It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

203 Exorcists and 100 Auxiliary Exorcists From All Continents Met in Rome

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Fascinating. I'd love to be a fly on the wall there for that.. high up out of reach and blending in with something of course but still..

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: flayer

Just watch out for the spider.

edit on 13-10-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have to wonder if those that mock demon exorcism, know themselves.

Are you aware of your spiritual nature, or do you deny it?

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The wisdom of South Park.

It is true that the woman spider eats her groom.

Coupled with the sex addiction theme, that’s probably the best subtle commentary about demonic possession you could make.
edit on 13-10-2023 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

Religious miscreants have been the cause of much of mankind's misery since forever. With said misery being inflicted by the religious fools that support them.

There is no 'spiritual nature', there is just nature.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

You may find this interesting.

Mating of spiders is not always followed by cannibalism. Indeed, scholars have noted that the "supposed aggressiveness of the female spider towards the male is largely a myth" and that cannibalism only occurs in exceptional cases.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Mating%20of%20spiders%20is%20not,only%20occurs%20in%20exceptional%20cases.

edit on 14-10-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

That's fine if you analyze it like you did, but idol worship breaks the ten commandments. They worship Murti idols that can be anything they want. I like your evaluation of the Bhagivad Gita and I agree that with discernment the text isn't bad or anything. But it can be bad if the person reading it has never heard of God or Jesus. Although I'm kind of involving the Vedas and the other religious texts of Hinduism and generalizing the Bhagivad Gita, so yes perhaps that book itself isn't the issue, but the ultimate goal of Hinduism is to become NOTHING once one joins with Nirvana.

Dude that's so depressing. We aren't nothing. Everyone and everything is a special and unique creation. Nothingness sounds like deleting a character you don't want anymore in World of Warcraft. No wonder the caste system exists if people believe that Nirvana is losing one's individuality and ceasing to exist as oneself. Honestly, it sounds awfully close to eugenics (apologies to any Hindu people, I don't mean any offense, but I studied Hinduism in school and I want to point out that the core beliefs of Hinduism promote human right abuses and segregation and the caste system that allows those in power to abuse those it deems subhuman).

So my point is to bring to light the way that it's really convenient that Hinduism gives those in power the ability to justify treating some people worse than animals (ie. The Untouchables, which they "say" they don't have anymore, but India is a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY with a terrible political culture and ZERO POLITICAL LEGITIMACY. Literally none. They don't have credibility on the global stage and they're corrupt. I also studied global comparative politics formally, and it's simply a fact that their upper class likely invented Hinduism for the sole purpose of justifying not treating poor people as equals. It's part of why their political culture is tumultuous, why gang raping women and young girls is commonplace and socially acceptable, and why most of their water supply is filthy and not fit for washing socks in but it's being consumed by the citizens. A family friend and herpetologist just went to India earlier this year and he regrets it. It was nightmarish and they don't even have toilet paper.

That said, your perspective of the Hinduism is the perspective of a person living in a nice country with political legitimacy. I know on ATS we talk about conspiracies and how the government does effed up things, but if you go visit a third world country and live there for a few weeks, you'll see that we live in heaven comparatively. It's frightening.

There are Christians in India: I actually have a friend there who was born and raised in India and he's Christian. But they're the minority. Political instability is par for course there, especially after occupation by the Brits, but their political history is an absolute mess. It's not as bad as Sudan or anything, but it's not somewhere anyone would willingly choose to live if they could live in a first world country instead. Especially nowadays with the global economic crisis.

I bring all of this up because I personally care a lot about places in the world that are messed up and bad places to live, because I'm Mexican and Mexico is so dangerous now and everyone is leaving the country if they're rich enough to do so and it's only going to get worse. I used to visit every year and while my cousin is visiting his friends there for a few weeks right now, I'm so glad he and his mom moved back to the US. It's not safe and the cartels are murdering more people than ever. I adore my family and I love Mexico because it's my second home, but Mexico is going to hell in a hand basket and there's no way to stop the train wreck.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent people, including children, go missing and die every year because of the cartels. Nobody is safe or immune and I don't see any solution when China keeps sending fentanyl and stuff to Mexico).

As for India, we don't know the extent AT ALL of the human rights atrocities. Mexico lies, too, and the actual number of murdered people per year is way higher than what is reported. All information coming from the Indian government is a crock of nonsense.

