It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Across the UK councils are declaring bankruptcy - another sign of WEF interference?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If you live in the UK you'll be aware that there has been a sudden & massive influx of councils failing in a financial sense, even to the point of total bankruptcy. This seemingly began with Birmingham city council declaring bankruptcy, a story which gripped the nation as tales of its financial woes began to be unravelled. However, in the wake of that scandal, there has been a sudden tidal wave or even a tsunami of other councils suddenly declaring that they too are bankrupt.

14 councils across Britain face inevitable threat of bankruptcy
Major concerns as number of UK councils facing bankruptcy continue to rise
By Jonathan Bunn
22:01, Sun, Aug 27, 2023

Across the country an alarming amount of councils face bankruptcy.

Nearly a third of councils in some of the poorest areas of the country are considering declaring effective bankruptcy this year or next, it has emerged.

A survey of 47 local authorities in the North, the Midlands and on the South Coast revealed the severe strain on finances meant five are currently in the process of deciding whether to issue a section 114 notice of their inability to balance their annual budget in 2023-24.

An additional nine councils which are members of the Special Interest Group of Municipal Authorities (Sigoma) said they may have to declare bankruptcy next year.

Sigoma said this was the first time many member councils were considering issuing a section 114 notice, which freezes all non-essential spending.

The growing possibility of drastic action is said to be driven by the depletion of cash reserves available to cover gaps in budgets.

Councils said the most common cause of financial pressures was demand for children’s social care services following requests from the Government to treat these services as an equal priority with adult social care, and allocate additional funding.

Other significant factors cited were inflation costs and wage rises, with warnings an imminent increase in the cost of borrowing is set to add further financial pressure.

Sigoma said it understands that at least 12 other councils across the country are now considering issuing a section 114 notice in 2023-24.

EXPRESS story: 14 councils across Britain face inevitable threat of bankruptcy

At least 26 English councils ‘at risk of bankruptcy in next two years - GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER (yuck!)

i Newspaper: More than 20 other councils also at risk of going bust after Birmingham declares effective bankruptcy.

It strikes me that this is evidence of deliberate mismanagement, likely at the prompting of the secret power brokers of the WEF puppets who pretty much control politics in the British Isles at this time. Deliberate mismanagement to fail by design, in order that 'someone' can appear, wave a magic wand, and then 'build back better' using new economic principles, a private-public partnership, in which the entire city in each council that has failed are subjected to Chinese-style rules in order for the money to keep flowing. There will be big changes ahead, I predict. It's kind of inevitable when you look at the shocking state we find ourselves in. What on Earth are we supposed to do with such a massive flood of failure, leading to opportunities for WEF-style corruption on a grand scale, with each city being put into some sort of administrative 'special measures' that will no doubt drastically impact the lives & wellbeing of the people living under its aegis...?

I don't doubt that '15 Minute Cities' will be pushed heavily as a way to 'reign in spending' & 'manage city finances more efficiently'. I can't see it going any other way to be fair - a manufactured 'crisis' with a pre-prepared 'solution' to fix all the nasty problems which have arisen because of the supposed 'idiots in charge' driving the entire operation into the ground, on purpose.

Any takers for a bet on this outcome? It's so bloody obvious it's painful.

Cheers,

FITO.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I agree sadly. I try to remain optimistic about the future but it's a daily challenge. Worst is my son's reactions to the lies being told , not only about NWO/plandemic related topics, but science based , specifically space. He's 12 and used to very interested in space, but he doesn't believe any of what he watches/hears anymore, the trust is gone. With that he lost much of his interest in space

I think if they try another plandemic , there will be a mass awakening. It will happen, people talk to each other and once you're awake you don't go back to sleep ever

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Listening to Sunak's speech at party conference the other day with all his 'axing' of various things, it felt sinister and something else was in play. Right down to 'axing' the traditional A levels.
If you have time to listen to his speech, it really does sound like he's laying out WEF's plan for the UK.
Stammer is no better if you listen to him too.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Birmingham and a couple of other councils problem is largely due to court action over unpaid equal pay claims which is down to council mismanagement , Birmingham's budget was nearly wiped out due to the £760m they have to pay due to that action which is a large part of their budget.

