It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have Jenovah's Witnesses been Following me for Decades Across Three States?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So how is it that I made the "list"? Its usually two guys in shirt and tie along with paper materials. For over ten years while living in New York I never opened the door. Then in Georgia they got me. I made the mistake of answering the door so I spoke with them and said politely that I am not interested. So now we live in South Carolina and I have since been contacted by two JW females. Somehow the 1st one got my phone number and I have no idea how she got it as it started as a text message. I since retired that phone number. But now they are showing up at my home unannounced as I am usually working in the front yard. However, this time they sent in the Jenovah's Witnesses varsity. Yep, a beautiful young thin black hottie who was obviously heavenly endowed by thy creator as I never have been that close @ 3' to bloobs the size of basketballs. Not even in a strip joint in my back in the day days did the girls have supersized bongos.

141 Rules. Things Jehovah’s Witnesses Can’t Do.

141 Rules

Ok, so I let her speak to hear her out. I didn't give out any personal information. So the last "followup" visit she sends her 70 year old crusty understudy guy. I will call him mumbles. I heard him out but then gave the JW a zinger. So I said so JW baited and switched me as first you send in the eye candy and now they send you and here I am listening to your bible smack. I told him that he's not as pretty as her and tossed out several lewd slurs. I think dum arse got the hint as he tried like hell to get my phone or email address.

So I did go onto their web site that he talked about. Big whoop. A bunch of useless gobbledygook gibberish. So I am done with them but if she ever returns I will let her in as she will get nothing from me other than I am in the public record as having been on CNN internationally and participated in Uncle Sam's see I eh "watcher" program as I showed her several pieces of paper. I will assume it was a come to Jesus moment for her as the expression on her face was priceless. I have been involved # that a shrink told me that over 99.9% of his patients would have committed suicide and he consoles Secret Service and FBI agents. That's why I use the stupid goat picture instead of a fox as my avatar. So JW, waste my time and I will blow your minds as it becomes a sport.

I play well in the sandbox but this has now reached that point of overextended harassment. I will send them to time out. So here are their rules? What no premarital sex, no french kissing? Phooey

As I said before what happens in the pig pen stays in the pig pen. Same goes for the barnyard!

Waterglass out
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

As an X JW, I can tell you they go door to door in every town and every city. They have little territory maps that they coordinate a canvass, then move on to the next territory. They have to keep a time card which they send to the head quarters in New York. Where they track the hours spent. If you don't meet the quotas your pretty much shunned.

And yes once you open the door and act friendly, they write down your address and notes then send it to whom they deem appropriate to follow up, cause they get extra points for bible studies and return visits. Now, i left the church 30 yrs ago so things might be different now. But i have cousins that live at the new york head quarters, who process the time cards.

So, dont open the door, and you should probably be rude.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I have this sign on my front porch. Very visible, no way you can miss it.

If someone knocks on the front door I know they're a stranger, because friends and family come through the gate to the back. When I answer the door and they start their spiel, I point to the sign and ask "Can you read ? "

When they say "Yes" I ask them "Do you think you're special and it doesn't apply to you ? ".

At that point, if they don't give up, the language gets pretty graphic. "Get the f**k off my property" is the nicest thing they'll hear. It gets much worse from there.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

When I move to a new place I usually get a visit, i tell them I'm a disfellowshiped evil slave, and if they want to go toe to toe with me on scripture and why they are wrong, I will. But that sends them scurrying and writing there little note, on the territory card.

They never bother me again. They are not allowed to talk to a disfellowshipped person. Their word for excommunication.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I had the same problem with JW's and Mormons the first few years I lived here. Never, ever engage in any form of polite conversation with them; they will mark you as 'possible convert'.

Even if you refuse to engage in any form of discussion, it won't deter them. They have their quota to fill, lest it anger their gods and they don't get to be a 'chosen one'.