So yeah, in a perfect world in the safety of a nice first world country where even homeless people have luxuries and free phones and food and healthcare and rights, it's easy to see the good parts of the Bhagivad Gita and how it sounds positive. In truth, it's a tool by TPTB to justify atrocities and genocide and eugenics. The dark undertones are hidden underneath the fluff, but the concept of Karmic justice is literally propaganda promoting the malicious abuse of anyone for any reason at all, and is part of why political instability in India is inevitable. It's doomed from the outset, since anyone can decide that it's okay to demonize anyone who is deemed to be undesirable or problematic. Super useful for the ruling class and government until power changes hands. It has happened time and time again in their history.

Srila Prabhupada aid that these 4 types of people are always found in human society. There are some people who are always truthful , morally upright and live a minimalist life. Such people are the brahmanas (priestly class).The next class of people are always courageous, show valor and are ready to risk their life for protecting good qualities. Such people are ksahtriyas (warriors).Then there are others who are always money minded and interested in profit. Such people are Vaishyas(business men). Then there is a class of people who have to be dependent on other classes for their upkeep and maintenance. Such people are the shudras (workers).

Isn't that convenient? It's justifying racism, discrimination, slavery, indentured servitude, sexism, and ultimately promotes hatred and actually celebrates segregation and human rights abuses. Women are second class citizens. It is said that in Kali Yuga everyone is like a shudra. However if one takes up the Krishna consciousness process he can be uplifted to the position of Brahmana. He can go beyond the four varnas and become a Vaishnava who is beyond the three modes or qualities of material nature.

That's super cute but it's not like any Untouchables/Shudra can change their situation or attain any measure of improving their living arrangements or change how other people treat them. To see Hinduism as anything besides a way to control the masses via propaganda is blissful ignorance only afforded to people who are affluent enough to not be suffering at the hands of the class system in India and having to drink dirty polluted water that has human and animal feces in it because there is no bottled or filtered water for the poor people. There's filthy rivers.

If Hinduism wasn't just a convenient tool for the affluent to justify the persecution of the poor, then yeah I agree there are some good ideas there. But alas, since its creation it has been used as a political propaganda tool to subjugate the masses. Of course British occupation didn't help India's political culture, but even before then India was a place where the ruling class fought with each other constantly while vying for power. It's not a country with a happy history, and if you're going to talk about how great the Gita is, I want you to really think about the history of India and how its political culture literally uses Hinduism for politics.
edit on Oct❥2023 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Before I address the second part of your reply I wanted to say I enjoy talking about this and hope you find part one of my reply interesting and I want to hear if learning that information alters your positive perception of the Gita. I agree that if the Gita was simply a good thing and its existence and the practice of Hinduism were just for positive reasons and not used for nefarious reasons since they were created, then I would agree that Hinduism had merits.

The fact is, the only people who think Hinduism is good are those wealthy enough to pretend that their system of belief that determines their social and political structure is anything other than a way to maintain power over a country. It's not the first time a belief system has been created to give false legitimacy to a form of governance.

People who practice Hinduism might do so without doing it to hurt others and that's great. But blinding oneself to how it is being used and how it has been used for hundreds and hundreds of years as a way to justify being evil to certain social groups is just willfully ignorant.

Imagine if Christianity determined where a person lived and worked and decided at birth one's permanent social status. That sounds scary, doesn't it? To be classed as this or that without any care for one's talents or actual merits, arbitrarily by some false standard that isn't real. As with all texts used to control populations, the creepy stuff is always veiled by what initially sounds smart and good.

Throughout history, the idea of using a belief system has been a tool that many countries in the world have used to subjugate social uprisings and dissent and potential political usurpers. Heck, remember how the Catholic church used to pretend to have the power to excommunicate people if they didn't pay them money? It's nothing new, but this is the post modern era and there's no reason for a politically illegitimate country to exist, but there sure are a whole bunch of them. Western civilization is so lucky and blessed and it's easy to forget that most people on Earth are dirt poor and not having a good time. Consider the fact that in China they're using a similar method to justify the genocide of the Uyghurs.

You know, a little red book has a lot to do with it.

So this article is from 2021, but Muslims and Hindus often clash and it's disturbing. The government in India is, surprise surprise--controlled by the belief system of Hinduism. Oh, and since that's the majority, you'd better watch out if you don't want to join their version of China's mass line.

