It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden calls up US military reserve units to deploy to active duty in Europe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh sure, it's probably just a coincidence that the cluster bombs, F-16's are being sent.

Apologies for being silly.

War is peace.

Insects are the new meat.

Slavery is freedom.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

apparently their not going to be deployed yet.

It’s not clear whether the troops will actually be deployed, but it suggests the U.S. military presence in Europe is under strain.

While the move gives the military’s European Command “greater flexibility” to defend the continent, it will not change the actual force levels in Europe, Capt. Bill Speaks, a spokesperson for U.S. European Command, said in a statement.

Biden orders 3,000 reservists to be ready for Europe deployments

i'm thinking it's gonna be training units and support units if any go.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Okay, now the FUN question. . .

How many troops that were supposed to come home or rotate out just got new orders?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
When the National Guard is activated wake me up, that’s when the S will HTF.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with a troop shortage.

Per the EO:

In accordance with section 12304(f) of title 10, United States Code, I am providing notice that I have authorized the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Department of the Navy, to order to active duty members and units of the Selected Reserve and appropriately designated Individual Ready Reserve members, without the consent of the member concerned, pursuant to 12304(a) of title 10, United States Code. Reserve mobilizations under this authorization are not to exceed 3,000 total members at any one time, of whom not more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve. These Reserve Component forces are to augment the active forces for Operation Atlantic Resolve to enhance the United States’ ability to sustain its heightened level of presence and operations in support of United States European Command.

A copy of the Executive Order I have issued is enclosed.

This makes it sound like it may be an addition, or augmentation to the current 3000.

Link

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Funny how everyone that’s freaking out about cluster bombs being sent were totally silent when Russia used them. Despite theirs having a much higher failure rate, and leaving more bomblets.

As for the F-16s, you can’t squeeze water from a rock. Just about all the available MiG-29s have been sent, and Ukraine still needs replacement aircraft. So where are you going to magically produce MiG-29s in a matter of weeks?

But yeah, NATO and Europe are desperate and that’s the only reason they’re sending that equipment.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Okay, now the FUN question. . . How many troops that were supposed to come home or rotate out just got new orders?

in the article i posted it says that if / when sh@@ gets deep NATO said it would send in 300,000 troops. how many from where is not said.
but we all know that the U.S. always foots the biggest bill involving NATO and the UN, so it's a safe bet where most will come from.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I’ll type it slowly, again.

The. National. Guard. And. Reserves. Perform. Over. Half. The. Mission. Of. The. US. Military.

That means that they deploy as necessary to replace, and do the same mission as Active Duty troops.

The Army was the worst off in FY22, missing their goals by 15,000 troops. The military has gone through shortfalls in the past and got through them. The 1970s, after the draft ended was worse.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Funny how everyone that’s freaking out about cluster bombs being sent were totally silent when Russia used them. Despite theirs having a much higher failure rate, and leaving more bomblets.

As for the F-16s, you can’t squeeze water from a rock. Just about all the available MiG-29s have been sent, and Ukraine still needs replacement aircraft. So where are you going to magically produce MiG-29s in a matter of weeks?

But yeah, NATO and Europe are desperate and that’s the only reason they’re sending that equipment.

Well, yah know, contrary to what other posters state, I'm not a Russian shill.

Putin won't even take my calls.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Other folks have tried to call this out in the thread but that doesn't seem to matter. After all this is ATS 2023 where narrative and hyperbole matter more than facts or truth.

Still I find it Interesting that the source article and original post fail to mention this tiny piece of relevant info, "

Since April 2014, U.S. Army Europe and Africa has led the Department of Defense's Atlantic Resolve land efforts.

www.europeafrica.army.mil...#:~:text=Atlantic%20Resolve&text=Since%20April%202014%2C%20U.S.%20Army,Defense's%20Atlantic%20Resolv e%20land%20efforts.

edit on 13-7-2023 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I’ll type it slowly, again.

The. National. Guard. And. Reserves. Perform. Over. Half. The. Mission. Of. The. US. Military.

I'm sorry, were you trying to make a point? This point wasn't in question, even though the EO makes explicit mention of such.

The Army was the worst off in FY22, missing their goals by 15,000 troops. The military has gone through shortfalls in the past and got through them. The 1970s, after the draft ended was worse.

