It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Barbie Movie Isn't what it seems

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It is the exact same story as Biblical Lilith

Who causes a big problem when she leaves the garden of Eden, and refuses be subservient to Adam

Right down to her "creator" trying to help fix the problem

Barbie, is also the same story as Black Panther

What troubled me, is that love was portrayed as being something worthless and unimportant

Empowerment of a woman's identity is one thing ...

But presenting a couple that are, VERY LITERALLY, made for each other, as being better off by themselves?

edit on 24 9 23 by Compendium because: Added something

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

First half was good, and then you could tell there was this awkward conflict behind the scenes between Gerwig trying to hard to get some sort of revolutionary lefty message across while the movie dredged on with corporate product placement. I think GM got like 10 minutes of screen time.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Compendium
It is the exact same story as Biblical Lilith

Who causes a big problem when she leaves the garden of Eden, and refuses be subservient to Adam

Right down to her "creator" trying to help fix the problem

Barbie, is also the same story as Black Panther

What troubled me, is that love was portrayed as being something worthless and unimportant

Empowerment of a woman's identity is one thing ...

But presenting a couple that are, VERY LITERALLY, made for each other, as being better off by themselves?

I got something very different.

The most important love is self love. The love between Barbie and Ken is superficial and based on looks.
Ken was obviously in love with Barbie but it was not reciprocated. Are we saying that doesn’t matter?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Other than religious ideology, what is the use in anyone being blindly, mindlessly subservient to another?
I find that I'm safer and stronger when I have another pair of eyes in the crow's nest, scanning the parts of the horizon I'm not seeing.
Preaching that the "patriarchy" is still a valid enemy to be beat, is just as dangerous as male chauvinism anymore.
I'm just waiting for the over the top trans-activism and gender identity theology to accidentally inspire society to reach its logical conclusion:
that we should all be spiritually androgynous. Balance is better.

a reply to: Compendium

edit on 24-9-2023 by TheValeyard because: I misread your comment and had a kneejerk reaction

edit on 24-9-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Never played with Barbies. No interest in seeing the movie.
It got a lot of hype for some reason. I just don't see the appeal.

It’s pushed for all the same reason all brainwashing is hyped.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Katatonik
I did find this, it would appear the director took some inspiration from "The Truman Show"

Screen Rant Barbie Movie Director Consulted Truman Show Director

"The Truman Show is all about stepping outside of comfort zones to confront reality. Truman has lived his entire life in a literal bubble, surrounded by people who serve as paid actors in his own personal story. After encountering the truth, he could have elected to live his entire life within the lie. Instead, The Truman Show ends with Truman walking free, no longer bound to his island and having faced his fears.

Barbie shares that exact same story, as instead of returning to Barbieland and shunning the Real World, Barbie accepts the idea of pain, loss, and even outright death. She turns away from a life of dolls and instead explores a world that is not inhabited by toys and bright pink joy. Her existential crisis concludes with the idea that life is worth living even if loss is inevitable. Ken, too, finds a way to live without Barbie and without falling prey to the concept of the patriarchy."

Quoted from the article.

So basically same theme and concepts, just a different way to portraying it onscreen.

Good find and followup

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany
I wouldn't say it has any kind of depth to it, it's pretty straight forward in it's message, that is if you can read between the lines. No make that if you can read between the pink. Yeah, a bunch of PINK

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Interesting however i stand by if there is a movie that would make a person cry no matter color, creed, gender or age. It would be "Marley and me".reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gloomyloki43
Interesting however i stand by if there is a movie that would make a person cry no matter color, creed, gender or age. It would be "Marley and me".reply to: JAGStorm

I’ve watched that and totally didn’t cry.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I look at it this way. What would Macho Man Randy Savage think of this movie?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets

I look at it this way. What would Macho Man Randy Savage think of this movie?

I grew up watching Macho Man Randy Savage and I think he would freaking love this movie.
He was as flamboyant as they came!

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I picked up on that vibe too. The barbie world is a representation of the spiritual world. Spirits are connected to people in the real world, but also live in a world of their own. And actions in the real world impact the spiritual world for all the spirits to see. However what was flipped flopped was the people in Barbie world were clueless that changes were happening (minus Margot), yet that really happens in the real world-- people are clueless to the actions of spirits and spiritual changes, and all is very apparent to spirits.

I definitely recommend watching the movie, Margot Robbie is absolutely stunning. Simply gorgeous.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   

In another thread you said people fight because their race makes them fighters, a badge of honor you held close. now it’s shadow spirits manipulating mankind.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

My fave was in the wolf or Wall St

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: BlueJacket

My fave was in the wolf or Wall St

I liked that movie too.
I worked in a similar industry and if half the people knew of the excess involved in these industries, they would be even more furious about just the cost of living.

For example,
your rent for a month = a business dinner for 2
Your lifetime earnings = less than one business conference at a hotel
This was more common than people would believe, A flight to China, India, etc, for ONE in person meeting, and then
A flight back home, easily 20K for flights alone. Who flies half way around the world and then flies back next day, YOU’D be surprised!!!

Some people might think Wolf of Wall Street is an exaggeration, but would they be more shocked to know it’s worse?

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Never played with Barbies. No interest in seeing the movie.
It got a lot of hype for some reason. I just don't see the appeal.
My barbies would always end up missing their heads for some reason

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

"The Barbie Movie Isn't what it seems"...

It seems to be good (based on degenerative consensus) but it's actually quite basically just garbage.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I want to watch the movie but I refuse to spend money on it, soo I will wait when is available for free.

I love Margo, she is amazing actress, funny too, I loved barbies and always wanted one but my mother will not have any of that, never got a barbie for Christmas, but when I had my daughter, I bought every barbie that came for sale.

Never bought ken, just barbies.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I want to watch the movie but I refuse to spend money on it, soo I will wait when is available for free.

I love Margo, she is amazing actress, funny too, I loved barbies and always wanted one but my mother will not have any of that, never got a barbie for Christmas, but when I had my daughter, I bought every barbie that came for sale.

Never bought ken, just barbies.

It is already widely available for "free". It won't ever be "free" otherwise.
DM me if you want to "find" it.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I will also say, everyone is entitled to their opinion, however what can you really say about a movie that you haven’t watched. You can make a lot of assumptions.. that’s about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join