India: Government Policies, Actions Target Minorities Year "After Delhi Violence, Bias Against Muslims Taints Investigation" (Human Rights Watch.ORG)

Check out this excerpt from the article from Human Rights Watch that I linked above and think about how what's actually happening is the literal antithesis of your analysis. Point being, it sounds cute in theory but in practice this stuff is messed up and isn't getting better (recent news stories reported by the BBC are along the same vein and are super sad):

Authorities in India have adopted laws and policies that systematically discriminate against Muslims and stigmatize critics of the government, Human Rights Watch said today. Prejudices embedded in the government of the ruling Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) have infiltrated independent institutions, such as the police and the courts, empowering nationalist groups to threaten, harass, and attack religious minorities with impunity.

February 23, 2021 marks the one-year anniversary of the communal violence in Delhi that killed 53 people, 40 of them Muslim. Instead of conducting a credible and impartial investigation, including into allegations that BJP leaders incited violence and police officials were complicit in attacks, the authorities have targeted activists and protest organizers. The authorities have lately responded to another mass protest, this time by farmers, by vilifying minority Sikh protesters and opening investigations into their alleged affiliation with separatist groups.

“The BJP’s embrace of the Hindu majority at the expense of minorities has seeped into government institutions, undermining equal protection of the law without discrimination,” said Meenakshi Ganguly, South Asia director at Human Rights Watch. “The government has not only failed to protect Muslims and other minorities from attacks but is providing political patronage and cover for bigotry.”

The February 2020 attacks in Delhi had followed months of peaceful protests by Indians of all faiths against the government’s discriminatory citizenship law and proposed policies.

I think it's more pragmatic to not compliment practices that are just used for harm. Yeah, in a perfect world Hinduism sounds not like a violent or bad thing. Absolutely. But it's actually being used to this day to hurt people and literally murder them for not agreeing and for having a different system of belief and faith. Freedom of religion isn't really a thing outside of Western Civilization. It's really important to remember that fact. Dissent of any sort (including having any agency or wanting any sort of sense of being an individual) is not tolerated in countries that have no political legitimacy and lengthy track records of crimes against humanity. Violence, harassment are the norm and used as tools to subjugate anyone stupid or brave enough to disagree.

Similarly, after hundreds of thousands of farmers of various faiths began protesting against the government’s new farm laws in November 2020, senior BJP leaders, their supporters on social media, and pro-government media, began blaming the Sikhs, another religious minority. They accuse Sikhs of having a “Khalistani” agenda, a reference to a Sikh separatist insurgency in Punjab in the 1980s and 90s. On February 8, Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke in parliament, describing people participating in various peaceful protests as “parasites,” and calling international criticism of increasing authoritarianism in India a “foreign destructive ideology.”

So we can talk about how nice it would be if evil didn't exist and if people could just appreciate a good book, and if the world was a happy place and everything was perfect, but alas, the world is a place full of unfortunate events. Like Lemony Snicket says, "The world is a harum-scarum place".

Now was the Gita written with the purpose to use it as a political tool? My college professor seemed to think so. I personally haven't done enough research and I took that class half a decade ago and the textbook is packed away so I cannot cite it at the moment. "God Is Not One" by Prothero was one of our textbooks, if you want to check it out

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Final reply to: IndieA

On the subject of aliens, I have not seen any evidence that advanced intelligent life has visited Earth, and I'm of the opinion that most of the alien phenomena can be explained by advanced man-made technology programs that are being kept secret, and in some cases natural occurrences.

I haven't seen an alien, but once I saw something unexplainable in the sky and it was huge! My friend saw it, too, and it wasn't any aircraft and it was bigger than a football stadium, moved faster than anything else, and was like a glowing warm yellow light with other multicolored lights rotating along the base. We saw it at random when we were smoking cigarettes out of his bedroom window because we were too lazy to go outside so we were being sneaky. It was an utterly normal and mundane teenage action until we both see the ridiculously huge and brightly glowing object in the sky directly to the right and so close it was literally impossible to not see this thing in the sky above the affluent suburban neighbor hood he lived in outside of Milwaukee. But of course, it wasn't in the news and I literally said to him, "Why isn't anyone going outside to look? Doesn't everyone see this thing?" I felt incredulous that we were the only ones gawking at it. It was around 8pm on a summer evening in southeastern Wisconsin a little over a decade ago.

I have nothing to compare it to and haven't seen anything like it before or since, but it was such a unique experience and it was really exciting. We weren't afraid, we were just stunned.

