It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half a million people march in London for Palestine

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Potato potahto

Thank you for such a considered reply.

These new guidelines are intended to address those emotions that you encapsulate as "desecration".

Even considering beating someone to death over a bit of grafitti that you disagree with is a whole other level emotionally and belies underlying issues far removed from the current situation. It's spray paint FFS.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis
Right Reverend Riah Abu El-Assal, Bishop of Jerusalem

Such language. Speaks like a good submissive little Dhimmi.
edit on 11/10/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
If the two minute silece or cenotaphs are vandalised I think there's a decet chance the purpotrators would be beaten to death by crowds before police could get to them as it's so disrespectful.

Wow, wouldn't that be an appalling reflection of our society. Beaten to death for a crime that can be removed with a power washer.

I'm not saying I'd fully support it but there is a signigficant chance it could happen - most people in the UK lost relatives in the War and those that survived were scared bythe horrors of it.

Observing the silence and not damaging war memorials (especially on Armistice weekend) are core British values and breaking those rules are the most disrespectful actions possible in the UK. It's the only action I can realistically see someone being beaten to death for in the UK as they''re so highly valued and respected.

Cenotaphs have great significance, especially this weekend - there's a huge difference in damaging and grafiting them vs grafitting a random wall, palace or parliament. A powerwasher couldn't undo the gross disrespect and contempt for British values and loss of life if it was broken.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Potato potahto

These new guidelines are intended to address those emotions that you encapsulate as "desecration".

Even considering beating someone to death over a bit of grafitti that you disagree with is a whole other level emotionally and belies underlying issues far removed from the current situation. It's spray paint FFS.

I get that you completely fail to understand the signicicance of these war memorials to those of us who have served or are relatives of those.

many of those named on these memorials had no choice, they were often conscripted, taken away from their families and thrown into a meat grinder. The idea that people who have no understanding of such a sacrifice desecrating these memorials makes me angry, just sitting here in my house...What it will do to some vet hopped up on emotion and adrenaline at a demo is something else.

The police need to stop these filth getting anywhere near the memorials so that good people dont get goaded into crime.
edit on thpFri, 10 Nov 2023 04:49:48 -060020232023-11-10T04:49:48-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Leviathan4

Apparently many protestors will demonstrate in London this weekend. Is that great?

I assure you, there are a damn sight more all over the country ready and waiting.

I ve heard the system wanted to cancel the demonstration but they didn't have the guts to do so.

Its not a question of 'guts' but rather legality.
There is no legal reason to ban the demonstration, freedom of speech and all that.
And this may or may not surprise you but I agree with that....I just think the protesters themselves should have enough common decency and respect for this country, its values and those who have served to do the right thing, show some dignity and respect and not protest this weekend.

I assure you, if they choose to disrespect or dishonour any Memorial Service there will be swift retribution.

There is an anger bubbling away under the surface at present.....people have simply had enough.

I know you will neither agree or understand, but who cares? Your opinion is irrelevant both on here at ATS and in the 'real world'.

'Freedom of speech and all that...'
I admire how you talk about freedom of speech and other fundamental rights.

The only one to blame for this false alarm are your media that have been pushing the narrative there would be chaos on the streets of London or wherever else a demonstration will take place.

The only thing they haven't said yet is that denovtrators must wear their masks...because war kills a lot of people but Covid even more...

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Potato potahto

I get that you completely fail to understand the signicicance of these war memorials to those of us who have served or are relatives of those.

many of those named on these memorials had no choice, they were often conscripted, taken away from their families and thrown into a meat grinder. The idea that people who have no understanding of such a sacrifice desecrating these memorials makes me angry, just sitting here in my house...What it will do to some vet hopped up on emotion and adrenaline at a demo is something else.

The police need to stop these filth getting anywhere near the memorials so that good people dont get goaded into crime.

Yeah...everyone here fails to understand concepts apart from the those who give unequivocal support to Israel and want any protest in relation to Palestine to be banned as it doesn't suit their narrative.

Disingenuous statement.

It's obvious that you guys are bothered because there are so many people who are against the war and against the killing of thousands of innocent civilians.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

If the two minute silece or cenotaphs are vandalised I think there's a decet chance the purpotrators would be beaten to death by crowds before police could get to them as it's so disrespectful.

Wow!

What a civilized society you have done there in England....

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

The whole idea of public disorder and chaos has been manufactured by the controlled British Media just like we have here in the US.

The main reason behind this alleged chaos is that it really hurts the establishment to see so many people to protest against the war in support of ceasefire/peace or in support of a free Palestine.

Just like here in these threads you will see some accounts (a few) that realise they can't defend their positions or the fact they are on the wrong side of history.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   

No, I don't think you get it at all. Anyone who has served in the UK armed forces since the end of National Service has done so in exchange for pay to do a job as directed by the UK government. I don't see how that entitles them to anymore respect than the person behind the counter at McDonalds. It's a job.

many of those named on these memorials had no choice, they were often conscripted, taken away from their families and thrown into a meat grinder.

Indeed. No choice. Other than death. Which happened. Do you remember those too, their sacrifice? Do you think the dead kids that our leaders fed into that meat grinder feel that their sacrifice was worth it? Did the war to end all wars end all wars? Do you think when they look around at the kids today that they ever wanted them to be fed into a meat grinder too without choice? Do you think that they'd want you to beat to death one of them for the crime of voicing their opinion inappropriately?

The idea that people who have no understanding of such a sacrifice desecrating these memorials makes me angry, just sitting here in my house...What it will do to some vet hopped up on emotion and adrenaline at a demo is something else.

That's exactly why I am, personally, far more concerned with the standards of mental health services in the UK than I am about a bit of spray paint on a carved piece of stone. I think people are far more important. I don't want someone to spend the rest of their life in prison because they saw red over some anti-social behaviour.

