It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa is a mess

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Sounds a tad, insular?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Sounds a tad, insular?

Well we don't have enough time, energy, or money, to fix the whole planet, so I don't feel badly about taking care of home first.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Sounds a tad, insular?

Well we don't have enough time, energy, or money, to fix the whole planet, so I don't feel badly about taking care of home first.

Not only that, but Africa is not our problem in the states. It was the European colonial powers that carved it up and messed with it long ago. If it's anyone's problem to fix beyond the natives', then it would be theirs. Although I think you'll find that the Middle East has a bit of influence in the affairs of the continent as well since they were also influential players in the slave trades if not in actual colonial play although they were certainly into North Africa.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
A thread of mine from back in 2010.
Ostensibly about Zimbabwe but it touches on the situation in South Africa from back then.

Some great contributions from our resident Saffer holfoldman.

It would help if I included the link!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems I was in that conversation too, and here was one of my posts about holfoldman "Very interesting insight my friend."

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

"Well we don't have enough time, energy, or money, to fix the whole planet, so I don't feel badly about taking care of home first."

You seem to have tried to do just all that for quite a while now?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

"Well we don't have enough time, energy, or money, to fix the whole planet, so I don't feel badly about taking care of home first."

Yes. Unfortunately, I have worked in situations for far too long where there were no available resources for Americans, yet magically there were resources for people from other countries that were "undocumented".

For many years we have sent money to assist people in other countries while Americans have been overlooked or ignored.

Maybe I am a bit biased and overly sensitive, but I have to deal with these issues up close and personal, so I am not apologizing, and I fully accept whatever label you choose to place on me.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I wonder what he has to say on the matter now after all these years?

I suspect he'll have a far more qualified viewpoint that the vast majority of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It's always easier to point at what your neighbor is or isn't doing than it is to examine your own backyard.

Think about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Not only that, but Africa is not our problem in the states. It was the European colonial powers that carved it up and messed with it long ago. If it's anyone's problem to fix beyond the natives', then it would be theirs.

The colonial associations ended decades ago. Maybe it's time that Africans stopped blaming others for their inability to govern. Although, there are a handful of countries that seem to be doing well, but mostly Africa is one vast basketcase.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
So we see wash, rinse, repeat with communists stirring up tribes against any predominantly White governments claiming them to be outside oppressors despite many of them coming from lineages born in country for centuries. Rarely do Whites migrate to SA or Zimbabwe any longer, that stopped decades ago. All of this is loosely based on Pan-Africanism that claims Africa is only for Blacks or at least they should be the sole political and economic leaders. Most Westerners will never bother to learn the lengthy history or how much of the land was claimed by no one and has only become productive through introduced agricultural techniques. Make a functional society and everyone wants to come get a piece of the pie. Problem is they claim the pie is theirs along with the ingredients and recipe. These White outsiders "stole" everything from their ancestors who must now reclaim it. Marxism certainly has found wide appeal among African tribes.

<< 1  2   >>

join