It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rasmussen Poll Says Most US voters back Israel, oppose Gaza ceasefire

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I did not expect this poll result. A majority of voters in the U.S. say they support Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and oppose the idea of a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. This is from a Rasmussen poll. The link I provided does not go to the actual poll but to a news source reporting on it. To view the actual Rasmussen poll at the site you have to subscribe and I'm not going to do that.

Rasmussen knows how to do polls and I"m sure they did their usual of taking from all demographics in proper proportions. etc etc

It's just one poll, and polls can be wrong, but the results are interesting. I was surprised. All the ruckus the anti-Israel crowd have been doing, and as loud as they are, and as much attention as they are getting .. gives the impression that America is anti-Israel. Seems that just isn't true.

For the record - I have no opinion of Netanyahu. I have no idea if he is a good leader for Israel or not. I agree with the poll that a ceasefire is the same as surrendering. Hamas has promised to continue hitting Israel again and again until it's destroyed so a ceasefire is not peace but instead just a chance for Hamas to reload.

So the poll is summarized here -

Most Americans Back Israel and Oppose Gaza CeaseFire

According to findings announced by Rasmussen Reports on Wednesday, 54% of likely U.S. voters have a positive opinion of Netanyahu, versus 31% who view him negatively and 15% who were unsure.

Additionally, 68% of respondents supported Netanyahu’s statement that a ceasefire is tantamount to surrendering to Hamas and terrorism, with 21% disagreeing with the prime minister and 10% being unsure.

The report drew from a survey of 995 U.S. voters conducted from Oct. 31- Nov. 2 by Rasmussen, with a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% confidence level.

The recent report also found that 59% of surveyed American voters have more sympathy for the Israelis, while 18% have more sympathy for the Palestinians, and 23% were undecided.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

As this unfolds the picture is becomming clearer to me on a global scale. This is a soft holy war and once they get beyond Israel were next on deck. All those articles about white priviledge are crap as I was never spoon fed nor given a silver platter. Nor were those around me who also had to bust therir arse while this group sat on there butts in the desert on oil money assistance. Oh dont confuse 99% of whites among the 1% but thats what they do.

They all know that oil is coming to an end so they need to expand their territory and horizons and they start with these oulier organizations to gain a foothold.

In brief they are an extension of the 3rd Reich who were in support of Hitler, his views and goals. They never stopped, they just faded away, embedded, regrouped and re-emerged. Welcome to the 4th Reich.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Needless to say, tactically, you take out the near targets, targets of opportunities and easy targets first. Then you reassess and see what’s next. IMO Hamas kicked the hornets nest on this one. The 4 hr breaks is a joke.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Cherry pick polls much? The poll I found says America is divided.

Americans have become more likely to describe Israel as an ally that shares U.S. interests and values since the war with Hamas began, but they’re divided over whether Israel has gone too far in its response to last month’s attack, according to a new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

The survey, which was conducted from Nov. 2 to 6, also reveals skepticism among Democrats toward Israel, which could present a challenge for President Joe Biden as he tries to balance support for the country’s defense and his party’s shifting priorities.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
Cherry pick polls much?

Nope.
As I said - It's just one poll, and polls can be wrong, but the results are interesting.
You don't like it very much, but that's to be expected with you.

edit on 11/10/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Like being overweight, deeply in credit card debt, taking novel gene therapy because of pharma memes, and on at least one drug for totally preventable conditions... you mean that majority of US voters?

I'm glad being a part of a majority of US voters is edifying for you.

I'll just keep on not supporting murdering children no matter what you or anybody else has to say about it or what side I'm told to be on.

I'm on the side of kids not being killed indiscriminately.

I know my position is incredibly controversial, but I don't think killing children makes up for other peoole killing children. It just makes everybody involved and supporting it child murderers and disgusting people that support child murderers, respectively.

There is no "right side" that kills kids. That you've been conditioned to accept that there is some degree of acceptable child murder is an abomination.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksihkahe
I'm glad being a part of a majority of US voters is edifying for you.

I didn't say it was. I said I had no opinion of Netanyahu even though the poll says most Americans agree with him. And I said I agreed with the no ceasefire part. There is nothing 'edifying' about it. Just some agreement and some non agreement. It's just an interesting poll. I don't hang 'edification' on it.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Cherry pick polls much?

Nope.
As I said - It's just one poll, and polls can be wrong, but the results are interesting.
You don't like it very much, but that's to be expected with you.

What I don't like is pushing a false narrative. Another poll here comes up with the exact same results as I posted whereas you hold tight to the one that is a lie.

The latest research from YouGov shows that 32% of Americans do think that Israel could have done a better job of preventing civilian deaths, with 21% of the public saying that Israel could have done a 'much better' job. 17% of the public say that Israel has done about as well as could be expected, while 21% think that they did more than was necessary to prevent civilian deaths - meaning that, overall, 38% of Americans think that Israel did at least as good a job as they could to prevent civilian deaths. There is a significant partisan divide, however, as 43% of Democrats say that Israel did not do enough while 40% of Republicans think that Israel did too much.

today.yougov.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

What I don't like is pushing a false narrative.

so you say, yet you do it all day long here.

whereas you hold tight to the one that is a lie.

