It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We know what ‘foo fighters’ that buzzed Second World War pilots really were, say scientists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

The difference between 2D and 3D is depth. 2D has no depth….no Z axis.

I have a “3D” TV that requires glasses to see the 3D effect….yet even then, the depth is really not there. I think of it as 2D Enhanced….or 2.5D

A 3D TV for me would be the same as looking out of a window without 3D glasses. Yes the window itself is a 2D plane in a sense, however the realism of reality is that depth Z is present beyond the window.

Give me a TV that’s like looking through a window without augmenting my natural vision….to see depth…...now ya got something there.

Imo

👽
edit on 5-2-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Now imagine an entity in a dimension higher than the one we live in. When it poked into/through our dimensions it would likely be weirdly shifting colors shapes.

Thats the problem- we can only imagine as no one has ever observed a physical process that interacts with a "higher dimension" beyond 3+time.

Intuitively - we shouldn't jump to any conclusions whilst we have the very real problem of scale i.e lots of interactions at the very small/ very large scale contribute towards our "observed reality".

We cant measure Planck scale interactions accurately (yet) and because we reside inside of the Universe we propose to explain - very large scale interactions are limited to probability guesses (how big is the electron wave function of the Universe? for e.g)

edit on 6-2-2024 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   
A little silly, but watch as he puts his finger through flatland:

Something from a different dimension would similarly not have a stable, understandable shape in our dimensions. It would change as different parts went through, like his finger does flatland.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

A favorite dimensional episode of mine comes from

The Outer Limits … Behold, Eck!

About a 2D NHI creature trapped in a 3D world

👽

edit on 6-2-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ooooops Doooop

🥴
edit on 7-2-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Question is, why we don't see them any more? No pilots today report anything close to foo fighters.

edit on 9-2-2024 by DaydreamerX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DaydreamerX

Seeing them and reporting them are two different things.

Reporting foo fighters may not be in pilots best interests.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

Either that or natural plasma balls are not occurring in nature any more (/sarcasm).

I am sure private small aircraft pilots would speak out if chased by balls of light in mid air. Safety hazard, you know. Those pilots would post a video already resembling foo fighter lights. IMO.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaydreamerX

originally posted by: IndieA

Either that or natural plasma balls are not occurring in nature any more (/sarcasm).

I am sure private small aircraft pilots would speak out if chased by balls of light in mid air. Safety hazard, you know. Those pilots would post a video already resembling foo fighter lights. IMO.

They seem to have shown up around the same time as microwave radar technology.

Here's an interesting article on the subject:

THE HISTORY OF FOO FIGHTERS (NO, NOT THOSE ONES)

Foo fighters’ are inexplicable aerial phenomena, generally reported by pilots in air forces. Most famous examples come from the United States Air Force, who began reporting mysterious craft in the skies over Europe and the Asiatic-Pacific Theatre during the Second World War. 

Here are just some of the more prominent theories behind foo fighters:

● Nice and simple this first one - they’re extraterrestrial spacecraft

● They could be unusual weather phenomena, eg ball lightning 

● The CIA dismissed foo fighters as ‘electromagnetic’ phenomena

● Might they be sunlight that’s reflecting off ice crystals?

● Could their prevalence during WWII be proof that they were experimental Nazi tech?

● Pilots have been known to suffer visual hallucinations during night flights

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I doubt. Here is a bit from history . com

"..at a time when Germany’s Luftwaffe was making tremendous strides. Then there’s the fact that the sightings stopped once the German army was defeated."

Key here is "sightings stopped once the German army was defeated". Originating on a wingtips. But, sure it could be a mix of some plasma phenomenon and real UFO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join