It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Across the UK councils are declaring bankruptcy - another sign of WEF interference?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

simpler version its Westminster vs the people.. this is how liberalism fell in 1924 corrupted by war, greed and power leaving a broken state in its wake replace blue with red green or yellow and you'll get the same result, its the worst aspect of liberalism.. as they are try to be Thatcher's they are all in reality Blairites even Johnson, hence his nickname by his own party faithful as the fat Blair..

all another election will do is shuffle the chairs around a bit.. we have seen nothing substantial in terms of positive change since well before the 1960s Thatcher, Blair Johnson there is nothing substantial good/bad attached to them that would not have happened if the another party had ruled in their stead during those periods because parliament would still have voted the way it did, the us or eec or eu would have cajoled the way it did..

worth remembering the simple fact that the reformation took place in 1558 it wasn't until 1994 or near 450 years later that the country actually diverged from Rome until that point it was in alignment. in that light Brexit is utterly meaningless except to those who want to remain angry as an excuse to hate, and in hardening their stances and laws the EU like Rome with the inquisition is hurting itself far more than anyone else.

what we have is old school incompetence running through all parties from top to bottom..

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment
The blame for this situation is due to a combination of poor local management of finances and Tory incompetence in securing our borders , over 1 Million people came here last year which has put extra strain on local services.

Don't blame the WEF , blame the Tories.

But with a senior section of the Tory government - including Sunak - being WEF, how much is the WEF to blame for influencing them?

You can't remove WEF from the equation. Unless those WEF affiliated politicians are just pretending they support the WEF and taking the WEF for fools....and what's the chance of that?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

across the board they are to corrupt and incompetent to make any grand plan work or fail..

the empire came about by accident, anything that happens is an accident it was positive for a while but now its a bad streak as the luck has run out.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

I don't know much about the reformation nickyw.

As to the incompetence running through all parties from top to bottom.

Let's face facts it would be hard to argue otherwise.

Now where Brexit is concerned, well that's a s@it show thus far, which is not exactly what i would call "meaningless".

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Any takers for a bet on this outcome?

Uh, well.......I have friends who live in the UK and this is the first I've heard of this. I am gobsmacked. I can't even wrap my head around this development much less guess at an outcome. Just read a Guardian article that indicated this has happened because the Central Government outlays to Councils hasn't kept pace with the rising costs of providing services for youth. Makes me wonder if there's been an explosion of expenses heaped upon these Councils by runaway migrant influx?

This is an amazing development.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Been covering this for a number of weeks on TNT Radio. Absolutely spot on, a number of councils are becoming bankrupt. I've contacted a number directly (Derbyshire, Derby, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Ashfield, Broxtowe).

Some examples are bad financial decisions.
A few years ago, Nottingham City Council invested to create a low cost not for profit energy company. In principal seemed a good idea. However with the cost of energy that went skyward, they went bust. The charge then went to the Council. A massive regeneration project to overhaul the south of the city, Broadmarsh shopping centre at that time owned by Intu. They got the council to put down like 7 million, part way through being demolished.
Intu went into Administration. Taking all the money with them, along with leaving the city council to pick up the rest of the tab to continue what had already been paid for. Costs are like 26 million.

Birmingham got struck with a law suit in a gender based discrimination case. Historically not paying women as much as men for the same rank position to the tune of £700m going back many years. They court also charging an additional £14m per month. As the council doesn't have the money to pay out.

There was a terrible Icelandic bank scandal where there was advise for councils to put their money into an Icelandic bank as it was seen as being stable and reaping the benefit of good interest. However the bank went under, not sure how many councils put percentages of their assets but don't think many will recover. I believe it's 47 councils on the brink of major difficulty. Invoking either administration or to move to bankruptcy position, under a section code. Limiting all unnecessary spending. Not sure it goes to shutting down government. Nottingham City said they would not limit services, refuse collection etc should they move into scrutinty administration. Derby CC did not give a reply, but they moved hard into the red.

I would concur the moving of public liquidity and funds into investment funds was a terrible decision. But we all know, there would have been salesmen and brokers all gleaming to how good it would be. There's a distinct possibility this was a move to remove money from the public purse to put councils in a pressured position.

Another aspect this may trigger is something that's been on the cards for some time. To merge regional councils to "save money and resources".
Nottingham and Derby. Merging management and councillors.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DefineKristian

Spot on. There are a lot of root causes behind this and none of them are the WEF.

