It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not surprising at all off course: Christian German family will be deported

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Their crime was they were homeschooling their kids in Germany ('illegal' in Germany as the state owns the kids) .
The parents fled to the US seeking asylum so they could keep homeschooling their kids.
Their kids were bullied and the parents did not agree with what was taught (brainwashed ) in school.

They came to the US in 2008, so lived here for 15 years now, their youngest were born here and all will now be deported. Why ?

Off course , being white, conservative and Christian is why

We all know , if they were Muslim, that fled to the US for whatever reason, they would never be deported.

Off course, I don't even bother mentioning what happens at our southern borders , we all know that.
No problems there off course, this law-abiding family is a problem

edit on 2-10-2023 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

They should have identified as trans Guatemalans.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The NAZI made the schooling law that says they have to go to school in 1938. Why would they do such a thing (rhethorical question).

However there is homeschooling going on but only on a smaller timescale when there are reasons like sickness or no school in the region willing to take in the kid because of grave misbehavior.

I was homeschooled for a bit more than two month, partly in the hospital and partly at home until I could manage the school visits physically myself and did not need medical attention every few hours. A teacher would visit, state approved.

But homeschooling in the sense it really means, not going to fly.
edit on 2.10.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We homeschooled until fifth grade. Then we did Catholic school.
I didn't think I was going to do a good job homeschooling,
but we did great. Our daughter flourished. She ended up
skipping a grade, getting on the honor roll and becoming a
chemical engineer. Great socialization via three swim teams
and an art club. I highly recommend homeschooling.
Great experience.
edit on 10/2/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My daughters good friend was deported when he was in high school.

He was from Mexico. He’s now a pharmacist in Mexico…

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My daughters good friend was deported when he was in high school.

He was from Mexico. He’s now a pharmacist in Mexico…

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie
Your 2 daughters had 2 friends who got deported and became pharmacists twice ?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What a crappy thing to do.

But Marxists can't Marxist if people have freedoms of religion.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I guess being afraid of anything whatsoever in your home country, is only for the non-Christian POC to come on in forever.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So are we for DACA or aren't we!!!????!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

So are we for DACA or aren't we!!!????!!!

Lame.

To conflate the two is just wrong, and very childish.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
We homeschooled until fifth grade. Then we did Catholic school.
I didn't think I was going to do a good job homeschooling,
but we did great. Our daughter flourished. She ended up
skipping a grade, getting on the honor roll and becoming a
chemical engineer. Great socialization via three swim teams
and an art club. I highly recommend homeschooling.
Great experience.

Yes, I'm homschooling my son . He was homeschooled , last year, and now successfully went on to 7th grade

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's the courts, including the Supreme Court.

In January 2010, Immigration Judge Lawrence O. Burman approved the Romeikes' application for asylum, saying that the “family has a well-founded fear of persecution” by the German government for home-schooling.
The U.S. Department of Justice appealed the decision. The U.S. Board of Immigration Appeals revoked the family’s asylum status in May 2012 and issued a final order for their removal.

The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) represented the Romeike family at their appeal to the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. A three-judge panel ruled unanimously against the family, writing that they failed to show that Germany's enforcement of its school attendance law “amounts to persecution against them.”

The Supreme Court denied rehearing the Romeikes’ appeal.

www.tennessean.com...

edit on 2-10-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

This family has lived in the US for 12 years, never did anything wrong, and because they are white Christians they can't stay here. And you know it. I never see this push for non-white immigrants to be send back.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
The NAZI made the schooling law that says they have to go to school in 1938. Why would they do such a thing (rhethorical question).

However there is homeschooling going on but only on a smaller timescale when there are reasons like sickness or no school in the region willing to take in the kid because of grave misbehavior.

I was homeschooled for a bit more than two month, partly in the hospital and partly at home until I could manage the school visits physically myself and did not need medical attention every few hours. A teacher would visit, state approved.

But homeschooling in the sense it really means, not going to fly.

I'm not sure what you're going on about , but these kids were bullied very badly in school, so their parents wanted to homeschool them. As it's not legal in Germany (state wants to indoctrinate kids) , the parents had no choice but to flee to the US , where it is legal, and to seek asylum.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

this law-abiding family

... is going back to abide some German laws now?

Kinda funny tho, gotta give em that.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Try to find a non-bias posting of this story.

www.tennessean.com...

Apparently this goes back a ways. 13 years at least.

In January 2010, Immigration Judge Lawrence O. Burman approved the Romeikes' application for asylum, saying that the “family has a well-founded fear of persecution” by the German government for home-schooling.

Then...

The U.S. Department of Justice appealed the decision. The U.S. Board of Immigration Appeals revoked the family’s asylum status in May 2012 and issued a final order for their removal.

And then...

The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) represented the Romeike family at their appeal to the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. A three-judge panel ruled unanimously against the family, writing that they failed to show that Germany's enforcement of its school attendance law “amounts to persecution against them.”

Since then...

According to HSLDA, the family has been allowed to stay by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security under order of supervision and indefinite deferred action status.

Deferred action is “a discretionary determination to defer a deportation of an individual as an act of prosecutorial discretion,” according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Deferred action does not confer lawful status on an individual, and Homeland Security “is permitted to terminate or renew a grant of deferred action at any time based at its discretion.”

Really does seems arbitrary and pointed to randomly screw them over after 11 years of deferred status.

Mark my words: this will be a coup for the conservatives. There is no way in hell a law-abiding former asylum family that fits right in their community is gonna get kicked out.

If it was deliberate, now is a good time to say it was a technical error and let them freaking stay in Jesuslandia where they are happy.

There is no way the Bible belt is letting them get kicked out either. Not now. It would be pushed beyond conservative media if it was, and really piss off a large portion of the country.

But this is the type of story that is wanted by some on the right at the moment. The type of story that can be used to illustrate the persecution of Christian values by an increasingly irreligious and heretical country. It loudly states with varying levels of credulity:

"This is what the evil left in this country thinks of evangelical christianity!"

And about that... shades of truth and payback.

Somewhere in the hellfires of lex talionis and autodeification, the former castaways, shunned, dengenerates, and abominations may be saying....

"Not so fun with the shoe on the other foot, is it? Getting told theres only one true way you can think, and being coerced by an overbearing majority to do so under penalty? Does it feel like constant abuse? Because it's supposed to."

It's not really about upending God either, but more about upending the evangelical influence towards an absolute theocratic Christian Nation. To upend Christian Nationalism that wants to push a specific theogical conception. To lessen (not remove) the marks of holy roller sh*t and get them to go fly secular flags with the Methodists.
edit on 2-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Off course, I don't even bother mentioning what happens at our southern borders , we all know that. No problems there off course, this law-abiding family is a problem

So what is keeping this family from returning through the southern border? I know it’s probably not what they want to do, but maybe they should to prove a point.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

IDK what your problem is, I am not "going on about" anything.

I am PRO homeschooling, just saying.

I am from Germany if that escaped you. I just gave impression from my own experience with it and when it would be allowed and when not. Just reporting from the country you wrote about.
edit on 2.10.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is no comment on Germany's rule on no home schooling. If someone starts a topic on that, I'll offer opinions separately.

This is just about why the Romeikes are getting deported. They lost numerous cases in our courts that hinged on them proving they were persecuted, which is a prerequisite of seeking political asylum.

U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. A three-judge panel ruled unanimously against the family, writing that they failed to show that Germany's enforcement of its school attendance law “amounts to persecution against them.”

Link

This went really high up, all the way to our Supreme Court and the SC refused to hear the case.

I'm all for these people staying here if they feel more free here. I think Biden should grant them permanent residency, or the congress should.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join