It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have Jenovah's Witnesses been Following me for Decades Across Three States?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStormMom said they never once asked for money.

Yeah, it's not really about raising money.

"Busywork" is a common form of controlling the followers in many groups. It doesn't even matter if anyone opens the door: the territories and quotas are a hamster-wheel of tasks for existing followers and gives them a shared sense of being on a "mission".

Also JWs are so obvious and in your face that most people will immediately reject them, but this actually helps the JWs because it reduces the time spent talking to people who would never convert. They want lonely and vulnerable people who are also open to the religious speak. So your mom really did mess with them by letting them in

It's similar to how Nigerian scam emails are usually implausible, ensuring only the gullible respond to them. (also related: never reply to scam emails for the same reason others mentioned you don't let the JWs in. You end up being on a list that's sold to other scammers)

Or my own experience with the Scientologists. I checked out their information booth in a park here once and they had the device with the tin cans and the needle that moves, the guy claimed it measures positive and negative thoughts. I asked him what the thing was called and he straight up said "It's the electropsychometer", at which point i was just speechless and left. To him using the full title probably made it sound more impressive and authoritative, but if he'd just said "it's the e-meter" it would have been less absurd. In any case, showing interested people THAT probably weeds a lot of skeptics out, only leaving likely targets.
edit on 20-9-2023 by Acragantas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Untun

I think your right. All they keep saying is that all the answers are in the bible? Huh?

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
All they keep saying is that all the answers are in the bible? Huh?

The Bible proves Jehovahs Witness' wrong on just about everything they preach.
They were just invented in 1872. Relatively speaking ... they are just a new cult.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: Waterglass

I guess that's one nice thing about being in the UK - I've never once had any religious nutjob come to my door peddling his fairy tales and other made up bullsh*t.

So far as I know, it's not the done thing here.

Hello noonebutme

I live not far out of Warrington and the JW have knocked on my door about five times in the last 10 years, they must have a base near me lol, anyway i soon get rid of them by babbling rubbish as they try to convert me, i have never let them in the house, but ye they do seem to be around.

All the best

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Imagine making a book saying the world hates you and then going door to door just to make real what is written down in it.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Used to be at least 3 times a month with Watch Tower BS.
The last time they came here i had No Trespassing Signs Up and
a 12 Gauge by the Front Door.
Haven't seen any of them in 8 years.
No i did not wave the gun or even pick it up
Just the Look on their Faces was Priceless.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Kind of an off cult. I wonder where they get all their money?

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun

Prophecy?
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Someone's tax write off?

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass why is this not in the rant forum? It should be moved, there’s no conspiracy here.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Is the conspiracy the woman with the large breasts? Tell us more about that, seems like the one part of your writing you were fully… engaged. Why else include such embarrassing details of insecurity and objectification around and of beautiful women?

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Why else include such embarrassing details of insecurity and objectification around and of beautiful women?
a reply to: ITSALIVE

Its has nothing to do about that its about the JW now trotting out beautiful women among their tribe to engage with prospective inductees into there cult. So I am pointing out as to the extremes they will go. You seem to be hung up and need to get out from the gutter.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Every single denomination of Christian believes all the other denominations are wrong.

Why is yours the right one?

edit on 9/27/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Why else include such embarrassing details of insecurity and objectification around and of beautiful women?
a reply to: ITSALIVE

Its has nothing to do about that its about the JW now trotting out beautiful women among their tribe to engage with prospective inductees into there cult. So I am pointing out as to the extremes they will go. You seem to be hung up and need to get out from the gutter.

Really? she was a normal woman allowed to do what she likes with life. You deciding she’s too beautiful to be doing what she is, kind of well frowned upon in society bud. It’s called objectification. You holding her “beauty” as proof of a group going to an extreme seems to be well… pretty sad and gross. Although it was entertaining to know how riled up her presence made you- such a well written piece.

A beautiful women talking to you, rare as you described never having such proximity, is no conspiracy. You also have an explanation, she was with the church, doing her job she signed up for. Just smile and enjoy the company.

edit on 28-9-2023 by ITSALIVE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Hello vistedbythem. Somehow I ended back up in this thread and reading through it came across your reply. I usually enjoy reading your comments because they are sincere and show a faith in God and a goodness in you.

It may be hard for some people to except that some teachings they have long held are not in the Bible. And that is understandable. And there is no point in arguing over anything. There is something I would like for you to consider, that many people don't. Jesus said that his true disciples would be evident by the love they show among themselves.

Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone practiced the form of Christianity that Jehovah's Witnesses do? War would no longer exist. Racism would be no more. There would be no more class distinctions, crime, thievery, hatred, genocides. The rich would help the poor out of love. Many of mankind's pressing problems would cease to exist. The way they practice what the Bible teaches has already solved all of those problems among themselves worldwide.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Were you on a ten speed OP?

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon

Were you on a ten speed OP?

Good point. 😆

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
maybe they think you know where the Baha'i community are

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
maybe they think you know where the Baha'i community are

<< 1  2    4 >>

join