It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rasmussen Poll Says Most US voters back Israel, oppose Gaza ceasefire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by quintessentone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
Islam openly desires to dominate the world.

I hope the elected officials will realize that the protesters are a minority and not base policy on.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
And you don't call out the right leaning rag of a poll the OP gives us,

Rasmussen isn't a 'right leaning rag'. It has been accused of being center-right. But the bottom line is that it's polling is in line with other polling outfits and is considered mainstream polling. They get things wrong and they get things right. They don't seem to have an agenda to change public opinion on this.

Relax. It's just a poll.

From the Rasmussen site - Rasmussen Reports polling methods delivers unbiased accurate surveys

edit on 11/10/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

And what about your hypocrisy...? crickets.

What hypocrisy? There is none. I saw a poll from a popular US polling site on the news and I posted it for discussion. Nothing hypocritical about it.

edit on 11/10/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

no i don't i try to pick sources that are center or just left or right. not just left leaner all the time as you do.
if you only pick sources that only lean one way, that use loaded words, phrases, or appeal to emotions your view will become one sided and bias.

i'm surprised a well seasoned researcher such as your bias self doesn't know that. but wait, i think maybe you do but lie about it anyway.

edit on 10-11-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

And what about your hypocrisy...? crickets.

What hypocrisy? There is none. I saw a poll from a popular US polling site on the news and I posted it for discussion. Nothing hypocritical about it.

Continue with your right leaning sources and polls as you must feed the hate monster and get your accolades.

The melt down continues. Get a grip.

lol ... there are none so blind as those who will not see. Continue your hate mongering, that's all you know.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: FlyersFan

As this unfolds the picture is becomming clearer to me on a global scale. This is a soft holy war and once they get beyond Israel were next on deck. All those articles about white priviledge are crap as I was never spoon fed nor given a silver platter. Nor were those around me who also had to bust therir arse while this group sat on there butts in the desert on oil money assistance. Oh dont confuse 99% of whites among the 1% but thats what they do.

They all know that oil is coming to an end so they need to expand their territory and horizons and they start with these oulier organizations to gain a foothold.

In brief they are an extension of the 3rd Reich who were in support of Hitler, his views and goals. They never stopped, they just faded away, embedded, regrouped and re-emerged. Welcome to the 4th Reich.

Yeah, folks need to wake up to what Schuab and Soros actually represent. What they're agenda actually is and what they intend to do to the vast majority of us.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: QuixoticNinja

Soylent Green?

Soylent Green is a 1973 American ecological dystopian thriller film directed by Richard Fleischer, and starring Charlton Heston, Leigh Taylor-Young, and Edward G. Robinson in his final film role. It is loosely based on the 1966 science-fiction novel Make Room! Make Room! by Harry Harrison, with a plot that combines elements of science fiction and a police procedural. The story follows a murder investigation in a dystopian future of dying oceans and year-round humidity caused by the greenhouse effect, with the resulting pollution, depleted resources, poverty, and overpopulation.[2][3] In 1973, it won the Nebula Award for Best Dramatic Presentation and the Saturn Award for Best Science Fiction Film.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

They already have an issue with the Transgenders so who knows. Possibly the CIA paid big Joe a visit and explained the facts of his life to him like back in the day.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Rasmussn polling methodology:

All Rasmussen Reports' survey questions are digitally recorded and fed to a calling program that determines question order, branching options, and other factors. Calls are placed to randomly-selected phone numbers through a process that ensures appropriate geographic representation. Typically, calls are placed from 5 pm to 9 pm local time during the week. Saturday calls are made from 11 am to 6 pm local time and Sunday calls from 1 pm to 9 pm local time.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

How their methodology really works from one reviewer:

Here’s part of a review of Rasmussen. This is pollster Nate Silver’s take:

“There is much to criticize about Rasmussen's methods. All polls are conducted within a 4-hour window, the person who answers the phone (even a child) is sampled, phones that are not answered are not called back, and much more. All of Rasmussen's polls are done by computer; live interviewers are never used. However, other firms that do robopolling such as SurveyUSA and PPP get much more accurate results with no bias, so the problem is not the robopolling per se.

