It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Civilization

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

If I understand this correctly, the Emperor, aware that there was a religion spreading in the Empire was desiring to get an official definition of what that religion was. So he called a bunch of experts within the religion to define it authoritatively.

They met in Nicaea in AD 325.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
a reply to: pthena

Where the Holy Spirit is found, there is the civilization of Jesus.

Yes, but only for as long as the world/earth exists. The Bible tells us that God's ultimate plan is to live with mankind, whom He created. The earth has been corrupted, so He won't be living and ruling from here. For now we have to live among the corruption until Jesus returns and takes us to the place that He has prepared for us.

John 14:1-3

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Some did make representations that the religion should be based in Jerusalem as opposed to Rome but were accused of heresy.

The Bible told us long ago that the majority of the Jews will never accept Jesus as the Messiah. Two thirds will be cut off and only one third (the remnant) will be saved and come to know God. The Jews don't have "eyes to see" or "ears to hear" (meaning the Holy Spirit) to decipher their own Old Testament scripture for them. That is why Christianity could never be based in Jerusalem.

Zechariah 13:6-9 - 6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Some cults have ended-often in disaster, such as Heaven's Gate and Jim Jones, yet some still have large followings to this day.

I have had several experiences related to personality cults.

1) Brief membership in one of the New Apostolic Reformation cults led by an Apostle with "full apostolic authority" while in High School. I was out of that long before the Apostle died though. The cult then just blended in with the NAR.

2) Met and talked to Branch Davidians before Vernon Howell took over.

3) Worked with a guy who was once a C-130 Load Master who was there to clean up the Jim Jones mess.

4) Was a voting delegate to have Jim Jones removed from the directory of Pastors. A day late I'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: redchad
a reply to: Deetermined
Another example of have you ever been had lol.

Please explain why in Matthew 4 JC goes into the wilderness and meets the devil. Considering that Matthew wasn’t written till After 70 AD who told the author about this interesting story.

I don't think it's any secret that Christianity was preached by word of mouth by the disciples and spread the same way through the churches that they set up along their travels. According to what I've read, the author may have been from the church of Antioch.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I just try to know what to believe.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Untun

If it helps.
The last form of Christianity I preached could be called Barthian Neo-Orthodoxy.

Sort of a backlash to Liberalism, a sort of getting back to basics. Check out Karl Barth Dogmatics in Outline.

The thing is that I came to understand that the Liberals I knew in the congregation had a deeper wisdom than I did.

edit on 19-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I think this gives the best summary for why Nazareth is not mentioned in the Old Testament. As for the Talmud, they certainly aren't going to recognize anything related to Jesus because it would ruin Judaism's beliefs.

After Jesus and his parents leave Egypt...

Joseph does not go to his ancestral hometown (the place where the great King David came from) but, rather, to the backwater where he and Mary first departed years before. We are so used to hearing the names “Galilee” and “Nazareth” that we don’t recognize how they would have been received in Matthew’s day. They were nowhere, insignificant and backwards places. Galilee was a Gentile-infested area, hardly the place that a proper Jew would be. This perception becomes abundantly clear when Jesus begins his adult ministry.

davidould.net...

We already know that not much is written about the childhood of Jesus anyway. The only things of significance were his birth in Bethlehem and his death in Jerusalem.

You’re trying to fit square pegs into round holes! There is no evidence of Nazareth existing before the 4th century! Christians will never admit this because once they do the whole bible story falls apart. Here’s another piece of evidence for you.
The Peutinger map or "table" (Tabula Peutingeriana), is so-named for Conrad Peutinger, a 16th century German antiquarian and is currently held in Vienna. The map is actually a medieval copy (12th or 13th century) of a 4th century Roman original (it shows Constantinople, founded in the year 328). The whole world known to the Romans is represented, from Spain in the west to India in the east.
the map shows one site which had by this stage entered the Christian dreamscape – with all major Christian sites including the Mount of Olives The cartographer of this unique record named more than 3000 places. And guess what? – he does not mention Nazareth! I’m sorry but you’re book is not the truth it’s a control system of the Church of Rome and your trapped within it.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: redchad
a reply to: Deetermined
Another example of have you ever been had lol.

Please explain why in Matthew 4 JC goes into the wilderness and meets the devil. Considering that Matthew wasn’t written till After 70 AD who told the author about this interesting story.

I don't think it's any secret that Christianity was preached by word of mouth by the disciples and spread the same way through the churches that they set up along their travels. According to what I've read, the author may have been from the church of Antioch.

Basically you don’t know! You’re just guessing. You really have taken it all in.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Some did make representations that the religion should be based in Jerusalem as opposed to Rome but were accused of heresy.

The Bible told us long ago that the majority of the Jews will never accept Jesus as the Messiah. Two thirds will be cut off and only one third (the remnant) will be saved and come to know God. The Jews don't have "eyes to see" or "ears to hear" (meaning the Holy Spirit) to decipher their own Old Testament scripture for them. That is why Christianity could never be based in Jerusalem.

Zechariah 13:6-9 - 6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

That’s ok if you believe in the bible knowing full well it was created by the Holy Roman Empire to suit their needs and direction. Especially with Constantine declaring himself gods representative on earth lol

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

That's why we have Matthew, Mark, Luke & John often repeating the same events from different viewpoints. Regardless of who wrote what and when, they show a consistency in the message.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun

I just try to know what to believe.

Then do your research establish what the truth is and what’s make believe only you can find the answer. Look to the early followers of this new religion (I won’t call them Christians because they were mostly Jews in the beginning) look where there belief went after abandoning the Church of Rome.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Do you have a link to back up your description of the map?

