It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient mosaic shows that Jesus was Russian?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This timeline makes my brain hurt.

Let's see. The Slavic people didn't exist at all until around the 5th or 6th centuries. Russia did not exist, even as an idea, until the Rus empire in 862. Then it lasted for some 3 centuries, before it was wiped out for 3 more centuries by the Mongols.

Is this like the Mormon thing, when Jesus is supposed to have been resurrected and then showed himself to people continents away, like Joseph Smith said?

Only Jesus took a break for eight to nine hundred years and THEN showed himself to early Slavic people.

Or is this a new way of claiming since Jesus was Russian, the Middle East where he lived is also Russian land?

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Very interesting read.

But all a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Especially considering that everyone knows that God is an Englishman.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

You are very inattentive or simply did not read the topic. It is written not earlier than 749, when the city was destroyed.

You mean no later than since the city was destroyed in 749.

And you obviously made a mistake with the “Iranians”. It was the Slavs who came to Iran and India, and not vice versa.

The expansion of the Slavs was about 800 AD and they didn't make it to Iran, so there were people there a long time before then. Slavic language doesn't also mean Slavic people. Slavic culture didn't go that far. What we say as Slavic language is a combination of Slavic, Iranian, Baltic, etc and this isn't because Slavic took over these other languages, but because languages melted together over time as different groups worked to communicate with each other.

A picture of a Slav in boots, hat, and bucket from 400 to 800 AD has zero connection to being the "real" picture of Jesus...its laughable to think so. Just as language traveled and melted together with other languages without people physically moving, religion did the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Especially considering that everyone knows that God is an Englishman.

I thought the devil was an Englishman...

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I thought the devil was an Englishman...

Au contraire mon ami, although The Scots are sometimes called Devils in Skirts I personally think that without a shadow of a doubt The Devil is French!

No amount of evidence provided will ever convince me otherwise!

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Au contraire mon ami, although The Scots are sometimes called Devils in Skirts I personally think that without a shadow of a doubt The Devil is French!

No amount of evidence provided will ever convince me otherwise!

Touché

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation

Which would explain why Eastern Euopeans whose forefathers never stepped foot in the Holy land can claim to be Jewish.

you can't say that, you as in you not historians have no way to know for certain who's ancestors came from the Holy Land.

might want to look into Ashkenazi Jews, and Sephardic Jews and the DNA testing that proves jews were in europe, either on their own or brought there by the romans.

These studies revealed that Ashkenazi Jews originate from an ancient (2000–700 BCE) population of the Middle East who spread to Europe.[163] Ashkenazic Jews display the homogeneity of a genetic bottleneck, meaning they descend from a larger population whose numbers were greatly reduced but recovered through a few founding individuals. Although the Jewish people, in general, were present across a wide geographical area as described, genetic research by Gil Atzmon of the Longevity Genes Project at Albert Einstein College of Medicine suggests "that Ashkenazim branched off from other Jews around the time of the destruction of the First Temple, 2,500 years ago ... flourished during the Roman Empire but then went through a 'severe bottleneck' as they dispersed, reducing a population of several million to just 400 families who left Northern Italy around the year 1000 for Central and eventually Eastern Europe."[164]

Genetics

The name Sephardi means "Spanish" or "Hispanic", derived from Sepharad (Hebrew: סְפָרַד‎, Modern: Sfarád, Tiberian: Səp̄āráḏ), a Biblical location.[11] The location of the Biblical Sepharad points to the Iberian peninsula, then the westernmost outpost of Phoenician maritime trade.[12] Jewish presence in Iberia is believed to have started during the reign of King Solomon,[13] whose excise imposed taxes on Iberian exiles. Although the first date of arrival of Jews in Iberia is the subject of ongoing archaeological research, there is evidence of established Jewish communities as early as the 1st century CE.[14]

Genetically, Sephardic Jews are closely related to their Ashkenazi Jewish counterparts and studies have revealed that they mainly have a mixed Middle Eastern (Levantine) and Southern European ancestry.[159] Due to their origin in the Mediterranean basin and strict practice of endogamy, there is a higher incidence of certain hereditary diseases and inherited disorders in Sephardi Jews. However, there are no specifically Sephardic genetic diseases, since the diseases in this group are not necessarily common to Sephardic Jews specifically, but are instead common in the particular country of birth, and sometimes among many other Jewish groups generally.[160] The most important ones are:

Sephardic Jews

then there are other groups of Jews all over the world that have also been proven to have come from ancient Israel/Judah

Despite the evident diversity displayed by the world's distinctive Jewish populations, both culturally and physically, genetic studies have demonstrated most of these to be genetically related to one another, having ultimately originated from a common ancient Israelite population that underwent geographic branching and subsequent independent evolutions.[1]

Genetic Studies

same page as above,

Geographic Distribution

edit on 4-12-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Can you post a link to a source, please?