Just to look at one methodological issue, if no one answers the phone, Rasmussen picks a different random phone number instead of calling back two, three, four or more times as other pollsters do. Why does this matter? Because 20-somethings (who skew Democratic) are often out, whereas 60-somethings (who skew Republican) are often in. By not being persistent in finally getting through to a randomly chosen phone number, the sample is inherently biased towards Republicans because they are easier to reach. This may not have been intentional but it is understandable if you want to finish your survey in 4 hours. Nevertheless, cutting corners in the name of speed and cost don't improve accuracy.

Unlike companies like Strategic Vision, which most likely made up the data (but not very well) and also Research 2000, which probably did as well, no one is suggesting that Rasmussen is making up numbers without actually doing polling. There are many reports of people called by Rasmussen. The problem with Rasmussen is most likely its model of the electorate. Very briefly, if a pollster believes that in a certain state, say, 40% of the voters are Republicans and the actual survey just happens to turn up 35% Republicans, each Republican interviewed will be given a weight of 40/35 to correct for the undersampling of Republicans. All pollsters do this to correct for under- or oversampling by party, gender, age, race, income, and other factors. This is not only legitimate, but necessary with the small samples all the pollsters use. The issue here is whether Rasmussen's model of the electorate has more Republicans in it than in reality there are (not to mention whether this is accidental or deliberate).”

www.quora.com...

Why am I posting this? I am sick of misinformation, disinformation and the one-sided narrative here.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I am sick of misinformation, disinformation and the one-sided narrative here.

Then maybe you should stop doing all those things.

Nate Silver doesn't like the way Rasmussen does their polling.
So? Others have no problem with it.
Pollsters are going to complain about some and agree with others.

Rasmussen came up with a majority of Americans support Israel.
That isn't "'hate mongering' as you falsely accused.
It's just a poll. Relax.
Learn to accept sometimes polls don't match your narrative.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

People are totally perplexed and disgusted by how premier intelligence agencies, possessing the best technology on the planet, allowed Israel to be infiltrated so easily.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

so you go to quora and post answers to question by some random users that no one can even try to verify who the hell they are and their qualifications to post the bullsh@@ they answer with.

talk about being bias.

edit on 10-11-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I am sick of misinformation, disinformation and the one-sided narrative here.

Then maybe you should stop doing all those things.

Nate Silver doesn't like the way Rasmussen does their polling.
So? Others have no problem with it.
Pollsters are going to complain about some and agree with others.

Rasmussen came up with a majority of Americans support Israel.
That isn't "'hate mongering' as you falsely accused.
It's just a poll. Relax.
Learn to accept sometimes polls don't match your narrative.

The way the polling is done is flawed. Not sure how you missed the entire context.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I believe the polls, Israel needs to clean gaza from hamas palestinian terrorist and start from the bottom up.

That is what needs to be done, then go after the snake heads living in splendor thanks to tax dollars and donations from terrorist sponsored countries, get rid of all of them.

Is only a very small minority of idiots supporting terrorist attacks against Israel in the US, we already have seen where they are.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Why am I posting this? I am sick of misinformation, disinformation and the one-sided narrative here.

Yep like the disinformation you been posting over and over and over.

Talking about who is cherry picking.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The way the polling is done is flawed. .

And I posted information from Rasmussen showing how it's not.
Nate Silver is entitled to his opinion.
Like I said, others say Rasmussen, a major polling outfit in the USA, is just fine.
And the poll isn't 'hate mongering' like you falsely accused.
It's just a poll. Learn to accept that they all won't confirm your bias.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

That was the first opinion I had after the attacks, but let's be realistic, Gaza supporting hamas does not help either, this terrorist has been digging tunnels in gaza into Israel for years.

And that is how they were able to get into Israel when it was too late.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I believe the polls,... Is only a very small minority of idiots supporting terrorist attacks against Israel in the US,

Like I said in the opening post - I WAS SURPRISED by this poll. And I said It's just one poll, and polls can be wrong, but the results are interesting.

The anti-Israel protestors are loud and getting a lot of TV air time, etc etc.
But perhaps them sucking all the oxygen doesn't mean they are a majority.
More polls would have to be done.
But considering how fluid the situation is in the Middle East,
by the time polls are taken and analyzed here, the situation will have changed.
So not sure how accurate any poll on any given day actually is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join