It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - What is the US Taxpayer Getting for their $113 Billion Investment in the Ukraine?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As of October 2023 we had given the Ukraine $113 Billion in aid for it's war against Russia. That's not including the tens of billions more that Congress is debating now giving them. I get that Russia is an invader and bad, and that the Ukraine needs help repelling them, and that keeping Russia in check is good for everyone, but I have to ask ....

WHAT is the American tax payer getting for their $113 Billion investment in the Ukraine?
AND WHY are we the ones footing the big bill on this?

Ukraine isn't NATO and we don't have an agreement with them.
If they were an ally and we had an agreement ... maybe then ... but this???
Stopping Russian expansion is important but we can't be the only ones on the planet doing this.

I can think of AMERICANS who could use a lot of help with that $113 Billion, like the American elderly who can't work and can't afford rent and food, and like the 20% of American children going to bed hungry at night.

So what are we getting for our tax money buying bullets for the Ukraine instead of spending it on Americans who are in danger of being homeless and hungry?

CNN

So far, Congress has approved about $113 billion in aid to Ukraine, according to calculations by the US State Department Office of Inspector General and the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We're not getting a damn thing but higher inflation and more debt. I think there is definitely something shady going on with Ukraine and I don't think our money is going to fight their war.

originally posted by: FlyersFan
As of October 2023 we had given the Ukraine $113 Billion in aid for it's war against Russia. That's not including the tens of billions more that Congress is debating now giving them. I get that Russia is an invader and bad, and that the Ukraine needs help repelling them, and that keeping Russia in check is good for everyone, but I have to ask ....

WHAT is the American tax payer getting for their $113 Billion investment in the Ukraine?
AND WHY are we the ones footing the big bill on this?

Ukraine isn't NATO and we don't have an agreement with them.
If they were an ally and we had an agreement ... maybe then ... but this???
Stopping Russian expansion is important but we can't be the only ones on the planet doing this.

I can think of AMERICANS who could use a lot of help with that $113 Billion, like the American elderly who can't work and can't afford rent and food, and like the 20% of American children going to bed hungry at night.

So what are we getting for our tax money buying bullets for the Ukraine instead of spending it on Americans who are in danger of being homeless and hungry?

CNN

So far, Congress has approved about $113 billion in aid to Ukraine, according to calculations by the US State Department Office of Inspector General and the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Zelenskyy's gratitude.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It's not like it's all cash, though.

It's more of an accounting exercise for the "value" of weapons supplied.

Like stuff that would have been decommissioned, at considerable cost anyway.

link   

I do not know what the US Taxpayer is getting , but I Surmise " Some " of our Elected Representatives are getting their " Beaks Wet " on the Down Low ..... This alleged " Aid " to Ukraine is Nothing More than a Ponzi Scheme IMO ...

link   

What is the US Taxpayer Getting for the $3.3 billion given to Israel per year.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

When I was a kid I had as did most AMERICANS(you know the true Americans) an existential fear.
Nuclear Holocaust and only ONE country would start it and that was RUSSIA!
We wondered if the Russians loved their children like we did.
We listened to our President about the dangers the USSR posed and why Russia and it's soviet counterparts needed to end.
We fought a cold war and WON!

Now all the so called patriots are somehow siding with a Former Head of the KGB and a dictator, yes PUTIN is a dictator.
You cannot call him a president as his elections are more rigged then any in the world, he has been the head of Russia for TWENTY FOUR YEARS!!! He is a Dictator and if you believe we in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA are headed for a dictatorship you are fooling yourself!

They call Reagan a hero yet apparently forgot his message? To side with PUTIN to me is to side with the rebuilding of the USSR, Tyranny, and Communism! Which every proud patriot should support? Get REAL!

What we get is STOPPING RUSSIA from expanding back into the TERROR it will become!

edit on 8-2-2024 by Therealbeverage because: fixed

edit on 8-2-2024 by Therealbeverage because: cause of communists!

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
We're getting a reason to not pay taxes and make those 87k IRS agents work for their blood money.

You want it? Come take it, fed boi.

EDIT - I apologize for my..... current energy level. Apparently I woke up today and chose violence.
edit on 8-2-2024 by dothedew because: I did more things

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

A sickening infatuation with them.

Oh, and an "aren't we cool" pat on the back to ourselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

check the thread title. I think you are in the wrong one.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This thread is about $113 billion going to Ukraine.
Not $3 billion going to Israel, an ally with agreements.
I get that you are obsessed with Israel but
try to stay on topic.
edit on 2/8/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

So you think it's just "accounting" and that we are probably saving money by giving them old stuff?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Did you see this ?

Ukraine aid’s best-kept secret: Most of the money stays in the U.S.A.

No I didn't. That's helpful. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Therealbeverage

As an Australian, would prefer the Russian/Putin Yoke over the US/Democrat criminal cabal
The world is fast losing respect for the US
In 2013 I asked on here the possibilities of another US civil war, it seems probable
(If the boarder issues are to be believed)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

A sickening infatuation with them.

Oh, and an "aren't we cool" pat on the back to ourselves.

Israel is a wealthy country. It doesn't need to be given money or arms.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Therealbeverage

When I was a kid I had as did most AMERICANS(you know the true Americans) an existential fear.
Nuclear Holocaust and only ONE country would start it and that was RUSSIA!
We wondered if the Russians loved their children like we did.
We listened to our President about the dangers the USSR posed and why Russia and it's soviet counterparts needed to end.
We fought a cold war and WON!

Now all the so called patriots are somehow siding with a Former Head of the KGB and a dictator, yes PUTIN is a dictator.
You cannot call him a president as his elections are more rigged then any in the world, he has been the head of Russia for TWENTY FOUR YEARS!!! He is a Dictator and if you believe we in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA are headed for a dictatorship you are fooling yourself!

They call Reagan a hero yet apparently forgot his message? To side with PUTIN to me is to side with the rebuilding of the USSR, Tyranny, and Communism! Which every proud patriot should support? Get REAL!

What we get is STOPPING RUSSIA from expanding back into the TERROR it will become!

You must not know that the Cold War ended long ago and you give Putin no kudos for all the good things he had done for America and to promote free movement of information while we live in our shielded and censor filled state.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Did you see this ?

Ukraine aid’s best-kept secret: Most of the money stays in the U.S.A.

Let's keep the war going then. Maybe Putin will run out of men and ammo before the Biden-Zelenskyy team.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

So you think it's just "accounting" and that we are probably saving money by giving them old stuff?

No. Not what I said.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

No. Not what I said.

Sorry .. I couldn't follow you.
I'm old and I guess I didn't understand.
Try again? Thanks.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join