The poll is not a 'lie'. You use loaded language.
Rasmussen is not for or against the war in Israel.
It took a poll and published it's results.
It's just that simple.

As I said in the opening post -
It's just one poll, and polls can be wrong, but the results are interesting.

Boy .. you can't handle anything that goes against your bias.
It's really entertaining.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

talk about cherry picking and false natives biased one.

if you cherry pick left leaning poll takers or sources of course they'll pretty much say the same thing.
just like when they stack the deck in taking the poll.

your first poll mentioned dem ones 3 times, republicans 2 times. ideally a fair and balance approach is a 50/50 sampling.
poll and statistics can be made to say what ever the bias of the people taking the polls.

edit on 10-11-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

talk about cherry picking and false natives biased one.

if you cherry pick left leaning poll takers or sources of course they'll pretty much say the same thing.
just like when they stack the deck in taking the poll.

your first poll mentioned dem ones 3 times, republicans 2 times. ideally a fair and balance approach is a 50/50 sampling.
poll and statistics can be made to say what ever the bias of the people taking the polls.

Exactly, cherry picked polls are used to push a biased narrative. Is the truth somewhere in the middle?

I can post polls and surveys all day long.

The poll shows that 66% of likely voters agree that "the U.S. should call for a cease-fire and deescalation of violence in Gaza" and "leverage its close diplomatic relationship with Israel to prevent further violence and civilian deaths."

IfNotNow, a Jewish-American group that has helped organize major demonstrations in support of a cease-fire this week, said in response to the survey that "it's past time for our political leaders to listen to their constituents and put a stop to this violence."

www.commondreams.org...
edit on q000000191130America/Chicago0101America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

So a poll run by people who worked in the same building with Hamas for 15 years, says that people support Hamas?

Sure

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If this poll is even accurate. I vaguely remember Rasmussen predicted Trump wouldn't win in 2016. But I guess if they confirm your bias it's accurate right?

If true I'd suspect most people would change their opinion with some education on the matter.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
If this poll is even accurate. I vaguely remember Rasmussen predicted Trump wouldn't win in 2016. But I guess if they confirm your bias it's accurate right?

If true I'd suspect most people would change their opinion with some education on the matter.

Again, polls are cherry picked to push a biased narrative and education on that is sorely needed here.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
. I vaguely remember Rasmussen predicted Trump wouldn't win in 2016.

They all got the political polling wrong that year.

But I guess if they confirm your bias it's accurate right?

Oh brother. You didn't read the opening post, did ya'?
Here's a reminder of what I said -

It's just one poll, and polls can be wrong, but the results are interesting.

I've never said that the majority support Israel or that the majority denounce Israel. I've never said that the majority support Netanyahou or that a majority denounce Netanyahou. I have no bias or opinion as to what the majority of people think. I have no idea what they think or don't think at this time.

As I said, this is just one poll, polls can be wrong, but the results are interesting.
It's just that simple.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Again, polls are cherry picked to push a biased narrative and education on that is sorely needed here.

You really are having a melt down over one poll that doesn't fit your biased narrative. Strange that you are on this thread slamming one poll that doesn't match your bias, yet on another thread you are heralding polls as something that should be paid attention to.

Your statement on ON THIS THREAD when your polls are questioned -

True, but polls are an indication of the whole and 2685 is a healthy number from which to poll and get the true picture.

So when a poll is produced that goes against your narrative, it's somehow biased and a 'lie'. But when a poll is produced that goes with what your bias is, it is a 'true picture' and an 'indication of the whole' and should be listened to.

You are so predictable. Hypocrisy.

Rasmussen did a poll. The numbers came out that the majority of Americans support Israels stand on the war and support Netanyahou. Learn to deal with the fact that the poll doesn't match your wishes. Discussing it isn't 'cherry picking' and its not "pushing a biased narrative". But your bizarre complaints sure are.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If you notice I am offering multiple polls which should give a clue as to sentiment with a certain subject, unlike you who give us only one poll and diss any other polls that are offered. Speaks volumes.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

exactly, what you are doing cherry picking biased sources that lean left to back your narrowtive. don't pretend your not.
you do it in every thread you come into and bump your finger on the keyboard pushing the same stuff.

you act like people can't see what your doing.

this last link common dreams isn't anything but a far left rag. that's just pitiful
[
edit on 10-11-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

If you notice I am offering multiple polls

So what? Your hypocrisy about listening only to your polls and not to any that you disagree with is there for all to see.

unlike you who give us only one poll

So what? It's one poll. It came up on the news site I read. I posted it for discussion.

and diss any other polls that are offered.

I haven't said one word about any other poll.
You should learn to tell the truth.

Speaks volumes.

Yes, your continued melt down over one popular polling outfit in the USA that doesn't match your bias DOES speak volumes.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I am beginning to think this isnt a thingy just about Palestine. I think its an incursion by the Arab states for the next Holy War as they know that oil is ending with EV. They want all of USA, Great Britain and Europe. It only begins with Israel.

<<   2  3 >>

join