It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll probably get in trouble here for this! 150 Hour Cake

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think I've noted before that my wife is a classically trained 'Chef' and culinary graduate, and her area of specialization is baking. She also loves chocolate. When I say she loves chocolate, I don't mean like other humans; she likes chocolate on a whole other level than us mere mortals.

So, the other day was her B'day, and she said she wanted to make a chocolate cake. (I was more than willing to buy her a B'day cake, but noooooo). She searched to the end of the Interwebz and found this thing called a... "One Hundred and Fifty Hour Chocolate Cake"
I kid you not, that is the actual name of this thing!

This cake was orignally made by this French chocolatier and baker. At first, I just thought the name was a play on words, but NOOOOooooo! This cake took an entire week to make! You read that right...an entire week!!!

Now, here's the part where I'm probably going to get in trouble. I can't post the recipe, and the reason I can't post it is because the Chef who made this thing didn't post it, and about 50 other Chef's have spent years trying to figure out how to make this thing. So, my wife's version of this cake was a conglomeration of about 50 other Chef's efforts over about two decades.

When you think of "Chocolate", this cake rolls around laughing. When you think of a "LOT of Chocolate", this cake is snorting and smacking it's 'leg'. When you think of..."more chocolate than you could possibly even imagine"...this cake curses and scoffs at you in French! If you started making this cake by giving yourself a dark chocolate enema until chocolate shoots out of your ears, you still wouldn't be even close! And I'm not kidding either!

This cake is made with chocolate infused with coffee, soaked in chocolate for days, baked into thin layers each then infused with more chocolate and coffee infusion, each lather then separated with a chocolate mousse, and then iced with chocolate mousse icing and THEN...topped with a chocolate ganache.

I am absolutely NOT kidding when I say this cake took 6 entire days...DAYS...to make!

The cake is 8" in diameter, and it has (14) bars of 65% cocoa semi-sweet dark chocolate in it (46 oz.), over a dozen eggs, and more other ingredients than you can shake a stick at.

Now, for my part, I am not anywhere near that much of a Choco-holic, so it was so far over the top rich for me that one bite almost put me in a coma, but I just had to share this cake with y'all because I've never heard, nor seen, such a cake. I have to say that when it was done it was a true masterpiece, and I was very impressed (at the sheer effort if nothing else).

Now, if someone really wants this recipe, my wife did write it down (I think), and I will post it, but I only ask this... It will be a lengthy recipe which will take some time to post, so unless you really want it (like to actually make this thing), then don't ask me to post it...please.

No lie...a 150 Hour Chocolate Cake!

Unbelievable!!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Here's a visual!

My teeth hurt just looking at that masterpiece!

⭐+πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:21 AM
link   

My will is in order. My affairs settled.

Notify my next of kin. Have the paramedics standing by.

Hold my rum, I'm going IN!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   
My 2 favorite food groups
Chocolate and coffee .
Forget meats , vegetables , and fruits , etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It's weird I've lost most of my sweet tooth but I got a thing for chocolate specifically dark chocolate.

This makes my microwaved dark chocolate mug brownie I was completely satisfied with now seem monumentally inadequate.

Bucket list item, buy a 150-hour chocolate cake, cause I damn sure aren't taking 150 hours to make one.

Hell, I'm gonna go back to sleep with that picture in my mind,

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Happy birthday to Mrs FCD, i'm not really a chocolate fan but that looks and sounds the business.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I can feel the sugar heating my blood just reading that post. lol

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Thanks! That's pretty much exactly what it looks like too. She elected to leave off the chocolate pieces on the outside, that was just too over-the-top (even for her!).

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh, and BTW...if anyone watched the video posted by Eternal Shadow, it shows the brown butter and Honey Bourbon mixture process. Well, there was some left over, and I tried it! OH MAN!! You could serve that S* at a high end bar and make millions on it as a cocktail!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The cake must be really good tasting....but healthwise I question whether it is good. Maybe if you had a two inch by two inch piece maximum, it might be neutral healthwise

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The cake must be really good tasting....but healthwise I question whether it is good. Maybe if you had a two inch by two inch piece maximum, it might be neutral healthwise

Life is too short to not risk....

"Death By Chocolate"!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Awesome

That sounds delightful you lucky lucky man lol

All the best

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
How many hours to eat it? Lol

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I ask God for a sign as to why I have never been thin. And here it is. I am going to do this once I am 100 percent healthy again.

a reply to: EternalShadow

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"This cake was orignally made by this French chocolatier and baker. At first, I just thought the name was a play on words, but NOOOOooooo! This cake took an entire week to make! You read that right...an entire week!!!"

I can hear the Noooooooo's over here and am still grinning. That being said, try to please a chef with something someone else made. It like making your Mom's meatloaf FOR your mom. It just doesn't work. Luck to you in your future adventures.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolf8740

Oh trust me...I was NOT the one trying to make this cake!!!! It was my wife who made it.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   

top topics

join