With Birmingham, it was the judgment in the equal pay case that tipped them over the edge.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I was never a fan of Devolution (Blame Blair for that) and this is the direct result of that, too many chef's in the kitchen is another way of putting it.

Back in the early 2000's a certain Chief Executive a non voted in paid person that ran one of our Largest northern councils used to get an all expenses paid trip to a spa in London every single weekend, at the cost of the council tax payers of course.

Take it back to Whitehall I say, yes some areas have benefited from Devolution but others have simply had too many hands in the Kitty so to speak.

But mostly this is down to an incompetent government.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

More Unitary Council's might be a good thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Birmingham and a couple of other councils problem is largely due to court action over unpaid equal pay claims which is down to council mismanagement , Birmingham's budget was nearly wiped out due to the £760m they have to pay due to that action which is a large part of their budget.

Most if not all local councils are suffering because of the strain put on them due the government shipping tens of thousands of illegal migrants to the regions with no extra funding given to house , feed and educate them , we as tax payers are seeing our living standards fall to pay for those who come here seeking a better life.... on benefits.

There is currently no additional funding to councils for any support they may provide to those arriving via this route, nor is it currently subject to a new burdens assessment.
www.local.gov.uk...

The blame for this situation is due to a combination of poor local management of finances and Tory incompetence in securing our borders , over 1 Million people came here last year which has put extra strain on local services.

Don't blame the WEF , blame the Tories.

While I agreed with much of your post , it's definetly caused by WEF plans. So called tories/labour politicians are all in it for themselves , there's no 'left ' or 'right' , as they don't give two sh*ts about the people, they are all selfserving .
There's a video of Klaus Shwab admitting that WEF has 'penetrated global governments'

Video of Klaus Shwab admitting WEF government penetration

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Soaring cost of adult care, child care, loss of revenue from Businesses closed down, and stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

ultimately both where meaningless except the excuse it gave the perpetually angry to seek revenge on those they hate, both periods where dominated by the issues caused by cheap money not the reformation or Brexit..

as an economic historian put it think henry1 think hard money think henry8 think cheap money, Johnson is our henry8 the debauching of western currency especially sterling is an issues that cost a lot of councils money putting decades long strains on purse strings, its a process called a "cyclonic superinflation" and was what happened at the end of the Roman empire.

this is the space we inhabit now it can been seen in the uk post black Wednesday onwards and more obvious post 2007/8 crisis unless you think Brexit is responsible for the things before and that are happening to others as everyone is in lockstep hence looking the kind of wef agents rather than inept and following the same kind of insane policy..

our issue is cheap money, henry8 wasn't even a good Christian otherwise he'd know Isaiah admonished the Israelites for debasement when he declared, “Thy silver has become dross, thy wine mixed with water.”

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Soaring cost of adult care, child care, loss of revenue from Businesses closed down, and stuff like that.

Did you watch the video?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

still tracks to cheap money and the money tree thinking that has dominated western economics since, 2007/8, there was always going to be a penalty for the can kicking, covid just brought the payment of the penalty forward.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

No. Am watching the Rugby.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Well, Brexit is certainly not doing what Boris said it would, so there is that.

As to our issue, there is a multitude of those.

It's not just "cheap money" thats is the problem.

If you were to suggest Brexit was meaningless to the likes of some lorry drivers or fishermen they might not feel that way given the knock-on effects it seems to be having where their industries are concerned.

Then there are the other economic aspects to be considered of which there seems to also be a multitude.

According to one study, the referendum result had pushed up UK inflation by 1.7 percentage points in 2017, leading to an annual cost of £404 for the average British household. Studies published in 2018 estimated that the economic costs of the Brexit vote were 2% of GDP, or 2.5% of GDP.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=According%20to%20one%20study%2C%20the,%2C%20or%202.5%25%20of%20GDP.

cepr.org...

Suppose the threads not really about Brexit.

But i don't think it can be said to have helped where the likes of some UK councils being forced to declare bankruptcy is concerned.

The same could be said about the pandemic they were also forced to ride out.

edit on 7-10-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No. Am watching the Rugby.

Fair enough, but then don't instantly dismiss the option of WEF involvement.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Fine. What about my points?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Fine. What about my points?

But it wasn't about your points. The whole point of this thread made by the OP was because of WEF involvement AS WELL.
Nobody said your points don't apply, just that WEF is involved as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Watching the news on Israel now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join