It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Think Pastor-Mayor F.L. Copeland is Now Burning in Hell?.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Monday, November 6, 2023

There are religions and individuals who believe men/women/trans who led this life, and died in this manner are now being basted over an open fire that will torment them until time itself comes to an end...

F.L. “Bubba” Copeland led a busy public life as mayor of Smiths Station, pastor of Phenix City First Baptist Church, and a married father of three.

But out of the spotlight, Copeland operated social media accounts as a self-described “curvy transgender woman” under the pseudonym Brittini Blaire Summerlin.

Alabama-based news outlet 1819 News began pulling the curtain back on Copeland’s secret life with a series of stories last week. The outlet revealed that Copeland not only shared graphic sexual material which included himself in drag but authored erotic slasher fiction in which the narrator murders and steals the life of a local woman, whose name and real local business Copeland names.

Copeland ended his life Friday afternoon in front of local law enforcement who had been summoned to perform a welfare check.
Source: www.breitbart.com...

Personally, I believe the Spirit of Bubba is back home, preparing to go to the next life of his choosing, after having experienced being a 20th/21st Century Human Being on Planet Earth. The Universe is immense, and opportunities for our spirit/soul to manifest as intelligent life forms, are almost unlimited (imo).

Based on YOUR belief system ATS members, where do you think the Spirit who was known as F.L. "Bubba" Copeland is at this point in time, in what condition, and will there be a future for this individual?

-WeMustCare? -CareWeMust!

edit on 6112023 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Can't say I know or care about where this guy might be, he seems like a good person, but I can say the folks at 1819 news who published this story with the intent humiliating him of after Copeland asked them not to can go straight to hell.

1819 News is a website that was once owned by the Alabama Policy Institute, a conservative group that is staunchly anti-LGBTQ and has filed multiple lawsuits against same-sex marriage.

Does it really matter to anyone besides triggered conservatives what this guy was doing with the full consent of his wife?

Here's what the LGBTx press had to say about it.

Ala. mayor, pastor dies by suicide after far-right website published pictures of trans persona

GOP mayor dies by suicide after conservative blog outs his secret trans identity

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAlternateOpinion

Why hide hid trans persona? It seems really hypocritical for a pastor to lead a secret life such as this, and IMHO this kind of stuff is why religion is on the fast track to becoming a thing of the past.

Why hide your true self if you're not ashamed of who you are and what you're doing?

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Maybe because his religion and a lot of the public feel that he should feel shame by telling him it's wrong and he will burn in hell.

He shouldn't have to be afraid or ashamed to come out how he truly feels. But here we are. The fallout from being outed like that was more than he could take.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Maybe because his religion and a lot of the public feel that he should feel shame by telling him it's wrong and he will burn in hell.

He shouldn't have to be afraid or ashamed to come out how he truly feels. But here we are. The fallout from being outed like that was more than he could take.

So, the poor guy never learned to accept himself and instead chose to live a lie. Yeah, that can certainly cause mental health issues that can become overwhelming when you build your life and lively hood on deception.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Based on YOUR belief system ATS members, where do you think the Spirit who was known as F.L. "Bubba" Copeland is at this point in time, in what condition, and will there be a future for this individual?

NVM
I mis read the question.

edit on 6-11-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Couldn’t it be the case that creating a trans persona was part of this person’s self-acceptance?

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Afterlife through impact of the persona.

Unfortunately he will be reborn as that southern pastor-mayor that killed himself when his transgender identity was outed.

As I hijacked impermanence and no self from Buddhism, everything but his impact on the world died by suicide. But that will live on and have effect on the world.

Kinda sad, actually. Sorta mean to speculate on his eternal essence, when his meat one was so oppressed by himself.

In another world, with a different nomos, he may have never felt the social pressure to uphold a facade such as the wife/family, and had no conservative rep to fall apart in a dishonor never worth feeling bad over.

But he was a conservative, so that's a career killer. If he was on the left, or supported LGBT from the right, he could play it off politically after being outed.
edit on 6-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnAlternateOpinion
Can't say I know or care about where this guy might be, he seems like a good person, but I can say the folks at 1819 news who published this story with the intent humiliating him of after Copeland asked them not to can go straight to hell.