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I am simply stating that the mosaic seems to indicate a dating of 5th-6th century, and the location places the church where it was discovered within the Byzantine empire, and the dress of the figure wearing a common pair of boots from the same time frame would indicate that this is not of Rus origin. Furthermore, Ancient Greek and Latin were considered the common languages for that time and location so it would stand to reason that lettering within the mosaic would match. Just shaving with Ockham's razon again, but if you have further sources, please post them for review. It would be nice to have a high-resolution image of the figure to attempt a proper translation, as Greek for Yahweh is Γιαχβέ.

edit on 4-12-2023 by Yggdrasiljuice because: correcting spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 11:46 PM
link   
told ya this is revisonist history, this is one of the three churches in Jerash - Gerasa; specifically the Church of Saints Cosmas and Damianus. built and completed during the Byzantine era and reign of Justinian from 529 to 533.

from all the sources i've found the inscriptions are indeed Greek not some slavic language and there are two people ( not Jesus ) in the mosaic.

one source,

if you look at top right corner you can see r troll's dude in slavic britches lol, and another one totin something on his head on the left corner bottom.

Three Churches Complex: St. George, St. John the Baptist, SS. Cosmas and Damianus

another link with images from the 1980's about half way down page,

stlcc.edu

last above image from here
Saints Cosmas and Damianus ruins

i'm also thinking this is the site r troll got his OP source from. i cant find a translator that will with the whole page. i'm thinking it's a blog of a history revisionist. all i can do is just a selection at a time. here is the one that really got my attention.

i think it czech at least that's what google translate tells me when i try to do the whole page and then tells me it can't translate it.

when i translate the text above the image i get this,

this above image,

Kromě nápisu "ХРIСТЕ" vidíme také zobrazení Ježíše v typické slovanské "rubašce", dávný umělec dokázal vystihnout podstatu, jak se říká: Více zde: leva-net.webnode.cz...

translation

In addition to the inscription "ХРIСТЕ" we also see a depiction of Jesus in a typical Slavic "shroud", the ancient artist was able to capture the essence, as they say Více zde: leva-net.webnode.cz...

the last image text and translation comes from here.

Největší tajemství novověku (2) (doplněno) / The greatest mystery of the modern age (2) (added) Více zde: leva-net.webnode.cz...

so it's not a slavic language but greek, from a Byzantine era church honoring twin Syrian brothers who where sainted, and makes no mention of britches or boots.
and so much for r trolls comment saying,"the “Western partners” do not want to show us this particular fragment of the mosaic from the Church of Saints Cosmas and Damian, so we had to pass the picture of terrible quality through neural network" i found a bunch, hell it's even a tourist attraction.

straight up, revisionist history.
edit on 5-12-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Hello! There are many sources, they are all googled using pictures.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: quintessentone

Hello! There are many sources, they are all googled using pictures.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Let's hear it for the Orthodoxers!!! Whoo hoo! There are two of us now!

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

Which would explain why Eastern Euopeans whose forefathers never stepped foot in the Holy land can claim to be Jewish.

you can't say that, you as in you not historians have no way to know for certain who's ancestors came from the Holy Land.

might want to look into Ashkenazi Jews, and Sephardic Jews and the DNA testing that proves jews were in europe, either on their own or brought there by the romans.

These studies revealed that Ashkenazi Jews originate from an ancient (2000–700 BCE) population of the Middle East who spread to Europe.[163] Ashkenazic Jews display the homogeneity of a genetic bottleneck, meaning they descend from a larger population whose numbers were greatly reduced but recovered through a few founding individuals. Although the Jewish people, in general, were present across a wide geographical area as described, genetic research by Gil Atzmon of the Longevity Genes Project at Albert Einstein College of Medicine suggests "that Ashkenazim branched off from other Jews around the time of the destruction of the First Temple, 2,500 years ago ... flourished during the Roman Empire but then went through a 'severe bottleneck' as they dispersed, reducing a population of several million to just 400 families who left Northern Italy around the year 1000 for Central and eventually Eastern Europe."[164]

