It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boomers ruined America and why are there STILL no term limits?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: network dude
run for local office, and then move up. but you won't change it from the outside, and crying won't get it done.

Just be careful that the Dark Side doesn't give you a 50+ year career.

And don't go charging in as the new sheriff who's gonna change everything. Be honest of your views but be tactful, and understand it often takes years of moving pieces into place to get things done.

LOL, you have been paying attention. Yes, look at the "Justice Democrats" for tips on how to play the long game. Look to PRC for tips on the REALLY long game. We are still arguing over who ate the crayons.

It’s definitely true that conservatism makes its progress in fairly short, quick steps.
Rev War and constitution.
Civil War.
WW2.
Reagan.
Trump.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: Ch1nch1lla

Boomers didn't ruin America.
Greedy, corrupt, soulless politicians ruined America.

All of us are to blame for not speaking up.

Except me, and a small percentage of people who opposed things like never ending special interest wars and irresponsible borrowing for the last 20+ years. Do you realize the percentage of the population that supported the 20 year long "war on terror" without even knowing all the facts of 9/11? It's huge. Or the percentage of people who have been calling for responsible spending and borrowing all these years? It's super small, but those are ultimately the things that will come to be know to have caused our demise.

Besides working hard all these years, I took the time to point out hypocrites and abuses, and continuously called for fiscal responsibly, accountably to Americans, peace, and most recently election integrity.

As if coming back from $32 to $36 trillion of debt wasn't hard enough, I doubt it will ever happen with "fortified" Presidential elections.

2 possible paths that give hope.

1. We figure out our mistakes and correct are wrongs, then build for a brighter tomorrow. I'm tried of waiting for this to happen on its own, it won't, and the great reset is not the answer.

2. AI could expose every truth and every wrong, while also exposing us to new knowledge, insights, and tools, that could assist humanity in cleaning up our mess. There is currently some momentum in this direction, but fixing all of the country's, or world's biggest problems isn't going to be easy and it's not guaranteed.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Boomers didn't start the decline of things in America. That was the generation before them. The boomers just didn't have the foresight to see that all of the things they let happen would effect their kids. In the 70s and 80s the boomers still wouldn't have been in any positions of power or management. It still would've been the previous generation. Take the refinery and plant industry when automation started coming into the plants. They were sold on it makes our jobs easier and no one gets fired. They thought win win. What they didn't count on was that as they retired their jobs weren't filled they were eliminated so that now their kids were competing for half as many jobs. Boomers ruined things by allowing the previous generation to start it and not figuring out a way to atop or reverse it.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mdtaylorjr1

They didn’t see it because they were too busy taking cruises and eating lobster rolls.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You are partially right about boomers
100% correct about the need for term limits, but this isn't a "new to your generation" concept
because of the lack of term limits there are boomers still in office, this is not to say it is a boomers fault. It is to say that it is the fault of corrupt politicians

My parents are boomers, the typical nuclear family. Stay at home mom, hard working, veteran dad. Instilled values in their kids. Tow the party line
Don't worry though, one day (sooner than you think) you will be on the receiving end of the same scrutiny.

Make sure you, and your generation make the best of the situation. VOTE, be educated and aware (not woke), be active in politics
Gen X signing off

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If you think boomers ruined America, wait until the results from YOUR generation come back.

I'd love to be able to compare the report cards.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: mdtaylorjr1

They didn’t see it because they were too busy taking cruises and eating lobster rolls.

Wait!!! There were cruises? There were lobster rolls??? Where was I when all this was going on?

edit: I want my reparations!
edit on 6/4/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ch1nch1lla

Who is voting for these people?

Other boomers.

Fortunately, more young people are coming out to vote with every election.

I feel like if you probably aren't going to live long enough to see the outcome of your policy, you shouldn't be involved in policy.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Lol

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

we can agree on that, I have always been for younger voting ages as well as term limits, I was working at 12, paying taxes with no representation.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Im entitled to compensation!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Its just more prrof that we have never had free and fair elections.

I dont know anyone left or right that doesnt want tern limits.

As a matter of fact its about the only thing we all agree on so we would vote these clowns out for younger clowns .

We would primary them out but we cant because its rigged

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I blame my generation for screwing up this country.

We put kids in time outs and took the pledge out of schools .

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

No. Your generation suffers from having a participation only reward system. You don’t have to provide quality work, create a quality product or a quality idea. You grew up with a higher quality of life than the boomers. Are you ever concerned about being drafted? No? But you want to blame someone else for your quality of life. Sounds just right for your generation.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Other boomers.

I feel like if you probably aren't going to live long enough to see the outcome of your policy, you shouldn't be involved in policy.

A lot of very stupid young people put Biden in the WH, if you believe the 81 million votes story.
Can’t have it both ways. Throw in Kameltoe and others like AOC, Bootygrab, Katie Hobbs, Swallowwell, and these younger folks are really going places. Nowhere I want to go, but they’re going alright.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE

No. Your generation suffers from having a participation only reward system. You don’t have to provide quality work, create a quality product or a quality idea. You grew up with a higher quality of life than the boomers. Are you ever concerned about being drafted? No? But you want to blame someone else for your quality of life. Sounds just right for your generation.

When little Lord Fauntleroy gets everything handed to him, he tends to moan and groan and complain a lot.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ITSALIVE

to be fair, its not his fault that he was subject to the failed education policies of George Bush Jr.'s "no child left behind" act.

Remember the hanging chads!!

I would actually go so far to argue that these failed policies were the seeds of what we are seeing across the country now in newer, controversial educational laws

No child allowed to excel
edit on 04pm30200000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Other boomers.

A lot of very stupid young people put Biden in the WH, if you believe the 81 million votes story.
Can’t have it both ways. Throw in Kameltoe and others like AOC, Bootygrab, Katie Hobbs, Swallowwell, and these younger folks are really going places. Nowhere I want to go, but they’re going alright.

Well, then, I guess they will make the trip without you. And, I will go out on a limb and guess that they won't resort to Ad Hominem attacks. Idiot.

See what I did there?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The world is changing, and you can hate it all you want, but you can't stop it.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The world is changing, and you can hate it all you want, but you can't stop it.

Lol, your answer literally has nothing to do with what I said. And I’m fine with change, but nice of you to make up a fake life for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join