One tiny little village gets left off of a map dating back to the 4th century and you want to claim that this makes the whole Bible and Christian message fall apart?! LOL!

I've got news for you. There are still several Middle Eastern countries who leave the entire country of Israel off of their maps to this day. The Muslims don't recognize Jews and the Jews don't recognize Jesus or Christianity.

In the meanwhile, I'll just leave this for you...

The Archaeology of Nazareth in the Early First Century

bibleinterp.arizona.edu...

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

That’s ok if you believe in the bible knowing full well it was created by the Holy Roman Empire to suit their needs and direction. Especially with Constantine declaring himself gods representative on earth lol

26 books of the Old Testament were written before Jesus came along. What purpose or need did the Romans have in collecting these books and incorporating them into a Bible, if not for the purpose of understanding how the books all reference each other to understand the purpose of Jesus Christ?

The Bible told us there would be many claiming to be Christ or "God's representatives", but that doesn't make it so. The Roman Catholics still claim that you have to be a member of their church in order to belong to the "one true church", but that doesn't make it so either. The Bible teaches us that God uses the saved and the unsaved to accomplish His will and to fulfill his plan for this world. Unfortunately, today's corrupt world is leading us straight to the tribulation that the Bible speaks of...all according to God's ultimate plan for us.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Then do your research establish what the truth is and what’s make believe only you can find the answer. Look to the early followers of this new religion (I won’t call them Christians because they were mostly Jews in the beginning) look where there belief went after abandoning the Church of Rome.

Once again, all foretold in the Bible...

John 15:18-21

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.

But ultimately, in the end, Jesus said that the gates of hell would never prevail against His church in Matthew 16. So, here we are today with Christianity still having the largest number of followers in the world no matter how many people try to tear it down.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I found something on my newsfeed.

Survey: Two-Thirds of White Evangelicals, Most Republicans Sympathetic to Christian Nationalism

WASHINGTON (February 8, 2023) — A major new national survey conducted jointly by Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) and the Brookings Institution finds nearly two-thirds of white evangelical Protestants qualify as either Christian nationalism adherents (29%) or sympathizers (35%), and more than half of Republicans are classified as adherents (21%) or sympathizers (33%). This is a marked contrast from the 1 in 10 Americans as a whole who adhere to the tenets of Christian nationalism and the 19% who are sympathetic.

The report sheds light on the threat Christian nationalism poses to American democracy, reveals the drivers of support for this worldview, and explores how these beliefs intersect with other ideologies such as anti-Black racism, anti-immigrant views, antisemitism, anti-Muslim attitudes, and patriarchal gender roles.

“Christian nationalism is a new term for a worldview that has been with us since the founding of our country — the idea that America is destined to be a promised land for European Christians,” says Robert P. Jones, Ph.D., president and founder of PRRI. “While most Americans today embrace pluralism and reject this anti-democratic claim, majorities of white evangelical Protestants and Republicans remain animated by this vision of a white Christian America.”

Pretty good read, violence, authoritarianism.

Further, Christian nationalism supporters display significantly more fondness for authoritarianism. While only about 3 in 10 Americans (28%) agree that “because things have gotten so far off track in this country, we need a leader who is willing to break some rules if that’s what it takes to set thing right,” half of Christian nationalism adherents and nearly 4 in 10 sympathizers (38%) support the idea of an authoritarian leader.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Once again, all foretold in the Bible...

John 15:18-21

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.

But ultimately, in the end, Jesus said that the gates of hell would never prevail against His church in Matthew 16. So, here we are today with Christianity still having the largest number of followers in the world no matter how many people try to tear it down.

Don’t you get it? Lol you’re quoting the book the Church of Rome put together lol. As for the Old Testament that wasn’t added to the bible till the 4th century. And most of that has been mistranslated lol. For example Angel! The word angel derives from the Greek angelos, meaning "messenger. There is nothing devine about a messenger.Same as the virgin birth it has been discovered that in the original Hebrew text the word “ha-almah” was used, a word similar to the English “young” or “maid”. The mistranslation occurred when this text was translated into Greek, where the word “parthenos” meaning virgin is used. The Hebrew word for virgin is “bethulah” and cannot be found anywhere in the original Hebrew text, meaning that the original writer did not intend for it to be read as “virgin” but as “young” girl. Don’t you get it yet the Church of Rome and their book have strung you along massively. You need to look at the belief system the early followers of JC and follow there path instead of promoting the Church of Rome.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Don’t you get it yet the Church of Rome and their book have strung you along massively. You need to look at the belief system the early followers of JC and follow there path instead of promoting the Church of Rome.

Do you have some references or key words for us to look up?

I've already mentioned the Didache and Gospel of Thomas has been linked to.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I don't know what you're going on about.

Even angels in the Bible say that they are mere messengers and servants to the Lord.

As for the word "virgin" in the Bible being mistranslated from Hebrew to Greek, where did you get that nonsense? The original New Testament that tells the birth story of Jesus WAS ORIGINALLY written in Greek.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Survey: Two-Thirds of White Evangelicals, Most Republicans Sympathetic to Christian Nationalism.

That's scary.

If the authoritarian worst case scenario of compulsory adherence to Christian Doctrine ever comes to pass, and it has to be a fascist, "strength through unity, unity through faith" type thing, I'm going to Scandanavia. It's gone and not worth fighting for at that point.

Sweden may be technically Lutheran, but I think it's a name only thing, because Sweden is the least religious country according to a 2023 Gallup poll. Nordic culture is also incredibly permissive with devil themes. It's like all their music.

Kinda catchy devil music though. Maybe it's a Satan Civilization.

Elize Ryd. ❤️❤️❤️
edit on 19-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join