Genetics

The name Sephardi means "Spanish" or "Hispanic", derived from Sepharad (Hebrew: סְפָרַד‎, Modern: Sfarád, Tiberian: Səp̄āráḏ), a Biblical location.[11] The location of the Biblical Sepharad points to the Iberian peninsula, then the westernmost outpost of Phoenician maritime trade.[12] Jewish presence in Iberia is believed to have started during the reign of King Solomon,[13] whose excise imposed taxes on Iberian exiles. Although the first date of arrival of Jews in Iberia is the subject of ongoing archaeological research, there is evidence of established Jewish communities as early as the 1st century CE.[14]

Genetically, Sephardic Jews are closely related to their Ashkenazi Jewish counterparts and studies have revealed that they mainly have a mixed Middle Eastern (Levantine) and Southern European ancestry.[159] Due to their origin in the Mediterranean basin and strict practice of endogamy, there is a higher incidence of certain hereditary diseases and inherited disorders in Sephardi Jews. However, there are no specifically Sephardic genetic diseases, since the diseases in this group are not necessarily common to Sephardic Jews specifically, but are instead common in the particular country of birth, and sometimes among many other Jewish groups generally.[160] The most important ones are:

Sephardic Jews

then there are other groups of Jews all over the world that have also been proven to have come from ancient Israel/Judah

Despite the evident diversity displayed by the world's distinctive Jewish populations, both culturally and physically, genetic studies have demonstrated most of these to be genetically related to one another, having ultimately originated from a common ancient Israelite population that underwent geographic branching and subsequent independent evolutions.[1]

Genetic Studies

same page as above,

Geographic Distribution

Your links do not show what you want them to show

The study argued that the great majority of Ashkenazi maternal lineages were not brought from the Near East or the Caucasus, but instead assimilated within Europe, primarily of Italian and Old French origins.[174] The study estimated that more than 80% of Ashkenazi maternal ancestry comes from women indigenous to (mainly prehistoric Western) Europe, and only 8% from the Near East, while the origin of the remainder is undetermined.[16][173] According to the study this "point to a significant role for the conversion of women in the formation of Ashkenazi communities."[16][17][175][176][177

Your links talk of those who were converted.
What you are going to find is more accurate is that they are Canaanites from the Levant region

But that isn't even proven from your links.
I will find you some more accurate info.
But your links are very inadequate.

An example are Khazars.
They all converted to Judaism.
The entire country.
It is your postulation that they were of the lost tribes?
And the lost tribes are no longer lost, you found them?
Show me your studies of those from Judah.
You have none. They do not exist.

All you can a new or will prove is they were possibly linked to the Levant znd are Canaanites.
Your links imply that.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

what part of

These studies revealed that Ashkenazi Jews originate from an ancient (2000–700 BCE) population of the Middle East who spread to Europe

or

Genetically, Sephardic Jews are closely related to their Ashkenazi Jewish counterparts and studies have revealed that they mainly have a mixed Middle Eastern (Levantine) and Southern European ancestry.[159] Due to their origin in the Mediterranean basin and strict practice of endogamy,

what your pointing out is horny males jews didn't have many choices and married women who more than likely in that time converted to judaism .

you claimed in your post i replied to that none of their family ever set foot in the Holy Land, i pointed out that chances are higher that some where down the line one did and was jewish.

let me ask you a question, let say you a child of a a black father and a white mother and you look like a white person, does that mean that none of your ancestors no matter how far back they are weren't from africa?

i say no and are pretty damn sure science agrees.

do you know the reason or should i say theory as to why jewish tradition says to be jewish your mother must be jewish.
becuase back then it was hard to know who the father was, due to wars, hebrews,israelits,jews being taken as slaves the women being raped, or maybe even just being a plain ol slut puppy.

here is a fun fact, the Hebrew Bible ( Levite, / Israelite) defined being one of the people goes by the father.

there are now two schools in judaiam on matrilineal descent, conservative and orthodox still push for it, reform movement which finally got passed in 1983 the goes by both, and Israel promotes trips paid for the government for finding out more about your jewish heritage and say to be eligible at least one parent has to be jewish.

