It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient mosaic shows that Jesus was Russian?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I, as a believing Orthodox Christian, certainly believe in the Old and New Testaments. Every event and every word. But sometimes you come across ancient artifacts that make you wonder if everything in this story is so clear? Today I want to tell you about one of these artifacts, on the basis of which some scientists have the opportunity to claim that Jesus was allegedly Russian.

So. There is such a concept as a “decapolis” or decapolis - a group of ten ancient cities east of the Jordan Valley, from the southwestern plateau of the Golan Heights to modern Amman.

These cities were the centers of civilization before our era. They existed before the arrival of the Roman Empire, and after that they became its main part. The city of Jerash or biblical Gerasa was one of the greatest cities of the decapolis, known 2 thousand years before the birth of Christ. The city was completely destroyed by a powerful earthquake in 749. It is probably for this reason that those who rewrote the history of mankind in the 18th and 19th centuries failed to reach it. Excavations began only in 1920.

Here is one of the first photographs of the Geras mosaic, taken at the time of excavation. Please note that the ground has not yet been completely cleared, the inscriptions are not visible, but a strange guy with a bucket in high boots is already visible. Don’t you think that his appearance is somehow not Greco-Roman? Let's look at the already cleaned mosaic in color.

Unfortunately, several hours of searching for an adequate photograph on the Internet did not lead to anything; the “Western partners” do not want to show us this particular fragment of the mosaic from the Church of Saints Cosmas and Damian, so we had to pass the picture of terrible quality through neural network. But what happened.

The image shows a man dressed in what is clearly Slavic clothing, including trousers.

1. The ancient Greeks equated wearing pants with barbaric customs, associating this element of clothing with the Persians, Sarmatians, Scythians, and Asian peoples.

2. The ancient Greeks also did not wear boots. The closest Greek anagogue is Persikai. Boots made of soft leather, which, neither in their height nor in their cut, clearly reach those that we see in the picture.

That is, we draw an absolutely clear conclusion - the picture depicts is not a Greek, not a Roman, and certainly not a Jew, but a representative of the “wild” Scythian-Sarmatian peoples.

Even more interesting is the inscription on the fragment of the mosaic. And it says - "ХРlCTE". And different sources claim that the inscription was made either in Greek, which is not surprising, or in Cyrillic (which did not yet officially exist) or Glagolitic. And this can be shocking.

Why? Because the Greeks did not use the letter C, but always used sigma - Σ or σ. To be fair, it is worth noting that there is another way to write sigma - ς. Another piece of evidence in favor of the Slavic version comes from other inscriptions in the same mosaic:

The presence of the letter Yus small. This letter was used in the Glagolitic alphabet and the early version of the Cyrillic alphabet. Now the letter is used in the Church Slavonic alphabet.

Before us there is a mosaic on the floor of an ancient temple, clearly made before the appearance of the Slavs according to official history, that is, long before the 6th century. Moreover, the mosaic is signed with Slavic letters, clearly depicting a Slav in national clothes. And this inscription is “ХРlCTE”. Now, “Christ” in Greek and Hebrew do not mean the same thing. If in Hebrew Christ is the anointed one or the messiah, then in Greek it is the one who anoints, anoints. uses medicinal ointment.

But there is one more detail on the mosaic; I will not give an image of it for obvious reasons. But you, dear ATS members, can look at them in the second photo in the thread. These are swastikas. There are swastikas on four sides of the picture. For the Greeks, the swastika symbol meant “tetragammadion” or “tetragrammaton” - a four-letter word, the scientifically accepted name for the name of the God of Israel, Yahweh.

That is, the figure of Christ was surrounded by the names of God? This is obvious, just as it is obvious that among the Slavs, to whom our figure belongs, the swastika is also a symbol of one specific and completely defined god - Rod.

You can draw your own conclusions from the facts I have presented.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

It would be more likely that the early Slavic Christians depicted him in Slavic attire, so that the Slavic pagans would more easily adopt him as one of them. In the west he was depicted as fair skinned looking like those people at that time for example.

What is curious is the bucket, do you know why he is carrying the bucket? It reminds me of ancient depictions of gods from all over the ancient world also carrying buckets or man bags…

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Interesting thread RT some places like what we know call the Golant hights were not so long ago called the plains of Bashan
archive.org...

And they vanished in a short window after the author visited when the book was printed in 1865 there were photographs taken and in 1900 all was gone ! .

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

Hmm. Then another question arises: Where did the pagan Slavs come from in the city located just north of Amman, the capital of Jordan?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   

r troll has always been making outrageous ridiculous claims that well established history is false and posts some sort revisionist history.

wouldn't surprise me none if he was on the payroll with likes Vladimir Medinsky ( putins ghost writer and editor russia new history book used in schools),and the ultra russian yogi philosopher Aleksandr Dugin.

new york times reprint from sep this year.