I hung a sign on my door saying "I will not discuss religion or politics with you". I haven't had a door-knocker in close to 15 years now. I just wish it worked for the 'enhanced census takers'.
It took a lot of time to respond to every question with "I prefer not to answer".

I'm stealing your sign, DAVID64; it's much better than mine.

misskat1- That's good to know! Wish I had known that decades ago!

I'll never understand how a human being can abandon a family member over a personal belief, then twist the Word to support their forced rigid standards.
The amount of evil done throughout the ages in the name of God just astounds me.

edit on 200000077America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: ETA

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It’s pretty sad here on ats, seems preaching JW,com is suddenly acceptable though if I remember correctly, against t&c
Anyway, I always like to point out that they have issues with pedophiles and the “organisation” is looking after them
medium.com...@SylvianeNuccio/pedophilia-among-jehovahs-witnesses-an-epidemic-bbf69a1bd35d
They are amazing at denying the truth

My idea, pray for them like you were one of those crazy tv evangelists, loud and ranting, scare me so should give them a bit of concern

What is the worst thing, the missionaries don’t preach at people because they care, they have to or, some kind of punishment will come their way, here on earth or after

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   
They are always knocking.

Just the other week they posted a hand written letter through my letter box saying 'sorry we missed you when we knocked'.

I was in and at a loose end, they didn't knock. If they'd knocked I'd of invited them in and offered them a cup of tea and biscuits.

If they're willing to 'tell porkies' like that, why on earth would they expect anybody to listen to them full stop.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
International Registry available to worldwide membership: possible converts. You musta sometime listened to them...

You can rid them with a single word..."APOSTATE"... and they'll leap off your porch ( metaphor).

They cannot speak or be around an APOSTATE.

Have a good day!

edit on 09232930America/ChicagoTue, 19 Sep 2023 08:57:29 -050057202300000029 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I have the FUNNIEST JW story…..

My dad had dementia and Parkinson’s for around 20 years (Parkinson’s first)
Also keep in mind he was a high level military leader and was quite possibly the most stubborn person, absolutely unmovable.
🤣

I’m sorry I just can’t stop laughing when I think about this.

My mom would let the JW in once or twice a month so they could discuss JW stuff but what would happen is that my Dad would completely ignore what they were saying and HE would tell them all his ARMY stories. 🤣😂😭😂
This went on for TWENTY YEARS, TWENTY YEARS!!!!!!!
My mom just pretended she didn’t speak English, and the JW respected it if my dad didn’t feel well.
It was a way for him to have company to listen to HIS stories. Mom said they never once asked for money.

He told them he would never be a JW because he loved Christmas!

PS… that military training………..very difficult as he “escaped” hospitals, high care facilities.
Even though his mind was going, deep down he kept his military training and nobody could keep it.
It was funny yet exasperating for us.

edit on 19-9-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

However, this time they sent in the Jenovah's Witnesses varsity. Yep, a beautiful young thin black hottie who was obviously heavenly endowed by thy creator as I never have been that close @ 3' to bloobs the size of basketballs. Not even in a strip joint in my back in the day days did the girls have supersized bongos.

As above, so below? I mean how was her tush? LOL.

But on a more serious note, I worked in I.T. for some years and the system
administrator was a JW . He was even an "elder" in the church.
My desk was in the same room as his , and never once did he ever
proselytize . Then again, I had long hair and long beard back then,
and folks often called me Jesus. I think he may have been intimidated?
Anyway ,he was an easy to work with guy, and good at his job too.
He seemed like a normal dude, as far as I could tell.
edit on 19-9-2023 by RavenSpeaks because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Knocking on doors is part of their cult. We had to put up a sign in our front door to get them to stop coming all the time. Two different Kingdom Halls seemed to be fighting over us or something. One told me the sign on our door was illegal. I told him I'd put whatever the hell I wanted on my front door cuz' it's MY front door. I find their cult to be arrogant and bizarre in their beliefs and scripture interpretations.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yea, it's a pain. They stopped harrassing me when I told them that I'm not a Christian, I'm Roman Catholic riddled with evil Popery that might oooze out all over them and get up in their house with disease.

