It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decapitation competition.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

On December 13, 1937, the Japanese newspapers “Osaka Mainichi Shimbun” and “Tokyo Nichi-Nichi Shimbun” reported on an exciting military-sports sword competition that two Japanese officers, Toshiaki Mukai and Tsuyoshi Noda, started as a bet. The competition was underway as the imperial troops moved towards the then capital of China - the city of Nanjing. A catchy newspaper headline read: "Stunning record in 100-man sword beheading contest - Mukai 106, Noda 105 - both second lieutenants will need extra innings." That is, Lieutenant Mukai at that time had already chopped up 106 Chinese with his sword, and Lieutenant Noda lagged behind and killed only 105. To find out which of them won this fascinating competition, additional innings (that is, rounds) were really required, like in baseball. . And, as journalists Asami Kazuo and Suzuki Jiro reported on December 13, the officers decided to raise the bar for their record from 100 to 150 murders.

The most important thing to note is that all this happened against the backdrop of the truly large-scale Nanking Massacre, when Japanese troops victoriously entered the Chinese capital. According to various estimates, from 100 thousand to half a million people died in this massacre, but the exact number of historical victims is unknown. More than 20 thousand women were raped, many then brutally murdered. The Consul of the Third Reich, in an official report, described the behavior of Japanese soldiers as “brutal.”

It must be admitted that the participants in the competition possessed a valuable quality that can be described as sportsmanship. Noda, returning to his hometown, modestly admitted that one should not think that he killed his hundred Chinese killed in hand-to-hand combat:

“In fact, in the battles I killed no more than four or five people... We stood in front of the trench we captured and called to them: “Ni, lai-lai” (you, come here!), and the stupid Chinese all started running towards us at once. After that, we lined them up and killed them, from one end to the other. I was praised for killing a hundred people, but to be honest, almost all of them were killed like this. The two of us had a competition, but when they asked me if it was difficult, I always answered that it was not ... "

The war ended, as we know, with the surrender of the Japanese emperor, and then the materials about the military “duel” of the two friends fell into the hands of the tribunal for the Far East. The athletes were extradited to China, to the very city of Nanjing where they performed their “exploits.” There they were tried by a Chinese court... Unfortunately, it did not appreciate the entire sporting unselfishness of their achievements, and on January 28, 1948, both champions were shot in Nanjing.

Thank you.
edit on 15-12-2023 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

It must be admitted that the participants in the competition possessed a valuable quality that can be described as sportsmanship.

Sportsmanship?

I would suggest cutting the heads off POW or civilians is anything but and extremely poor form.

They should have had the favor returned via death by 1000 cuts as opposed to death by firing squad imho.
edit on 15-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Absolutely a terrible period in mankind's quest for war and domination. The Japanese brain washing of their soldiers was well done as they seemed to have little or no remorse for the brutality they inflicted upon the conquered or captured. Some may not be able to view this video either from their location or the grossness of the acts the Japanese committed and this is but the tip of the atrocities. youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The things Japan got up to via "Unit 731" experiments puts them on par with Nazi scum.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Sometimes I think human history is a horror story.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   

One cant blame the Chinese for not forgetting the Japan WWII atrocities yet the USA helped China in WWII and they screw the USA over too.

China : Japan is someowhat like Israel : Palestine

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Funny growing up I was worried about monsters in the closet. Or under the bed. The real monster has always been my fellow man. Maybe the monster under the bed is a subconscious realization of the true monsters are hidden in society.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This kind of brutality has a long history in Japan, I've studied Japanese Martial Arts and read about Samurai history. A Katana was tested on criminals or dead bodies to see how many they could cut through in one strike for strengh and sharpness.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Funny growing up I was worried about monsters in the closet. Or under the bed. The real monster has always been my fellow man. Maybe the monster under the bed is a subconscious realization of the true monsters are hidden in society.

Past Empires were built upon death and destruction; some would say the very essence of civilization was built upon laws made by the united and strong.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I love you history posts, ty.

On this one, the pic looks staged to me...no trench, looks like the first time holding a sword, the guards have their hands on their hips-no guns or other weapons holding the power.

I don't doubt the story, just don't trust the photo.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Past Empires were built upon death and destruction

A few doing the rounds in this day of age that are not much better.

Same crap slightly different wrapping paper.

And the results tend to be the same aka mass genocide and totalitarian rule.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Only sometimes? Human history is absolutely abhorent! Selfish, brutal, violent, lack of compassion or empathy .
I'm sick of all wars, past, present and future. I'm so FN done with it. All fighting and violence, ugh!

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The two of us had a competition, but when they asked me if it was difficult, I always answered that it was not ...

Very art of war.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

Only sometimes? Human history is absolutely abhorent! Selfish, brutal, violent, lack of compassion or empathy .
I'm sick of all wars, past, present and future. I'm so FN done with it. All fighting and violence, ugh!

Me too Scarlet

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

The two of us had a competition, but when they asked me if it was difficult, I always answered that it was not ...

Very art of war.

This art, as I understand you, is fully possessed by Australian soldiers.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I think the Member is refering to the book 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I think the Member is refering to the book 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu.

I am very glad that the West is starting to think. I hope that with my head))))

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The West never stopped thinking RT.

The book is from ancient China, and attributed Sun Tzu, so it would be attributed to Eastern descent.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

Aint that the truth.

And probably one of the reasons if aliens exist and are anywhere near close by.

They don't bother to show up and say hello.

Humanity has a capacity for Evil unrivaled in nature.

Which is not exactly the most kind of mistress at the best of times.

That being said we also have the capacity to empathise and do great good if we choose to do so.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The West never stopped thinking RT.

The book is from ancient China, and attributed Sun Tzu, so it would be attributed to Eastern descent.

Wow! Honestly, I am very glad that the West is moving away from the ideology of traveling salesmen and is beginning to study the history of civilizations.))))

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join