But you just said:

It has nothing to do with a troop shortage.

Why should I listen to your opinions again?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Dang. Double dang !! Send your grandchildren along with the politicians kids to the front line first before you send any of our kids boomer. a reply to: 1947boomer

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   

And yet you’re the one claiming that since the Reserves and Coast Guard is involved it means there’s a troop shortage.

Low recruitment numbers doesn’t mean there is an instant troop shortage. There are still over 450,000 troops in the Army alone. That’s plenty to perform any mission required.

edit on 7/13/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Low recruitment numbers doesn’t mean there is a troop shortage. There are still over 450,000 troops in the Army alone. That’s plenty to perform any mission required.

Again, the EO says "are to augment." as in change the existing. And it doesn't mention Army. It says Reserves, NG and CG.

You shouldn't, however I'm not claiming matters of fact that are easily up for debate and have reasonable doubt.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

"Everyone" is a gross overstatement. All due respect, I personally don't care about Russia AT ALL! Or U-fkn-krane for that matter! The average American doesn't give two 💩's either. Just look at recruitment......yeah, nobody's interested in fighting BS conflicts that only enrich the MIC and their buds. There's more to it than that but that's what Vets are telling their kids! You better believe it!

I care about what America does, as should every American but again, the average American doesn't give two 💩's about what's really important.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It also doesn’t say that anyone is going to Europe. It simply says that they are available if NATO decides they need them. And using Reserves, from whatever branch is still totally normal.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It also doesn’t say that anyone is going to Europe. It simply says that they are available if NATO decides they need them. And using Reserves, from whatever branch is still totally normal.

I suppose I'll post the EO again, as it doesn't seem to be resonating.

In accordance with section 12304(f) of title 10, United States Code, I am providing notice that I have authorized the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Department of the Navy, to order to active duty members and units of the Selected Reserve and appropriately designated Individual Ready Reserve members, without the consent of the member concerned, pursuant to 12304(a) of title 10, United States Code. Reserve mobilizations under this authorization are not to exceed 3,000 total members at any one time, of whom not more than 450 may be members of the Individual Ready Reserve. These Reserve Component forces are to augment the active forces for Operation Atlantic Resolve to enhance the United States’ ability to sustain its heightened level of presence and operations in support of United States European Command.

A copy of the Executive Order I have issued is enclosed.

Go argue with Biden, it's not my EO and I certainly didn't write it.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't know if this means much.
I live in north central NC. I'm kinda in a flight path to Norfolk Virginia.
I just observed 6 Chinooks fly overhead heading that direction. Maybe something maybe not. Just wanted to share.
I hear planes, jets and helicopter periodically, this was a convey for sure, destination unknown.
I pulled up my air traffic app and they wasn't being depicted. I've have observed other military aircraft before and seen them. These ones weren't.
I just thought I'd share this observation with ATS friends.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – President Joe Biden signed an executive order Thursday that makes as many as 3,000 American reservists available to go to Europe in support of NATO efforts amid the ongoing war in Ukraine.

The Pentagon stressed the order doesn’t simply send 3,000 more troops to Europe, but rather it only makes reservists available to go if EUCOM decides they’re needed. For example, Sims said commanders in Europe might decide a Reserve unit is better suited to handle certain tasks than active-duty troops who are already there.

www.stripes.com...#:~:text=WASHINGTON%20%E2%80%93%20President%20Joe%20B iden%20signed,the%20ongoing%20war%20in%20Ukraine.

” These Reserve Component forces are to augment the active forces for Operation Atlantic Resolve to enhance the United States’ ability to sustain its heightened level of presence and operations in support of United States European Command," Biden argued in a letter to Congress. It is currently unclear whether and when any reserve units will be deployed.

apa.az...

Funny that you know more than the actual people at the Pentagon that are saying differently.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

I don't think that they will allow the BRICS to bypass the dollar. It would mean an instant drop in its buying power and a devaluation to a backcountry promissory note which is a massive drop in wealth.. Russia if not involved with the Great Reset must be thinking about either a first strike to decapitate the enemy. Or a long grinding war of attrition with the countries involved. Hit America with a quick strategic attack, would be a policy that must be gaining some traction. It is a dangerous game to be playing but would be in line with a depopulation agenda, as heavily inhabited cities would take the brunt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join