It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden calls up US military reserve units to deploy to active duty in Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Funny that you know more than the actual people at the Pentagon that are saying differently.

No need to attribute intelligence to me that I do not possess. I'm many things, however illiterate isn't one of them.

Again, without the media filter:

In accordance with section 12304(f) of title 10, United States Code, I am providing notice that I have authorized the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Department of the Navy, to order to active duty members and units of the Selected Reserve and appropriately designated Individual Ready Reserve members, without the consent of the member concerned, pursuant to 12304(a) of title 10, United States Code. Reserve mobilizations under this authorization are not to exceed 3,000 total members at any one time, of whom not more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve. These Reserve Component forces are to augment the active forces for Operation Atlantic Resolve to enhance the United States’ ability to sustain its heightened level of presence and operations in support of United States European Command.

A copy of the Executive Order I have issued is enclosed.

Straight from the puppets mouth.

Now, regarding:

It is currently unclear whether and when any reserve units will be deployed.

Not the point. The point is that they are not active. Which clearly isn't an indication of de-escalation nor is it in line with Bidens past words to the public....like the cluster munitions.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Perfect song for the occasion.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
a reply to: JinMI

this is madness! just shear madness! we are inviting disaster. he is a madman!

Either it's complete madness, or we have been lied to about the Russian threat for decades, or hopefully, our intelligence has rock-solid evidence Russia will/would backdown.

edit on 13-7-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Except that the President doesn’t order troops anywhere. He authorizes them, and the Pentagon decides who and where. And according to the Pentagon, who actually knows who and where, the 3,000 troops are simply available if EUCOM requests them to assist. They aren’t simply sending 3,000 troops anywhere. But you keep screaming that they’re sending more troops and that it’s WWII since you know more than everyone else.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In a real sense, I think this means that the Ukraine is losing and losing badly and this is a way to send confidence to Poland and the others.

Sadly, it seems that in supporting this endeavor we have weakened ourselves beyond admission.

Sadly to get on a war footing its going to take several months of propaganda to make those that live off the government tit understand that now they have to be drafted to keep eating.

Even so, I am still confused why any civillian type in the USA gives any poops about the Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

And again, as it seems you are hellbent on making strawmen.

In accordance with section 12304(f) of title 10, United States Code, I am providing notice that I have authorized the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Department of the Navy, to order to active duty members and units of the Selected Reserve and appropriately designated Individual Ready Reserve members, without the consent of the member concerned, pursuant to 12304(a) of title 10, United States Code. Reserve mobilizations under this authorization are not to exceed 3,000 total members at any one time, of whom not more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve. These Reserve Component forces are to augment the active forces for Operation Atlantic Resolve to enhance the United States’ ability to sustain its heightened level of presence and operations in support of United States European Command.

A copy of the Executive Order I have issued is enclosed.

Also a link the the OP

He authorizes them, and the Pentagon decides who and where.

Don't care, not the topic.

And according to the Pentagon, who actually knows who and where, the 3,000 troops are simply available if EUCOM requests them to assist.

Cool, now why did Biden suddenly "authorize" them after the NATO summit, Zelensky and Hellsinki meetings....?

They aren’t simply sending 3,000 troops anywhere. But you keep screaming that they’re sending more troops and that it’s WWII since you know more than everyone else.

So you're telling me Biden just out of the blue made this EO, and no history or nuance need be applied to the context?

Seriously?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 09:20 PM
link   

He authorized them because other units that are in Europe may be moved elsewhere, to do other things. So they made other units available to replace them if they need to.

And no, I’m not making strawmen, and yes it’s totally relevant that the President doesn’t move troops anywhere. But since you’re going to keep making mountains out of molehills and screaming WWIII, I’m done trying to argue with you. You’re obviously the smartest in the room, so you’re right and anyone that doesn’t agree with you is wrong. So keep screaming WWIII. You might be able to stop it!

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

He authorized them because other units that are in Europe may be moved elsewhere, to do other things. So they made other units available to replace them if they need to.

