It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Winner - How Did I Miss This Story?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Her acting was mesmerizing. The guys playing the friendly FBI, were so sweet, so helpful, so non aggressive until, working their way into her lies until she was finally broken down. The entire presentation was entertaining and informative.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: AnAlternateOpinion

Warner Discovery must be really desperate if they're trying to market on ATS.

Why did you address this comment to me? I saw the film. I liked it. So what?

I remember this was discussed on ATS at the time it happened but I am unable to find the thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnAlternateOpinion

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: AnAlternateOpinion

Warner Discovery must be really desperate if they're trying to market on ATS.

Why did you address this comment to me? I saw the film. I liked it. So what?

I remember this was discussed on ATS at the time it happened but I am unable to find the thread.

It was probably a mudpit thread and they’re all gone.

I followed it too, it was a huge story… not so much what she leaked, because if I remember correctly no tampering was disclosed, only attempted entry (which countries will often try and find back doors and just sit on them).

The huge story to me was that she was charged with the espionage act and given the biggest sentence when her intent clearly wasn’t to harm the country. She had an ideological aim to share what she thought was important information, and unlike most leakers before her she only shared a hyper specific scope of information.

She was shocked she was in so much trouble as she should have been.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Piss off. I have nothing to do with Discovery. I'm just a guy in a bedroom who liked the flick. Quit trying to make me out as some sort of dis-info agent.

ETA: I didn't see this was addressed to someone else but the response is the same. I don't know why Threadbarrer is so down with this bandwagon but whatever.
edit on 1222023 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
It seems no one else remembers the name Reality Winner. How can this be when she broke a huge story and it wasn't THAT long ago.

I remember her story, and am also surprised no one else remembers.

Iirc, didn't she also transition or something? I also remember a lot of jokes about her name, and could have sworn a lot of those were on here...

Idon't remember the details of what she did though, so watching the movie now...

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Figured I'd get back to this just to ask you the question what you thought of the movie.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Figured I'd get back to this just to ask you the question what you thought of the movie.

I actually got bored and didn't finish it. I actually thought the girls acting was terrible, not sure why others thought it was so good. From the beginning, she was acting like she was on drugs or something. I would have expected someone in that situation to be demanding answers. She was like in a stupor, just acting like it was just another day in la-la land.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join