Most if not all local councils are suffering because of the strain put on them due the government shipping tens of thousands of illegal migrants to the regions with no extra funding given to house , feed and educate them , we as tax payers are seeing our living standards fall to pay for those who come here seeking a better life.... on benefits.

There is currently no additional funding to councils for any support they may provide to those arriving via this route, nor is it currently subject to a new burdens assessment.
www.local.gov.uk...

The blame for this situation is due to a combination of poor local management of finances and Tory incompetence in securing our borders , over 1 Million people came here last year which has put extra strain on local services.

Don't blame the WEF , blame the Tories.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I agree with the vast majority of your post and Tory incompetence, mis-management and nefarious wrongdoing has played a huge part in this.

But as Jane said; the sorry excuse for The Labour Party we have at present would not be any better.
And lets face it, The LibDems are a joke.

Its a sorry state of affairs and the British people deserve better.

None of The Above is the only option available at present.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

But as Jane said; the sorry excuse for The Labour Party we have at present would not be any better.

I agree but we can't go on under the Tories , lies , incompetence and more lies over 13 years has led us to this point and the time for change is nearly here , we will get a Labour government next year I am in no doubt so it is for them to prove they can do better in the 4 years available to them , out of the frying pan into the fire perhaps but either way we are cooked.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   

People are quick to forget the basic politics at home. Over the last decade we've had austerity cuts, multiple highly wasteful government projects, huge wasteful restructuring, privatisation and a hole load of other crap I've failed to mention.

Devolution plays a part in all this too...

Honestly when a government sells to the lowest bids such as selling gold or national infrastructure while at the same time it's always late to the punch and pays the top price going for things it almost seems purposeful. I can't forget the austerity measures that went on till COVID and is still happening in many ways, the money they "saved" was pissed away on Brexit, COVID and Truss's amazeballs mini budget.

Charities have been picking up the slack wherever they can too and I'm starting to see many close their doors.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Did you see the latest government blunder.

An accounting error when allocating budgets to schools has seen a reduction in the 2.7% increase on spending per pupil to 1.9%.
Now I guess it can be argued that this was a Civil Service error - somehow they underestimated the number of pupils? - but this received a sign off from a government minister and government appointed officials oversaw the whole process.

Everyone agrees that we urgently need to raise standards in our education system and an increase in money spent per pupil would be a good starting point providing its correctly targeted etc.
To address this shortfall it would cost the government £370 million - approximately an increase of 0.6% of the overall schools budget.

But The Tories are refusing to make up the shortfall.

Education of our children absolutely must be a priority.

All whilst Tory financial supporters and vested interests enjoy record obscene amounts of profit.

edit on 7/10/23 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

well... the infux of all these illegals coming here and being put up in hotels hasn't helped

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   
In uk! I see a Lot of money spend that is not needed.
Two time in 5 years they completly rebuilt
the paths and roads in my town centre.
but other road more hiden are bad, pot holes.

and the Big problem with ALL busness.
to many people incharge, high pay.
and the workers get low pay.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   
So, is a council like a county here in the US?

Is there any review of financials by outside sources? If not, it would be quite simple to declare bankruptcy then? What would be the negative to this and what are the repercussions?

I can see something similar happening in many US cities. Especially those 'sanctuary' cities that invited in all the immigrants but discovered it actually costs a lot of money to feed and shelter thousands upon thousands of unexpected people.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I thing we deserve exactly what we vote for. Stop voting for dead donkeys based on their gang colours, and start voting for competence and integrity regardless of gang colours.

But there's certainly no WEF involvement. And if our politicians (at national or local level) do start doing the WEF's bidding then within 12 months they would have assuredly completely f*cked up whatever they were meant to do

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Brexit, immigration, and austerity all over the island with Tory rule for near enough 15 years.

