It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever feel like you are in a waiting room ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
True I'm no doctor .

I'm guessing most of us are not but like I said, regardless of what might help most people, I think there are some of us, and yes I'm putting myself in that group, that have just lost the lust for life.

I was at a family gathering last month and one of my wives cousins was there. She told me she never imagined I was the type of person she saw at that gathering. She said I was the life of the party, telling stories, cracking jokes, even ribbing the other people there but not in an overly rude way, although we can get a little raw with each other.

I laughed and asked her: really? She said yeah, you should get out more and mix it up with us.

She had no idea how much I was hating being there. And the thing is that it isn't anybody else's fault. I know, it is me, I just don't have the desire to be in those situations but I guess I can fake it well enough.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I agree!

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: daskakik

True I'm no doctor .

Sure but advising folks to eat healthy, exercise, and be positive is about the safest advice you could offer anyone.
Doctors would tell you to drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is exactly how I feel.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I'm not sure how to tackle this , It seems like I'm just waiting for something reading the same magazines in a waiting room over and over . I need to change my life it's become a routine everyday the same thing over and over same routine again and again . I have witnessed things most have not experienced things most will not . I feel like I'm just in limbo standing with my hands out like begging for a response - This is not a religious post so don't need to go there .

I've suffered and experienced things "Normals' will never get close to . I'ts hard to adapt to the boredom .

Now i just sit and wait for something I have no Idea when it's actually going to happen could be today could be tomorrow could be years . I do not feel like I own my life or that i'm free so I hide away and shake my head at those who have no clue what life is really I actually kinda envy them- I've seen it all from Brazil to Mideast once my eyes were opened I went to the BeetleJuice waiting room .

If anyone else has experienced this kinda thing "I fix this just so it's broken again" Kinda thing let me know how you cope .

" The Doctor Will See You Now " ..............................

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Im in the position (MD)it’s common sense. The guy is totally depressed and out of touch with reality. It happens to the best of us. Do what the others say exercise, eat right, and find you a piece of strange.a reply to: daskakik

edit on 3-1-2024 by gordanramsme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If only I could share what I feel like. I signed up here 15 or more years ago and never got comfortable enough to dare say what I have experienced...

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I'm not sure how to tackle this , It seems like I'm just waiting for something reading the same magazines in a waiting room over and over . I need to change my life it's become a routine everyday the same thing over and over same routine again and again . I have witnessed things most have not experienced things most will not . I feel like I'm just in limbo standing with my hands out like begging for a response - This is not a religious post so don't need to go there .

I've suffered and experienced things "Normals' will never get close to . I'ts hard to adapt to the boredom .

Now i just sit and wait for something I have no Idea when it's actually going to happen could be today could be tomorrow could be years . I do not feel like I own my life or that i'm free so I hide away and shake my head at those who have no clue what life is really I actually kinda envy them- I've seen it all from Brazil to Mideast once my eyes were opened I went to the BeetleJuice waiting room .

If anyone else has experienced this kinda thing "I fix this just so it's broken again" Kinda thing let me know how you cope .

You need to find something much more fulfilling to do and think how you can spend your time without feeling the way you do. I think many people are in the same situation.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosOMegas
If only I could share what I feel like. I signed up here 15 or more years ago and never got comfortable enough to dare say what I have experienced...

You should...

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Not just a waiting room but a waiting room to die. I want to go first. Just tired of living.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join