not definite.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So what would stop each State's Representative Vote(s) from voting with the State's Electoral Vote? 😃

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think the better course of action would be not to certify Biden fit to run for office , hard to complain about the other guy when you're fielding a dud.

Might be the smartest thing you've ever posted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join