Take your pick really but im surprised they have lasted this long.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Stop voting for dead donkeys based on their gang colours, and start voting for competence and integrity regardless of gang colours.

I fully understand your sentiments but when dead donkeys are the only option we have what chance have we got?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The economic climate today reminds me of the economic climate of the 2008 recession and this happened in the U.S., here is an article describing what happened and what measure were taken.

www.pewtrusts.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha
The infrastructure (paths and roads) doesn't fall under the remit of town/borough councils, these are looked after by the county.
The question must be asked, what does a council do for the money paid. Local planning, refuse collecting, repair to social housing stocks, keeping the roads and byways clean, looking after amenities (swimming pools etc.) and looking after civic buildings (town halls etc.).
Can anyone think of any more.
1. Local planning should be covered by the fees charged.
2. Refuse collecting. That should be covered by your rate payment and also some cost allayed from recycling.
3.Repair to social housing stocks. That should be covered by the ongoing rent payments.
4. Keeping the byways clean should be part of the rates.
5. Amenities should be covered by the entrance fees.
6. Civic buildings should be covered by the rates.

Now what's the problem in there. 1 and 2 are what you pay for and they should be covered but if, in their wisdom they choose to spend that money elsewhere is their problem. Housing stocks is the biggie. Since a certain Mrs Thatcher, who gave permission to sell off housing stocks at a vastly reduced rate with the understanding, at first, that the money accrued could be used to build more social housing. After councils had built up vast sums of money through this she changed her mind and stopped any plans for any rebuilds and told the councils that money accrued had to be used instead of any government payment. Now the hidden bit. People must understand that council housing (though cheaper rents than private rent) these properties had been paid for time and time again. Simple mathematics:- if you have 1000 housed at £100 per week that's £100,000. That's £100,000 to cover repairs and other things. Now sell 800 houses at below market value, you've already lost a vast amount of money plus £20,000. But then you have council madness selling old stock to a housing association for a £1 each.
So why keep certain civic buildings costing a lot to maintain, but the next biggie is the massivly bloated staff in these councils.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I agree with the vast majority of your post and Tory incompetence, mis-management and nefarious wrongdoing has played a huge part in this.

And lets face it, The LibDems are a joke.

None of The Above is the only option available at present.

Don't forget the monster raving looney party of Lord such

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

withdraw consent and become barbarians living as parallel societies, its how the country ran during the anarchy and post reformation..

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

3.Repair to social housing stocks. That should be covered by the ongoing rent payments.

Revenue from rents form a completely different 'pot' compared to revenue from taxes. Until this 'pot', officially known as the HRA or Housing Revenue Account was 'rng-fenced', central and local govt had their grubby paws in and council housing fell into disrepair with the finger of blame directed at the tenant. Stock owning councils, those who did not sell or transfer their properties to housing associations can now allocate money for repairs and upgrades as well as development and other departments cannot blag any of that money for non housing related and often, political reasons.

Council Tax payers do not and have never paid for the provision or maintenance of council housing. But that is a dirty secret few outside public policy spheres have been made aware of.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
The economic climate today reminds me of the economic climate of the 2008 recession and this happened in the U.S., here is an article describing what happened and what measure were taken.

www.pewtrusts.org...

its a broken society reflecting a corrupt liberal establishment very 1920s for Britain, as the uks depressionary period started in 1919 rather than the wall street crash due to the corrupt way the incompetent rich ran ww1.

my local council is on the edge as its taken in too many of the homeless everyone else rejects while Brighton has taken itself to that edge by trying to prove green policies work.. it all comes back to activism/ideology trying to replace the known with the never tried as a direct swap..

you have to have the infrastructure in place to comfortably house more or the cash reserves to take big risks, and you have to those in power who can tell the difference between the 2..

in the uk that's isn't happening at local or national level.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join