But hey, it's better to be shadowed by the JW's than it is to be constantly disturbed by the Black Eyed Kids, (BEKS). Now they are REALLY creepy! Never let them into your home; they seek to steal your soul and if they do, they leave your body an empty shell, a husk of pointlessness.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It's in response to Jesus' command to his followers at Matthew 28:19-20:

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

In the first century one of the main ways Jesus and his disciples witnessed to people was by going house to house, but that was by no means the only way. They preached the good news wherever people were, in public places and in private:

"While I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house."-Acts 20:20.

"And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.-Acts 5:42.

It is in fulfillment of Jesus prophecy concerning the last days:

"And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."-Matthew 24:14.

They proclaim publically the good news of God's kingdom. Many people do not even know what the kingdom is or what the good news is. This is due in large part to the fact that the religions of Christendom has blinded the minds of their followers so that they may not know what it is. Soon Jesus' kingdom government in heaven will come to earth and have God's will done on earth as it is in heaven. He will establish a righteous government of peace over all humankind. And there will be no more wars, no more hunger, no more sickness, no more death.

The best news possible!

It is as scripture says:

For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”-Romans 10:13-15.

As God foretold he would raise up a people for his name Jehovah and they would witness about him to all the nations before the end would come this is in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. One of many unfolding before the eyes of the nations in our day.

As someone above stated they do so in all the nations and island groups of the earth. Of course not in every nation are they free to do so. Many nations cruelly and viciously persecute them for their witness work, and throw them in prison, and many have been murdered over the past decades for this witness work they do in Jesus' and Jehovah's name.

Nazi occupied Europe was not by a long shot the only ones to viciously persecute and mercilessly murder them for their preaching work. Here is a recent example in Eritrea (start at 7:21):

Eritrea

You can ask them not to call again and they will make a note not to return. Once every so often, maybe a year or two an elder may return. That is for a number of reasons. People move. So maybe someone else lives in the place. Circumstances change. People who were once fierce opponents to the truth may have life-shattering changes and they may be more open to hear the good news. In fact many who once hated Jehovah and opposed his people have repented and now joyfully serve him along with all his servants.

edit on 19-9-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The sensual cosmic fantasy kingdom of free hugs and kisses feasting on your spinal column.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh, yeah. They send the triad. On hottie that is the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. One middle age matron in sensible shoes. One kid deathly afraid of cocker spaniels. What an incredible waste of a beautiful woman! it's just so sad. I never realized Moses would be my best protection against these guys.
edit on 9/19/2023 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I guess that's one nice thing about being in the UK - I've never once had any religious nutjob come to my door peddling his fairy tales and other made up bullsh*t.

So far as I know, it's not the done thing here.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I've posted before, but one night I drew some "symbols" on my porch, with the grandson's sidewalk chalk.

Next morning, JW boys showed up. Hubby met them on the porch. He shook their hands. They looked down at the porch while shaking his hand, and immediately turned around and left.

Have not been back to the house since.

Guess I am on another list.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

I guess that's one nice thing about being in the UK - I've never once had any religious nutjob come to my door peddling his fairy tales and other made up bullsh*t.

So far as I know, it's not the done thing here.

We had them, both in London and here in the Fenland.
They kept coming back until I showed them my inverted pentagram necklace with the S-rune for victory over it.

They didn't even know what it was and asked if I was Jewish.
I endarkened them with politeness and common sense and haven't heard back.

Harassing folks is rude, annoying and so up your own ass, it makes for good religious behaviour.
You won't see me trying so desperately to tell others what to believe in. I respect people if they leave me alone.

Yet plenty fall for religious advertising. Which is scary.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I've posted before, but one night I drew some "symbols" on my porch, with the grandson's sidewalk chalk.

I have an old twisty turny knobby broomstick by my door. I use it for spiders, but it seems to keep other pests away too.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join