It was so big and then all of a sudden it got super tiny. In the moment we exclaimed that it changed size, but I think it zoomed away super fast. It went from being this gigantic half-moon shaped glowing orb larger than anything I can think of to something as small as a cup of coffee. So still big enough, still the same shape, but not as LORGE and IN CHORGE as before haha there's nothing to compare it to besides saying it was bigger than a football field and rounded at the top but not a disk yet flattened out at the bottom where the muticolored lights went in circles around what I assume was the base.

It's the truth and I don't know what it was. We kept touching our phones and we discussed taking a picture or video but it felt wrong to do it and we were so mesmerized by how weird the flying thing we saw was that we were content to just watch it.

As a result, this memory is seared into my brain forever and I will say it's an interesting memory and I can still see it in my mind as plain as day and relive the five minutes or so that we spent watching this thing before it got so small we couldn't see it anymore. Again at the time we thought it was literally shrinking, which sounds cute and kind of stupid when I say it and write it down, but when I analyze the object's movement and our perception and the position of the glowing behemoth and our relation to its position in the sky. It was so clearly visible and I'm familiar with all sorts of aircraft since my dad used to make model airplanes as a hobby, and I keep up to date with tech, but what we saw would have been bigger than anything that flies should be able to be. There was no sound to it. It moved so fast it looked like it changed physical size, as trippy and unbelievable as that sounds.

While watching it, we briefly discussed how we should go outside and get a video so we could prove this happened and so we could show our other friends later that evening because it was kind of cool, but we were really not motivated to move and just sat there watching out of his bedroom window on the second floor, which overlooked the front of his house. To the right of his house are other homes in the subdivision, and this thing was clearly above the subdivision when we first saw it out of the window. Once it got small, I have no clue where it was in terms of its position, but it definitely didn't move toward us. It did briefly jiggle from side to side almost like a zig-zag motion, but it was super fast.

Anyway, that's what happened.

The government initially said aliens were real in the 1950's and had to take it back when mass hysteria happened as a result, so then they put shows about aliens everywhere on TV and unsurprisingly finally admitted to aliens existing again a few months ago. I find it all rather boring. Aliens kind of bore me, as funny as that sounds given what I saw. But I prefer the subject of ghosts, demons, cryptids--creepy stuff. I guess aliens could be creepy? But I'm not scared of them. I mean, they look derpy compared to monsters and demons and such so since I'm not afraid of demons I don't know why I'd be afraid of aliens. I'd honestly be really irritated if I was ever bothered by one and whenever I've watched shows about abductees I always wonder why they aren't super pissed off that the aliens interrupted their sleep and broke into their homes uninvited. I would be beyond annoyed at the classlessness of their actions. I'm slightly kidding around and being flippant since I feel self-conscious about talking about what I saw. I didn't intend on including that bit and I've never spoken about it outside of my friends and immediate family, but I know what I saw. It was wild!

Okay here's my weird hill that I'm dead on: If aliens look anything like the depictions of the grey aliens. Poor dudes are not cute and could never be mistaken for anything attractive. I think if they're so smart it's weird they don't want to look pretty, too. They're clearly vibing out too hard to care

I wholeheartedly agree that most sightings of UFO's are misidentified aircraft and satellites and natural celestial phenomenon. Space is a busy place and in places where you can clearly see all of the stars, you can watch satellites move across the sky. I hope they build a telescope good enough to see Elon's red Roadster floating around because I want a picture of it. I think it's hilarious. Roadsters are such pretty cars. My husband has a Model 3, since he used to work at Tesla. He likes the ugly CyberTruck. While the features are cool it looks visually HIDEOUS. My point is, I love technology and I know that the military is over 20 years ahead of anything we are aware of or can buy for ourselves.
You're 100% right when you suspect government projects and such as the origin of most of the sky shenanigans people see.

I digress.

I'm tired as heck now haha

I wrote so much and I probably rambled so I'm super sorry, but I got really into talking about the Gita and Hinduism and I'm glad you brought it up. I hope you're interested in what I said and I love that you brought it up in this discussion because when discussing the material and immaterial nature of reality, it's one of the best and wildest books to bring up on that subject.

Aliens aside, I'm mainly interested in hearing your thoughts to the information about Hinduism throughout India's existence, since I think it would be nice if the Gita was just a philosophical book and not a wolf in sheep's clothing, but the evidence is clear and extends through antiquity. It's really quite unfortunate, since it would be cool if the philosophical teachings were actually written with positive intentions, but I think the opposite is true. It really is an absolutely fascinating book, though, and reading it is important in the study of the main religions and belief systems on Earth.

