It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden APPROVES NYC congestion charge that would bill drivers $23 a day on top of existing tolls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well, congratulations NYC. The Democrats are going to make sure those poor commuters and those that drive pay even more for the honor. Keep voting for the Democrats and enjoy your misery.

Luckily, this impacts a place I never plan to visit or live

Biden APPROVES NYC congestion charge that would bill drivers $23 a day on top of existing tolls - as New Jersey Gov. calls it a 'money grab' that will hit 'hardworking commuters'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In August, New York said drivers could face a traffic congestion charge of up to $23 a day by mid-2024, while the cost of a round trip by car from areas like Princeton, New Jersey, could be as much as $120.

The toll would be applied on top of existing bridge and tunnel tolls to congestion charges.

The toll would generate $1-$1.5 billion a year for MTA, which runs the city's public transit system and faces a financial crisis as ridership continues to lag behind pre-pandemic levels.

The money would also support $15 billion in debt financing for mass transit improvement.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If it keeps the likes of you out of NYC it's awesome.

Cheap at twice the price. Maybe this will keep out the riff-raff.

Go Joe Biden, tax the cheuchtars. Somebody should have to cough up for the idiotic toilet fest T**** and his star wars bar of a-holes have created.

I hope NY becomes so prohibitively expensive that only real people can afford to be there.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

# that, your sending all your degenerates here to the south for the idiots to repeat the idiocy they voted in up there. I hope it gets so dirt cheap your surrounded by the morons who keep voting for stupid.

I only been once when I was a child, and got to see original WTC. that's enough New York for me for two lifetimes.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

Go Joe Biden, tax the cheuchtars. Somebody should have to cough up for the idiotic toilet fest T**** and his star wars bar of a-holes have created.

I hope NY becomes so prohibitively expensive that only real people can afford to be there.

Dear God, please let this happen. Amen.

I just want it to be a reality TV show and watch the meltdowns in NYC.

Who the F is gonna make my coffee?!?!!?.!!..!!

Idiocracy at its finest...

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Competing with California for biggest Hellhole award.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Please include the "c", those of us from north of Yonkers to the Canadian border don't want/like to be/deserve to be lumped in with the downstate trash and their BS. We're already taxed to hell and back to pay for their welfare city.

www.divideny.org...
edit on 5/7/23 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Someday people will realize that no matter how much in taxes they claim or steal from the citizens it will never be enough for their fraud and waste. Enjoy the prices you are already paying for essentials like food and gas and write to the D.C. crowd and let them know just how thankful you are for their leadership ...

edit on 727thk23 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:16 AM
link   

The cost of a round trip by car from areas like Princeton, New Jersey, could be as much as $120.

I thought one of the actual prescribed jobs of the Federal government was to facilitate commerce between states, not completely destroy it!

Anyway does the congestion charge apply to Presidential motorcades as well? Make Biden stop and pay like the rest of us! (Though of course they’ll completely exempt themselves.)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Looks like the citizens once again pay for the mistakes the government does in traffic preplanning and preparation.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Aww bless, you think your American grid planning isn't good enough?
We had congestion charges in London for a while but that isn't good enough, because now they want to expand it to a wider area.
My elderly Mother in law lives there and now on top of the petrol and the bridge toll, we would have to also pay £12.50 to visit.
She doesn't live in London and half a mile out, it would be free to visit her.
They call it the ULEZ ultra low emission zone.

First it was (apparently) to fight congestion, now it's emission.

The reason they change their goalposts is because they lie.
It was never about congestion, it's for poor people to give up their cars and to usher in the 14min cities.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Will the last taxpayers out of NYC remember to turn off the lights?

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Kathy Hochul is a joke, clearly panic-stricken at the millions who will be running to NY next week when the borders are left wide open by her own party.
Someone has to support the masses, so why not the poor schlubs who work in or want to visit NY, Hochul can't possibly hike taxes in NY again, so that's her solution.
Never mind the price of gas, now the dems are heaping tolls on top of it all -
Don't quit your job, we have to support the rest of the world!

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Do the illegals have to pay the $23 each also??

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

The citizens are getting exactly what they voted for. Just like Illinois and California, they keep voting in the same party expecting different results and whine when they get the same thing time and again.

I've been to New York. I had flashbacks of a school trip to a sewage treatment plant.

Put a wall around it, drop in Snake Plissken and show it on pay per view.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Do the illegals have to pay the $23 each also??

No, they will be paid $ 23 for each trip they take.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

This can’t be a real post.

It’s got to be an evil conservative trying to make liberals look stupid.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Another reason NY needs to be split up. The last 3 elections, maybe 3 counties north of NYC went blue. 3. Out of 55.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I last visited NYC in 2001 with my MBA Graduate School in June and was at the World Trade Center. We also were on the floor of the NYSE and ate at a Harley Davidson. I do remeber the stench of barf rising from the sewer grates while walking the streets at night

I visited but would never live or work there
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Another reason NY needs to be split up. The last 3 elections, maybe 3 counties north of NYC went blue. 3. Out of 55.

It’s the perfect proof of the wisdom of the electoral college.
Get rid of that, and a few counties in NY, CA, and IL will choose the USA leadership every 4 years.
It’s the leftists’ wet dream, along with flooding SCOTUS with 20 communist justices.
The fast track to USS SA.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

The cost of a round trip by car from areas like Princeton, New Jersey, could be as much as $120.

I thought one of the actual prescribed jobs of the Federal government was to facilitate commerce between states, not completely destroy it!

Anyway does the congestion charge apply to Presidential motorcades as well? Make Biden stop and pay like the rest of us! (Though of course they’ll completely exempt themselves.)

What is the mechanism that allows a US President to levy NY taxes on NY citizens ?
I’m sure Hochul will be thrilled to let Biden do whatever he wants, but constitutionally….. legally ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join