It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unexplained mysterious artifact

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Crosses are everywhere including on your 6 panel doors in homes across the USA. Take a look and report out/.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Crosses are everywhere including on your 6 panel doors in homes across the USA. Take a look and report out/.

I hasten to inform you, my friend, at the end of the 1st millennium AD there was no USA even in the project)))

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

i assure that he didn't claim that the U.S. existed then, his claim is, crosses are everywhere and they have been used for a very long time.
one would think being a independent freelance journalist you would educate yourself before writing about it.

and laughing at someone when you yourself can't comprehend what was said or know how long something has been used is a sure sign that, you don't have a clue.

their called the cross and bible door and have been around some say as far back as the 1700's in new england. some say it was to show Christian Faith others say that's just how they are made.

edit on 27-11-2023 by JoesAPuppet2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JoesAPuppet2
...and here I thought doors were made out of perception; Since people often share it whether asking them too or not.

edit on 27-11-2023 by crowf00t because: sp clarity

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

We have been lied to about a lot of our past.

Many of these symbols have be used and re-used. Some are older than they say and I believe some are younger.

Take the shape of the swastika, it was also extensively used as a symbol of PEACE in Asia. Isn’t that weird.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

edit on 27-11-2023 by crowf00t because: sp clarity

your edit didn't come out quite clear enough. are you saying i shouldn't have said anything? isn't the slogan here on ATS
Deny Ignorance?

i believe that is exactly what i did.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoesAPuppet2

i assure that he didn't claim that the U.S. existed then, his claim is, crosses are everywhere and they have been used for a very long time.
one would think being a independent freelance journalist you would educate yourself before writing about it.

and laughing at someone when you yourself can't comprehend what was said or know how long something has been used is a sure sign that, you don't have a clue.

their called the cross and bible door and have been around some say as far back as the 1700's in new england. some say it was to show Christian Faith others say that's just how they are made.

Yes, I'm a journalist. But I started my profession by commenting on social networks, and as a person who takes my profession seriously, I studied the art of commenting from the point of view of a troll, and even an elf, and from a scientific point of view.
I reacted according to the answer. If I suddenly offended my counterpart, I am sorry and I am ready to apologize. This is not my goal.. But you need to be careful in your words so as not to provoke an appropriate reaction. This is a wish.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Are we having serious issues combined with rage, evil and hate? I ony meant to commment on that crosses are on six panel doors and no they werent around back then. The design meant to protect the dwelling from evil in certain peoples beliefs

The push of your buttons as no harm was intended. It is beacuse you are attempting to raise Allah from the earth as a means to put Christianity in its place as in 2nd place?

The find is a historical big deal but even back then they had thrft stores aka many cities in biblical times had markets or bazaars so who knows

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

We have been lied to about a lot of our past.

Many of these symbols have be used and re-used. Some are older than they say and I believe some are younger.

Take the shape of the swastika, it was also extensively used as a symbol of PEACE in Asia. Isn’t that weird.

The world is ruled by symbols, at least on the mental level. The topic is broad and very interesting.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Once again, please excuse me. I acted on instinct. It is unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The cross on the doors also goes back into Europe and and some connect with Dracula aka evil.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

good enough, just so you know the reason i worded it the way i did is you seemed to take a shot at another member kinda in the same manner.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: quintessentone

Was just a thought.

Actually, if you want to get technical the shape would have been in the crucifix category not in the cross category from what I'm reading and seeing in antiquity. Today the terms are used interchangeably. I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Once again, please excuse me. I acted on instinct. It is unacceptable.

Forgiven but a very interesting find!

At the end of the day it may be that Allah and God are both one in the same as both relgions have many parallels and intersections of belief and faith.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Boring answer:

There was an Abbasid–Carolingian alliance during the 8th and 9th centuries, effected through a series of embassies, rapprochements and combined military operations between the Frankish Carolingian Empire and the Abbasid Caliphate.

The alliance is likely to have formed first between Pepin the Short and al-Mansur, and later to have continued under Charlemagne and Harun al-Rashid. These contacts followed the intense conflict between the Carolingians and the Emirate of Córdoba, marked by the Battle of Tours in 732, and were aimed at establishing a counter-alliance with the 'faraway' Abbasid Empire based in the Near East. Slightly later, another Carolingian-Abbasid alliance was attempted in a conflict against the Byzantine Empire.

I'm guessing this was a decorative broach from a time during this cultural alliance... that didn't last very long. They both hated people together for about a century.
edit on 27-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

islam is said to be one of the three Abrahamic religions and that some Arabs are the decedents of Ishmael his first born son to his wife slave. it is also believed muhammad is a decedent of his.

just like Abraham it make sense that some of the stories,words and symbols used would reflect those of their past ancestors.

edit on 27-11-2023 by JoesAPuppet2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You know, I was born and raised in the USSR, that is, in an atheistic environment. But my parents always raised me at the same time very democratic in their views, and with great respect for the Russian genetic code. This code is imperial. And any empire is doomed to collapse if it does not respect all nations and religions within the Empire. To the Russian Empire. Therefore, in Russia we strive to preserve interethnic and interreligious harmony.
We perceive any intrusion from the outside as aggression and react instantly. It is in the genetic code of the people. The very fact of response depends on the intellectual level, but it will always be there. The Russians are under siege now, so even I have this reaction, which is wrong and sad. So don't judge me harshly. I love all members of the ATS, everyone, even those who openly wish me and my people harm.)))

Sincerely!

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Actually, if you want to get technical the shape would have been in the crucifix category not in the cross category from what I'm reading and seeing in antiquity.

I would not know where to start quintessentone technical speaking.

To me it simply looks like Celtic jewelry.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Thanks, very interesting. I'll try to find more information.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JoesAPuppet2

It's just a door unless you put ignorance of it being anything else on it.

<< 1    3 >>

join