❥ Rukia
edit on Oct❥2023 by rukia because: Sorry not sorry for going on and on. Hope I didn't veer too off topic with Hinduism, but it is pertinent as an example of how reality is physical and spiritual. Love you guys! ❥

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

I post that gif with love, but please say sike, my brother or sister in Christ.

You're trolling or joking or something. That's what I'm going to tell myself, but it's not even funny to have the words, 'wisdom' and 'demonic possession' anywhere near one another. Be careful dude. That's borderline heretical stuff and hopefully you just got confused or meant something else. However, I think you know darn well that everything you said is utter nonsense, too. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Here are the facts since ATS is about denying ignorance and I respect how this forum advocates for truth:

First off, The Bible says it right here that evil never wins because by nature evil literally cannot win. Evil is foolish by definition because it denies God and is the opposite of wisdom. Demons are fools because evil is foolishness. Evil makes everyone behave like idiots.

❥ Psalms 21:11 ❥

11 Although they plot against you, their evil schemes will never succeed. 11 All their evil schemes, the plots they cook up, have fizzled - every one. 11 Though they intend to harm you and devise a wicked plan, they will not prevail.

So no, demons never win and they dig pits for others end up falling into their own trap. Over and over again. They're actually inane and it's comedic to an extent, but evil is the Enemy and it's best to stay sober minded about the matter.

Secondly, your faulty analogy about spiders is overly dramatic and utterly inaccurate and certainly not wise. Leave spiders alone. Spiders are wise, according to the Bible and the Word of God is literally wisdom.

❥ Proverbs 30:24 ❥

24  There be four things which are little upon the earth, But they are exceeding wise:
25  The ants are a people not strong, Yet they prepare their meat in the summer;
26  The conies are but a feeble folk, Yet make they their houses in the rocks;
27  The locusts have no king, Yet go they forth all of them by bands;
28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, And is in kings’ palaces.

The Holy Bible: King James Version, Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version. (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009), Pr 30:24–28.

I suggest you read the Bible. I know that I'm not wise, but you'd better be trolling. Otherwise you concern me and I hope you're okay.

Thirdly, Black widow spiders aren't cannibals, either. It's a myth and it has never been observed in the wild. It's science fiction and any observed cases in captivity are likely due to stress reactions.

Debunking the Myth of Black Widow Spiders Cannibalizing Their Mates

Female praying mantises cannibalize their male mates. Not black widows. They're just super poisonous but not aggressive unless protecting their babies. I had one outside under my dining room bay window at my childhood house in Pennsylvania. I used to love spiders and catch them to look at as a little kid. They're cool.

Now, as a consolation prize, because I'm nice and feel bad for calling out your BS, I'll tell you what I believe is a great analogy to explain how demons operate and is their favorite little battle tool in their little toolbox that they use during Spiritual Warfare.

One of the exorcists that the movie The Exorcist is about said in his last interview before he passed away that demons love to use theater tricks to fool people into thinking they have power when they're powerless. He's so smart: He gave me the tingles. It was cool. I watched the interview live with my mom on TV.

To paraphrase, the priest said that demons love to use theater tricks to fool people like a show of smoke and mirrors. So an accurate insight into the behavior of demons possessing a person or just demons' behavior in general is that they are putting on a theater show. So it's pointless to fear them or believe their lies when all they do is play pretend and use shock and awe techniques to distract us.

You're welcome for the help and the information. But I realize that I'm totally foolish for positively reinforcing your negative troll-like behavior by responding and giving you the attention you wanted, but in this case I feel that it's morally correct to provide the right answer and debunk what you said, not just for your benefit, but primarily as a random act of kindness to help other people who will read this thread, since this is a public forum. After all, people love vague phrases and I could see someone believing your inaccurate assertions just because you made it sound dramatic and appealed to Pathos, the rhetorical device, thus attempting to manipulate readers into feeling how you want them to feel.

But again hopefully you're just confused and you didn't know any better. I don't really care either way, but God bless you.

Badda-boom, badda-bing *mic drop*

Happy Saturday!

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

That's a lot to respond to, but I'm going to try to keep it short.

The Bhagivad Gita was gifted to me by an old hippie, who said that he got in a car accident the day the book was gifted to him, so he considered it cursed, at least in his drug addicted hands at the time, but understood it's spiritual nature and knew that I had been on a path of philosophical and spiritual learning and development. When I study philosophy and religion, I do so in a very general way, taking with me what makes sense, or works, and leaving being that which doesn't.

