It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food and Nostalgia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: shakerattle
It truly is amazing how certain foods can evoke powerful memories and emotions, transporting us back in time to moments and places from our past.

The combination of taste and smells are the most powerful.. It definitely hits some part of our memory that other things don’t!
And sound. Listening to Metallica's black album, will instantly bring me back to 18-19 years old .

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Cataplana - it's a Portuguese fish stew cooked in the eponymous pan.

But I only tried it last week.
Yes, and I'm already feeling nostalgic.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Eating the sardines.

Why sardine is popular at the moment; you get the healthy oils, and no pollutants like mercury or plastics.

The higher up the food-chain you go, and the bigger the fish, the more they ingest those pollutants.

So sardines is a very primary fish, at the bottom of the food-chain.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   
""Butternut" and "pizza".

Two words that don't go together.

Well, let's re-think that.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22
When I saw that picture, I thought "Ah yes, toffee apples", but on a second look they seem too small to be apples. It was the flat base that deceived me (if I was deceived), because I remember how the stall-holder next to Teignmouth pier would make up the apples in advance and stick them upside-down on the board in front of him.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yes, DISRAELI, for me, that flat ridge of red candy is what the nostalgia trip is all about.

I remember it being a real battle to find a chink in that blood-red armour, but once the wall was breached, it was a few chomps to the center. Nowadays, it can only remain a fond memory… the teeth have long-gone, perhaps a result of those childhood extravaganzas; just the apple alone is now a struggle.

Unfortunately, I missed visiting Teignmouth, if only I had known it harboured those fancy upside-down delights.

edit on 3/10/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Roanoke ...

What happened to the settlement?

edit on 3-10-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Man that's saucy.

i need some coffee.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Baking chocolate cheese cake.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join