The book was written, along with others, by Vladimir Medinsky, Russia’s former culture minister and now a presidential aide. Mr. Medinsky has another, more secret role: He is President Vladimir Putin’s ghostwriter. Working with a team of assistants, he writes texts about history under Mr. Putin’s name. Given the president’s obsession with history and use of it to justify his regime, Mr. Medinsky occupies an important position in Russia today. From the shadows, he has helped construct the ideological and historical edifice on which much of Mr. Putin’s rule rests.
MEET PUTIN’S GHOSTWRITER

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I understand that you have nothing to say on the topic.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It's just art work and doesn't mean anything. Cultures around the world depict Jesus and his mother as looking like their own culture instead of looking JEWISH, which is what they were. In Mexico Jesus and Mary look Mexican. In Japan they look Asian. In America they look very white instead of a Middle Eastern olive complexion. In Africa they are depicted as black.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Perhaps they had a trading outpost there? Or the equivalent of a modern embassy? I remember reading that the site of the ancient temples carved in the stone in Jordan was once a centre for trade for goods from all over the known world.

Personally I take much of history and especially the more ancient with a grain of salt. I have the strong impression we have been deceived about certain elements of our past.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Ancient mosaic shows that Jesus was Russian?

The man could simply have been a parable.

Drawing conclusions about the fellow tends to bring out the worst in some all the same.

I like the mosaic through, it's beautiful.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Well rulers of nearly all cultures have either ignored or embellished history in their favour. It gives them the foundation to say their civilisation is the greatest, that they are the rightful successors and so on.

Look at the temple of Baalbek, the Romans came along and built the temple of Jupiter on the colossal foundation stones.
What is left or known about the original builders of the temple?

Don’t they say after all, history is written by the victors.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Yeah the real question for me also would be who is responsible for laying those colossal foundation stones?

Where did they go, or who did they become?

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

That is, we draw an absolutely clear conclusion - the picture depicts is not a Greek, not a Roman, and certainly not a Jew, but a representative of the “wild” Scythian-Sarmatian peoples.

So you are saying Jesus was Iranian then...

Why does the guy with the bucket need to be Jesus and not just a worker? Also, what is the age of the Geras mosaic?

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   

"Don’t they say after all, history is written by the victors."

You're right. One more example:

The Duenos inscription is one of the oldest known monuments of Latin writing. Dates from the sixth century BC. The inscription is written in three lines on the walls of the kernos, made in the form of three spherical vessels connected by a lintel. Kernos was discovered in 1880 by Heinrich Dressel at the Quirinal in Rome and is kept in the State Museum of Berlin.

- No matter how hard the learned men tried to read this and translate it from ancient Latin to modern Latin, nothing came of it. But the inscription is easy to read by modern Russian speakers, especially Smolensk and Belarusians:

Translation into English:

“I’ve been chasing honey and wax all this day, and so have you.”

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Very strange. You quoted me, and in the quote there is not a word about Iranians. And then you immediately write that I said the word “Iranian”. Very strange, I can’t even give the degree of adequacy to your comment.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The Duenos inscription is one of the oldest known monuments of Latin writing.

It looks like a fidget spinner.

Pareidolia of sorts i suppose.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

It would be more likely that the early Slavic Christians depicted him in Slavic attire, so that the Slavic pagans would more easily adopt him as one of them. In the west he was depicted as fair skinned looking like those people at that time for example.

What is curious is the bucket, do you know why he is carrying the bucket? It reminds me of ancient depictions of gods from all over the ancient world also carrying buckets or man bags…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A learned member in that thread explains the bucket and water symbology
edit on 4/12/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Very strange. You quoted me, and in the quote there is not a word about Iranians. And then you immediately write that I said the word “Iranian”. Very strange, I can’t even give the degree of adequacy to your comment.

I asked what was the age of the mosaic, and the Scythian-Sarmatian people were of Iranian blood.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I asked what was the age of the mosaic, and the Scythian-Sarmatian people were of Iranian blood.

You are very inattentive or simply did not read the topic. It is written not earlier than 749, when the city was destroyed.

And you obviously made a mistake with the “Iranians”. It was the Slavs who came to Iran and India, and not vice versa.

Indo-European languages
edit on 4-12-2023 by RussianTroll because: correct

edit on 4-12-2023 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

At first I thought you had directed me to the wrong thread, but then I found the paragraph which I believe you were pointing out?

The counter to this, are those who are considered "Ascended", who were depicted as bird people, or people with wings. Usually holding a seed of their knowledge, and carrying a bucket of water, symbolising them being one who has passed through initiation, who carries the knowledge with them

That makes sense from my understanding of ancient initiation rites, I find it interesting that the Mayan culture also had this bucket symbol being held by one of there gods (ascended masters) I wonder if it meant the same thing to them? We also find it on one of the pillars at Gobekli Tepi. Though not being carried by anyone in that case, but it does show the symbol to be about as ancient as it gets.

I always wondered if Jesus himself was a initiate and then a master of one of these mystery schools, considering the missing years of his life, the fish symbol also ties into the underworld as well as the age of Pisces, and then we have the age of Aquarius, the Age of Enlightenment, symbolised by a man emptying a bucket of water.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You are very inattentive or simply did not read the topic. It is written not earlier than 749, when the city was destroyed.

And you obviously made a mistake with the “Iranians”. It was the Slavs who came to Iran and India, and not vice versa.

Indo-European languages

You are correct.
The Aryan roots came from the caucuses region, spread down into Persia, and expanded into the Levant and Mediterranean.
Right off the boat where it settled on Mt. Ararat

edit on 4-12-2023 by FarmerSimulation because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join