Although hesitant of the book myself at first, my path eventually led to me wanting to read it, mostly since I understood that it was supposed to be God's words to ancient man. I read it mostly to hear these words in hopes of better understanding God, myself, and our reality, and it delivered. I did not read it looking for dogma or advice on how to live and treat others.

Most of what you have said about Hinduism, relates to modern, dogma heavy, Hinduism, or otherwise magnifies the negative aspects of it. If you look back at my posts, I specifically cite ancient Hinduism. My understanding is also that the British occupation did a great deal of harm to India, and tried to rewrite and erase India's accident history.

When the Bhagivad Gita talks about what happens to the soul, the idea of it becoming nothing, I think is meant to spark contemplation within the readers mind, and is not necessarily an absolute reality. Hindus believe in reincarnation, and the Gita teaches that our lives can be used to grow spiritually on this planet and on others. Souls are considered part and parcel of God, so in a way, the creator is directly experiencing the creation through everything that has a soul. It's only when the book goes into what happens every so many billions of years, does the concept of the souls reuniting with God become a possibility. Think Big Bang, Big Crunch, Big Bang, Big Crunch, ect, which would indicate splitting of God into souls for the next period of several billion years.

Also, please keep in mind that human nature is superior to animal and insect nature, and rightfully so.

edit on 14-10-2023 by IndieA because: Added thought

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

originally posted by: IndieA

Religious miscreants have been the cause of much of mankind's misery since forever. With said misery being inflicted by the religious fools that support them.

There is no 'spiritual nature', there is just nature.

Thanks for answering the question.

I don't want to debate the pros and cons of religion, but I think that we can agree that both exist. I see religions and religious figures as powerful tools, and as such, being capable of both great good or great harm. I understand that powerful tools should be used responsibly and constructively for good and not evil, and I reject the concept of moral relativity.

If you're understanding of nature doesn't include a soul, that's fine by me. I'll assume that you relate to yourself as your body and mind.

Personally, I relate to a term you may have heard before, "living soul". A trifecta of body, mind, and soul, or in other words, I am a spiritual being temporarily using this meat suit (mind and body) as a vehicle, until I move on to the next reality or vehicle. This understanding is partially based on having learned how to, then achieving an astral projection, confirmable to myself.

Neither of us seem to want to force our beliefs on others, or seek to control them, so I see no harm here.

edit on 14-10-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No matter what human you take for leader, it will let you down.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Gee it sounds like it really is a myth that female spiders eat their male mate. Thanks for correcting me on that point.

I wonder where that myth came from…

I comment in this thread because I believe everybody becomes demonically possessed around the time they come of age, so to speak.

You say evil never wins, but I see it always winning every time anybody dies.

The biblical story about eating the forbidden fruit, I believe is a coming of age metaphor.

That is around the time everybody starts dying, when they come of age. For goodness sake dude, it’s called The Little Death.

IMO, if you can exercise free will for a couple of years straight, you can kill your demon, and cure old age: Free will literally means your will doesn’t cost you your life power.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Your disparagement of Protestant deliverance ministry is somewhat countered in the source you provided, where it is made clear that any man or woman in Christ is perfectly able to resist & rebuke the Devil & his demons, because each man or woman in Christ is hierarchically superior to the Devil & demons.

Thus we are each called in the Word of God to "Submit to God, resist the Devil & he will flee from you." - hence it is an irrelevancy that some people are of the opinion that only Catholic priests are permitted to deliver people from the oppression of demons.

On the contrary, with care & compassion, all Christians, even those 'of different confessions' are permitted to pray for the deliverance of those who are suffering under the oppression of the Devil/demons. Read your own source & you will see this is true in the eyes of the IAE.

Cheers,

FITO.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Your disparagement of Protestant deliverance ministry

I didn't 'disparage' the Protestant deliverance ministry. I simply pointed out that there is a difference between what Catholics believe vs what Protestants believe when it comes to demonic deliverance. Fundamentalist Protestants believe anyone can engage in deliverance. Catholics believe in specially chosen exorcists who have to have church approval for certain prayers. Regular people are allowed to pray over others for deliverance but are not allowed to use the special exorcism prayers that the exorcist priests use. Not every priest can use those prayers. Only specially chosen ones with permission.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

On the other hand, as religions are about freedom you can do what God wants you to do, when you are given the power to use, you use it.

<< 1  2   >>

join