It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerosmena cargo airship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I've come across this a couple of times but have not see any post about it , This could explain the big triangles and other UFO sightings

It would be silent I bet The Twitter link has an article from the global aviator So it looks like a real thing

Twitter link
edit on 10-8-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Sure...
That's a pretty graphic..

Imagine those cables in a brisk wind and the ship is a slightly rough ocean..

If pretty graphics were enough to build a project, elan musk would be on Mars with his colony

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Sure...
That's a pretty graphic..

Imagine those cables in a brisk wind and the ship is a slightly rough ocean..

If pretty graphics were enough to build a project, elan musk would be on Mars with his colony

Depending on the power of its propulsion system, an LAV (Lighter than Air Vehicle) can fly and handle cargo transfers much the same as a helicopter. Under similar constraints.

Your observation regarding "pretty graphics" is, however, correct.

I will note, however, that the pictured vehicle's lenticular design would afford it improved aerodynamics over the typical blimp/dirigible "fat cigar" shape.
edit on 10-8-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It looks like they are doing there's a ton of info on it

Russian airship manufacturer Aerosmena is to launch its lenticular-shaped 600 tonne payload airship in 2024.

The aircraft has been designed to perform transport and logistics tasks regardless of ground infrastructure with no need for ports, roads, waterways, airports, airfields, railways, hangars or runways. Aerosmena said the “flying saucer” design will make the airship easier to manoeuvre and landing in a crosswind than other airship projects which use a more traditional elongated hull shape.

The Airship Initiative Design Bureau Aerosmena (AIDBA) develops large payload transport airships. AIDBA is headed by the experienced Russian aircraft designer Orfey Kozlov.

The concept of the Aerosmena airship is based on the principle of thermal ballasting and advanced steering and piloting system. The designers of the AIDBA operate with aerodynamic characteristics lenticular airship which was created from the results of wind tunnel studies and standard systems of mathematical modelling.

Payloads from 20 to 600 tonnes

Aviaton Industry Hub

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

They are launching in 2024, which is only six months away, and they didn't even show a mock up or a functioning prototype.
I'm going to be in the ill believe it when I see it camp on this one.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I saw this same concept in a 70's edition of Popular Mechanics. It didn't happen then and I have my doubts about it happening now.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The main problem with this is weight transfer. How is it going to compensate for the sudden loss of several tones of weight when dropping off cargo containers. A helicopter does it by controlling the lift of the main rotor. This will have to quickly dump a lot of lift gas to not just suddenly shoot off up into the sky when the cargo is let go. I am sure you all have experienced this as that pretty balloon just goes up and up after you accidently let it go. If it were at a cargo terminal, they could pump water in as it was unloaded and then back out as it was loaded again. Attaching it to the goround would just rip it apart when empty with way too much lift for the structure.

The handling of cargo in the way it is shown is totally impractical.
edit on 10-8-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

Dumping lift gas is one way, although crude.

A better way is to pump the "excess" gas via compressors into onboard storage tanks.

On board pumps could also be used (and likely are) to upload seawater to compensate for offloaded cargo.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Compressors are too slow, too heavy and require too much energy to run to be effective in an airship. The water pumps are also too heavy and take too much energy to be on the airship. You are expecting to have a fireboat in position when unloading anything? Loading will not be a problem except for the crew of the sinking ship when the airship drops all that ballest water on it.

You can't drop ballest before lifting or after lifting. It has to be during lifting and the lifting has to be over the platform that the cargo is on. You don't need a bigger boat, you will need a bigger umbrella.
edit on 10-8-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join