To attend Birthright, you have to check a few specific boxes. One, you have to be Jewish, defined by Birthright as having at least one Jewish birth parent or having converted through a recognized Jewish denomination. Two, you have to be between 18 and 26 (though they’ve recently begun offering trips to those between 27 and 32 with limited availability). And three, you have to have lived outside of Israel since at least the age of 12. Birthright is deliberately aimed at young Jews who may have little familiarity or connection with Israel. What Happens on Birthright?
To attend Birthright, you have to check a few specific boxes. One, you have to be Jewish, defined by Birthright as having at least one Jewish birth parent or having converted through a recognized Jewish denomination. Two, you have to be between 18 and 26 (though they’ve recently begun offering trips to those between 27 and 32 with limited availability). And three, you have to have lived outside of Israel since at least the age of 12. Birthright is deliberately aimed at young Jews who may have little familiarity or connection with Israel. What Happens on Birthright?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

what part of

These studies revealed that Ashkenazi Jews originate from an ancient (2000–700 BCE) population of the Middle East who spread to Europe

or

Genetically, Sephardic Jews are closely related to their Ashkenazi Jewish counterparts and studies have revealed that they mainly have a mixed Middle Eastern (Levantine) and Southern European ancestry.[159] Due to their origin in the Mediterranean basin and strict practice of endogamy,

what your pointing out is horny males jews didn't have many choices and married women who more than likely in that time converted to judeaism .

you claimed in your post i replied to that none of their family ever set foot in the Holy Land, i pointed out that chances are higher that some where down the line one did and was jewish.

let me ask you a question, let say you a child of a a black father and a white mother and you look like a white person, does that mean that none of your ancestors no matter how far back they are weren't from africa?

i say no and are pretty damn sure science agrees.

do you know the reason or should i say theory as to why jewish tradition says to be jewish your mother must be jewish.
becuase back then it was hard to know who the father was, due to wars, hebrews,israelits,jews being taken as slaves the women being raped, or maybe even just being a plain or slut puppy.

here is a fun fact, the Hebrew Bible ( Levite, / Israelite) defined being one of the people goes by the father.

there are now two schools in judaiam on matrilineal descent, conservative and orthodox still push for it, reform movement which finally got passed in 1983 by the goes by both, and Israel promotes trips paid for the government for finding out more about your jewish heritage at least one parent has to be jewish.

What part of Canaanites confused you?

Oh and that is not the reason they go by matriarchal lineage to determine "jewishness".
You made that up.
I will find you some info.
Notice in Genesis only patriarchal lineages are noted for and through either Cain or Adam.
Why is that?
And the reason for the change is?
edit on 5-12-2023 by FarmerSimulation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

blah blah blah, i have shown what you orignally posted was false, nothing you post can change that.
so you might as well quit.

ok so one more time and if you don't believe it, go find me some info.

Some people say that Judaism goes by matrilineal descent because we always know who a person’s mother is, and we don’t always know who a person’s father is. However, a person’s status as a priest, Levite, or Israelite is passed down from the father, and such distinctions were of utmost importance in biblical and Rabbinic times (and still, to a certain degree, today). If priesthood can be passed down via one’s father, why not Jewish identity?
Who Is a Jew: Matrilineal Descent Why is Judaism traditionally passed down through the mother?

he Code of Jewish Law clearly states that a child of a Jewish mother is Jewish, regardless of the father’s lineage (or whatever else may show up in a DNA test), while the child of a non-Jewish mother is not Jewish.1 Matrilineal descent has been a fundamental principle of Torah since the Jewish people came into existence. (If your father is Jewish, but not your mother, please see To a Child of a Jewish Father.) Some aspects of Judaism, like the priesthood, are clearly patrilineal (see Patrilineal Descent in Judaism, below). But the entry line into Jewishness has always been through the mother—or conversion.

Why Is Jewishness Matrilineal? Maternal Descent In Judaism

Abraham's wife Sarah was a known hebrew, her slave hager was not. there were no Hebrews during cain and ables life time, they were ancestors of Abraham who became the father of the hebrews after leaving Ur of the Chaldees where his father was a priest of one of their pagen gods.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I mean, Jesus isn't a Jew, he descends from Abraham's bloodline which is Israelite.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: i664k

I mean, Jesus isn't a Jew, he descends from Abraham's bloodline which is Israelite.

who do you think jews are?
they are decedents of Judah son Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel, whose father was Isaac, whose father was Abraham. hence the saying Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

just a quick summary of what happened.

when the Israelite's came out of egypt and entered the holy land Judah's tribe eventually split from the Israelite's and formed their own Kingdom after Solomon's reign. both kingdoms were conquered by different empires and were carried off, Israel was first by the Assyrian Empire in 720 BC, never to return as a nation. then in 605 B.C. Judea was conquered by Nebuchadnezzar and carried off to Babylon and allowed to return after the Persian Empire conquered Babylon and allowed the Jews to return Judea lead by Ezra.

later when the romans finally defeated the Jews completely in 135 AD they changed the name to Palestina, and exiled the majority of Jews left.

Jesus was born in Nation of Judea.

edit on 6-12-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join