1819 News is a website that was once owned by the Alabama Policy Institute, a conservative group that is staunchly anti-LGBTQ and has filed multiple lawsuits against same-sex marriage.

Does it really matter to anyone besides triggered conservatives what this guy was doing with the full consent of his wife?

Here's what the LGBTx press had to say about it.

Ala. mayor, pastor dies by suicide after far-right website published pictures of trans persona

GOP mayor dies by suicide after conservative blog outs his secret trans identity

Ah Yeah , Don't Shoot the Messenger . The Guy did it All to Himself .

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
He had some demons. I can only hope that we do not find he let those demons kids or other people in some way. This was a guy struggling who did everything he could to deny how he felt and who he thought he was.

You cannot blame a new site. If he did it over a news article imagine if it was find out some other way. I believe the same thing would have happened.

According to my religion he is in hell.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Why hide your true self if you're not ashamed of who you are and what you're doing?

Obviously he was ashamed and very embarrassed at his private little cross-dressing hobby going public and it was too much for him to bear.

Being in the South, a conservative Republican and a Baptist pastor, attitudes toward this sort of thing are particularly backward and intolerant and there’s little doubt he dealt with a lot of shame and guilt even before this story broke.

Being closeted is not a crime and his decision to remain so was his to make knowing should things come to light, it would destroy his reputation and career because people don’t understand this sort of thing. There are multiple millions of folks and perhaps even more uptight conservatives hiding their sexuality or kinks behind closed doors so this really isn’t so unusual.

He initially stood up for himself:

“What I do in private life has nothing to do with what I do in my holy life,” Copeland reportedly told 1819 News. “Does this have any effect on me being mayor, that I sometimes put on a dress or sometimes put on makeup? Does that have anything to do whatsoever with me being mayor or being a pastor?” Source

What does that have to do with his abilities to performi his duties?

In other environments or cultures, this might have been a nothingburger? Maybe some day in the future, people won’t be so uptight about sexuality or gender differences and just not care what people do but I won’t hold my breath for that to happen anytime soon.

So, the poor guy never learned to accept himself and instead chose to live a lie. Yeah, that can certainly cause mental health issues that can become overwhelming when you build your life and lively hood on deception.

Remember you said that when you see out and proud gay people holding a PRIDE parade. This is their way of saying screw that to guilt and shame foisted on them by society.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Being closeted is not a crime and his decision to remain so was his to make knowing should things come to light, it would destroy his reputation and career because people don’t understand this sort of thing.

Living a double life and hiding ones true nature is dishonest. People in positions of power over other should be held to a higher standard, IMO. If they're not, you get corrupt politicians and police officers and pastors/priests, teachers, scout leaders and a plethora of others that bring corruption to their professions.

I respect honest people, no matter their story; it's the liars and deceivers I have no respect or use for.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: QRST4D

Couldn’t it be the case that creating a trans persona was part of this person’s self-acceptance?

Why hide it from his congregation? Why the meltdown when the truth was brought to light? His reaction suggests his deception was not only intentional but made him a dishonest person, willing to lie to the people who looked to him for spiritual guidance.
What else might this person be hiding? Who wants a dishonest pastor? Doesn't living a lie in front of his congregation equate to doing the devil's work?

I can excuse his humanity, but not the position he continued to hold-until he got outed.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes, but because his last act on earth was a murder he couldn't repent of. His own.

He could've just repented ( never go back to his crossdressing and lying) and would've been restored to the church, and if he was truly repentant would've been forgiven. Its all very sad

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Commentary regarding today's society noted.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Many Religions are indeed being diluted and broadened to the point of losing their integrity. Hopefully, these Earthly beliefs mean nothing after your last breath in this body.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

If you want to be a ___________in America, there are certain behavioral norms that go along with the position.

This lady was put to death last week by the ?Qatar? courts, because she didn't behave properly for a married woman in that society.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen

NVM
I mis read the question.

That's OK...you're with the majority. Most readers (thus far) don't want to touch the Afterlife question I asked.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

So you think Bubba Copeland will reincarnate and live the same life...a second chance?

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I had never heard of this person before this story.

Now he will forever (minimally) impact my life as that poor guy whose inability to be himself, or herself, caused him to commit suicide when his tower fell.

He is reborn as this news story, and if his news story has an impact on greater society, he is reborn in this regard as well.
edit on 6-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join