By your words, and is backed up with outside sources, those troops are to be replaced anyway. Even though it's not clear and I can see an argument for an additional 3000 troops to the existing 3000 troops. Depending on how one wanted to argue the term "augment."

Now, you've already made clear your position that there is not a troop shortage. So, where are the existing troops going? Why is it on the heels of the NATO summit and Zelensky meeting?

And no, I’m not making strawmen

This you?

But you keep screaming that they’re sending more troops and that it’s WWII since you know more than everyone else.

I’m done trying to argue with you.

I accept your concession. I will also remind you that it was you who entered the thread with countering claims and arguments.

We are almost a decade into this nonsense with Ukraine and Russia. Forgive me for not believing that "there is nothing to see here."

You do you baboo.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Ever since Russia invaded Ukraine, there has been no de-escalation of conflict. In fact, it's been the exact opposite. Anyone with eyes open can see what this buildup is leading to.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

In many regards I’ve thought we’ve been dancing on the line.

The cluster bombs, and if this materializes makes me worried about what’s next.

Zelenskyy is upset because the promised Abram tanks, and the Polish fighter jets, are not yet in Ukraine.

Maybe its easier to "promise" than it is to "deliver" military hardware?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A Perspective:

This is not good. Apparently, the 20,000 additional troops sent to Europe last year bringing the total to 100,000 are not enough.

Earlier today Joe Biden signed an order activating 3,000 reserve troops to be ready for deployment as part of Operation Atlantic Resolve.

The president’s order also for the first time designates Operation Atlantic Resolve, the U.S. effort in Europe, as a contingency operation, which allows the Pentagon to call up reserve forces and implement sped-up acquisition authorities to supply those troops with equipment.
More at: theconservativetreehouse.com...-248818

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I knew that soon there would be American boots on the ground in Ukraine.

I was right, again.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
I knew that soon there would be American boots on the ground in Ukraine.

I was right, again.

Well to be fair, thats not a high bar.

Afterall Biden specifically said that there wouldnt be.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

this is madness! just shear madness! we are inviting disaster. he is a madman!

Indeed!

Biden Authorizes Military to Call Reservists to Active Duty to Support Ukraine War
Inside Scoop: www.breitbart.com...

If the GOP still needs a good reason to Impeach the criminal, they now have way more than enough to begin the impeachment inquiry. (Inquiry is to determine if an actual impeachment needs to happen)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Just logged in to say:

MmmHmm.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Let's have a look at what the Canadian prepper take on things are today. If we are clear the buildup is on the Eastern front, Is nothing but a buildup of troops on Russian borders in an attempt to invade. Good luck with thAt.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I seem to remember another democrat POTUS escalating a training assistance mission into a meat grinder for Americans. His name was LBJ. It was known as Viet Nam.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Let's have a look at what the Canadian prepper take on things are today. If we are clear the buildup is on the Eastern front, Is nothing but a buildup of troops on Russian borders in an attempt to invade. Good luck with thAt.

Not saying or suggesting this isn't concerning, but perhaps the Canadian prepper ought to switch to decaf.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Is that info from CanadianPrepper and his daily white house briefings

edit on 14-7-2023 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And no, I’m not making strawmen, and yes it’s totally relevant that the President doesn’t move troops anywhere. But since you’re going to keep making mountains out of molehills and screaming WWIII, I’m done trying to argue with you. You’re obviously the smartest in the room, so you’re right and anyone that doesn’t agree with you is wrong. So keep screaming WWIII. You might be able to stop it!

Not arguing here with you Zaphod but just seeking clarification, if this is routine and happens all the time, how come we don't hear about the President authorizing troops to go here or there all the time? It certainly seems like he is flicking
Putin's nose here, how crucial can 3000 troops be? seems like a whole bunch of forced international diplomacy. Or is this part of nobody f---s with a Biden?

Is this administration playing up a routine troop movement to rattle Putin? Is this just American window-dressing for Zelensky after the NATO snub?

These are all legitimate questions considering the current situation in Ukraine, are they not?

Hell, I'm still searching for the legitimacy of this pic below

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join