It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unexplained mysterious artifact

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

This is pretty cool. Dated between the 8th [701AD - 800AFD and 9th [801AD -900] century which is before the 1st Crusade [1096AD -1099AD]. As defined Christianity was formed around the time of Jesus Christ at 1 CE (AD). So it appears about 700 years after the time of Jesus.

It was discovered in 1875 in Ireland

Islam:

610 A.D.
When Was Islam Founded? One of the most commonly asked questions about the history of Islam is 'when did Islam begin? '. Its origins can be traced back to 610 A.D. which is when the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) first saw the Angel Jibril and shared the words of Allah (SWT).

Apparently according to various historical papers when Islam was first established they adopted many Christian symbols. In fact if you look up an Arabic Cross it is similiar in shape to the Christian cross. The item may have been a celebration of both Cristianity and [Islam] Allah. The British Museum only went so far as to speculate.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: quintessentone

Actually, if you want to get technical the shape would have been in the crucifix category not in the cross category from what I'm reading and seeing in antiquity.

I would not know where to start quintessentone technical speaking.

To me it simply looks like Celtic jewelry.

Yeah, I've flip flopped back to the Vikings visiting (looting and pillaging) the Middle East during this time, taking slaves, and returning home.
edit on q000000471130America/Chicago4141America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The US does the same thing with the "melting pot" theory... However; It's constitution has been corrupted from its original intent.

China maintains their; Republic by not allowing changes to their constitution... Guarding it the way the US guards Area 51. After Chairman Mao saw the political 'poison' that was infecting the US constitution; Also being the cause of its eventual downfall.

To those based in reality; Some unknown force(s) but can be known force(s) and the process(es) that started all of this 'we' call: 'Life' can be known...

To those not based in that; 'Reality' as being knowable or even directly experienced? Say 'we' are a product of some creator and that; That creator is infallible in both itself and in it's creation; That in after 'his' own image; 'We' are infallible as beings or life forms if 'we' abide by 'his' laws/commandments... Which even though; 'We' are the authors of that law/commandments? Claim they are of; Divine inspiration/origin or from 'him'.

To those tired of the philosophical argument; Say known or unknown as a beginning? Isn't important that it's likely you'd be dead before ever knowing or finding out for certain. That the direct; 'here and now' is where actual life takes place not in some futuristic or wishful thinking... As the past of the individual is all they really have to go on with experience and until wisdom dawns on the individual otherwise? Then that's just the way it is or always was in how we do things around here... Of course the; It doesn't have to be like that; Is just that kind of corruption Mao was talking about... As it is political theory where; What's tried and true for a society to function? Is already known.

All I was asking is: What is the actual translation of the inscription? Since the OP gave us two different ones.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Ahmad ibn Fadlan arab that lived and traveled with vikings.

Aḥmad ibn Faḍlān ibn al-ʿAbbās ibn Rāshid ibn Ḥammād, (Arabic: أحمد بن فضلان بن العباس بن راشد بن حماد; commonly known as Ahmad ibn Fadlan (or Ibn Foszlan in older European literature), was a 10th-century Muslim traveler,[a] famous for his account of his travels as a member of an embassy of the Abbasid caliph, al-Muqtadir of Baghdad, to the king of the Volga Bulgars, known as his risāla ("account" or "journal").
Ahmad ibn Fadlan

there was also a fairly good movie based on him, The 13th Warrior, staring Antonio Banderas as him

side note, it is said that Fadlan was with the vikings in Ukraine and russia

Through the eyes of Ibn Fadlan
More than a millennium ago, as fleets of Viking raiders were striking fear into the hearts of coast- and river-dwellers throughout western Europe, other Norsemen of more mercantile inclination were making their way east. With no less boldness and stamina, bearing luxurious furs and enticing nodules of amber, they penetrated the vast steppes of what is today Ukraine, Belarus and Russia and entered Central Asia. There they met Muslim traders who paid for Norse wares with silver coins, which the Vikings themselves did not mint, and which they coveted.
History of Muslims in Ukraine, Belarus and Russia

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Exciting time for men, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

although not really historical accurate if you haven't seen The 13th Warrior i do recommend it even if it wasn't a great big box office hit.
but i've always thought Antonio Banderas was a good actor. and everytime i see him i think about shrek 2 in the Cops pardoy as puss and boots saying

That's Not Mine

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I saw the trailer and he should have said 'It's not mine' with that heavy sword. lol

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This was a cool moment back in the day. My cousin adopted two Russian babys back in the late 1990's. They are now grown up and heathly adults.

Enter Sandman Moscow 1991

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JoesAPuppet2

Thanks, yes all is fasinating

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

My first thoughts were this looks more like a Celtic cross than a Christian one, when I read it was discovered in Ireland that made sense. However the Arabic inscription is very curious.

There was a sect of Irish druids that converted to Christianity and then traveled east and back again to Ireland, perhaps by having the inscription carved on their Celtic cross they avoided being seen as heretics by muslims while at the same time remaining true to their original faith as they did when converting to Christianity.

They referred to themselves as the true Christians, so no doubt had at least some issues with Roman Catholicism.

quite astute Druids....

they usd symbols to transcend speech communication---- the pin served as a introduction or cartuche of sorts

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Arab Christians in Ireland at the end of the 1st millennium? Doubtful.

Nothing strange about that. The Romans were about in Britain at the turn of BC to AD and as for travelling far I have a Roman coin found near me and that was made in Antioch. Where's Antioch? Only in the Arab states.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Islam and Christianity have always been closely intertwined both in the scriptures and in history. I guess it's not such an impossible artifact. It's just that too few of them were found or stayed intact to this day.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mickey763

Judaism, Christianity and Islam share common elements, including a belief in one God, a connection to the prophet Abraham.

Hence the fact that they are considered to be Abrahamic religions.

<< 1  2   >>

join