Veteran care, in particular, is still woefully lacking despite our greater understanding of the risks that lack of treatment can pose to the veterans themselves and their families.

Sorry to break it to you, if they can be goaded into violence, they're being manipulated and or they're not good people. Possiblly already have police records for violent offences. They're emotionally unstable at the least, because "good", mentally robust people do not beat other people to death. Mob mentality of that nature comes from a shared experiences of trauma and brutality, a victim mentality re-directed at someone who they perceive as weaker or lesser and arises from one's own sense of powerlessness and or inadequacy.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Wow, wouldn't that be an appalling reflection of our society. Beaten to death for a crime that can be removed with a power washer.

I would take the opposite view, the crime would be the desecration of the war memorial

The other poster on this thread said the crime was done by a 15 year old probably looking for trouble.

Armistice Day, what does armistice mean? an agreement made by opposing sides in a war to stop fighting for a certain time; a truce.

What do the protesters want? A ceasefire and for Israel to get out of Palestine.

What do most of the British want? 76 percent of UK citizens want ceasefire in Gaza: Poll

new.thecradle.co...

edit on q000000131130America/Chicago1717America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: source reposted, didn't have my coffee yet

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4

Wow!

Every Brit of generational decent has got ancestors who fought the foreigners when our island was in peril. All of us proud and respectful Brits have this respect for our ancestors who laid down part of their lives and in millions of cases all of their life to give us the freedoms we know today. They fought and died for us. If you think a bunch of questionable cricket team fans can start taking the piss with no respect whatsoever to our way of life, I promise that you really don't understand what it means to be British.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   

A powerwasher couldn't undo the gross disrespect and contempt for British values and loss of life if it was broken.

The values of some British people. Some people value the living more than they do the dead, that's all, is that so hard to understand? That worshipping some imaginary perception of war, honour and empire is kind of obscene in and of itself, under the circumstances.

Boiled down, this is an expression of someone's opinion and a criminal act which the police and courts are responsible for. Anticipation of swift and violent retribution is a gross over reaction that totally misrepresents the diversity of opinions other than those you and Freeborn represent that make up "British values".

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: orbhunter

Wow!

Every Brit of generational decent has got ancestors who fought the foreigners when our island was in peril. All of us proud and respectful Brits have this respect for our ancestors who laid down part of their lives and in millions of cases all of their life to give us the freedoms we know today. They fought and died for us. If you think a bunch of questionable cricket team fans can start taking the piss with no respect whatsoever to our way of life, I promise that you really don't understand what it means to be British.

Obviously you don't know what the British feel ... out of touch much?

76 percent of UK citizens want ceasefire in Gaza: Poll

new.thecradle.co...

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

many of those named on these memorials had no choice, they were often conscripted, taken away from their families and thrown into a meat grinder.

Indeed. No choice. Other than death. Which happened. Do you remember those too, their sacrifice? Do you think the dead kids that our leaders fed into that meat grinder feel that their sacrifice was worth it? Did the war to end all wars end all wars? Do you think when they look around at the kids today that they ever wanted them to be fed into a meat grinder too without choice? Do you think that they'd want you to beat to death one of them for the crime of voicing their opinion inappropriately?

You are misunderstanding the whole thing, it is not about absolving any of our leaders of guilt for sending our compatriots to die in illegal wars or some such its all about we the people, remembering friends and family that are gone, of honouring them.

ETA the quoting thing is just beyond me today, only the final paragraph is mine.
edit on thpFri, 10 Nov 2023 07:25:42 -060020232023-11-10T07:25:42-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: Addendum

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

You are misunderstanding the whole thing, it is not about absolving any of our leaders of guilt for sending our compatriots to die in illegal wars or some such its all about we the people, remembering friends and family that are gone, of honouring them.

ETA the quoting thing is just beyond me today, only the final paragraph is mine.

I get it, you just want the protesters to be quiet when around the Armistice events as a sign of respect.

These posters are in trauma because their family and friends were blown to bits by no fault of their own. They had no power against Hamas nor Israel military war machines.

Can there be no understanding of their sacrifices and sufferings as they fight/advocate for a ceasefire and an end to war?
edit on q000000281130America/Chicago1616America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Wow!

new.thecradle.co...

76 percent of 2685 people, the population of the UK is considerably larger than that.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I get it, you just want the protesters to be quiet when around the Armistice events as a sign of respect.

These posters are in trauma because their family and friends were blown to bits by no fault of their own. They had no power against Hamas nor Israel military war machines.

Can there be no understanding of their sacrifices and sufferings as they fight/advocate for a ceasefire and an end to war?

They werent though, most of them have never seen anything more troubling in their lives than KFC running out of chicken the other year.

edit on thpFri, 10 Nov 2023 07:30:41 -060020232023-11-10T07:30:41-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: typing

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Wow!

new.thecradle.co...

Not from where I live I guarantee you. These polls are taken in places like London, Towel Head Central and mean nothing in reality.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Wow!

new.thecradle.co...

76 percent of 2685 people, the population of the UK is considerably larger than that.

True, but polls are an indication of the whole and 2685 is a healthy number from which to poll and get the true picture.

It also appears the pleas for a ceasefire are increasing worldwide but both sides do not want a ceasefire. They have their own revenge and hate to keep the war going forever.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Wow!

new.thecradle.co...

True, but polls are an indication of the whole and 2685 is a healthy number from which to poll and get the true picture.

It also appears the pleas for a ceasefire are increasing worldwide but both sides do not want a ceasefire. They have their own revenge and hate to keep the war going forever.

Not when it is taken from a particular area. This was probably doone in London, they would have got a completely different answer if it was done in rural England or anywhere outside of the really big cities I imagine

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join