It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast Food Hacks', Tips, and Tricks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good morning/afternoon fellow ATS'ers,

I am starting this thread out of curiosity, to find out what you guys might have for tips, tricks, and hacks at popular, and/or local, fast food or sit down restaurants.

I will start with my favorite, not sure if it's a hack or not but it's how I do it lol

Chipotle, two burritos for one.

I order a bowl with a tortilla in the bottom, usually free if the cashier does it right. I load it up with all of the free stuff I can fit in it, I will add chicken and steak and ask for another side tortilla to go with it. Now if your local Chipotle is like mine, the people behind the counter are usually heavy handed with most ingredients, giving you the amount of food to make 2 burritos for the price of one bowl. (I know some people who could probably make 3 out of it)

Thanks in advanced if you decide to share with all of us!

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

What a great thread topic.

I only know about ordering fries "animal style " at In'n'Out -- fries topped with cheese, sauce and onions. Yum!

I do also lovelovelove cold Whoppers for breakfast... sounds crazy even to me, but it's so yummy! I can't eat a whole Whopper, so I always cut it in half, then wrap it and put it in the fridge immediately for breakfast to seal in the yummy goodness 😋

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Cold home made glazed donuts are bomb, or just cold birthday cake for breakfast!

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My tip:

Eat at home something you made.

It's far cheaper, tastes better and it's better for you.

Except hot fresh glazed donuts. Those are worth sitting Indian style naked in broken glass for.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Yeah, that's what my doctor keeps telling me..maybe I should listen.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Cold birthday cake? I'm gonna have to try that! I've done strawberry shortcake for breakfast... why not cake???

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

Except hot fresh glazed donuts. Those are worth sitting Indian style naked in broken glass for.

In this scenario, my advice is:

1) buy 2 dozen hot fresh glazed donuts of your choice;

2) eat a dozen as gluttonously as you can;

3) save the other dozen for later non-comestible use;

4) during your next pilgrimage to the temple of donuts, lay the old, stale dirty dozen on the broken glass... sit on donuts in your preferred style.

Your Indian-style masochistic posture will be so much more comfortable as you wait for the next 2 dozen to be served.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Or, even better, use the box from the first dozen as a seat on the glass, then chow down on the 2nd and subsequent dozens....

This makes me miss the Amish bakery by my college that had fresh glazed donuts every Friday morning. They were the size of a dinner plate and weighed about as much as a loaf of bread.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

My tip:

Can't argue with that! I like to get a good breakfast into my husband because he works hard and needs the protein and nutrients (and eats crap if I don't)... He likes to go to work and gloat to his crew about it!

Ahhhhh... memories 🩷

When I was a girl, my dad would take me to Winchells at sunrise for fresh from the oven glazed donuts. They practically melt in your mouth. Add an ice cold glass of whole milk and there's nothing better!

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

My tip:

ice cold glass of whole milk

That's another thing!! My wife thinks it is utterly disgusting to drink just plain milk(
though, you put a gallon of chocolate milk in front of me, I will make myself sick finishing it), as in have a glass with dinner, or even breakfast for that matter. Glad I am not the only one.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

originally posted by: Boadicea

My tip:

ice cold glass of whole milk

That's another thing!! My wife thinks it is utterly disgusting to drink just plain milk(
though, you put a gallon of chocolate milk in front of me, I will make myself sick finishing it), as in have a glass with dinner, or even breakfast for that matter. Glad I am not the only one.

Yeah well, I've met your wife.

This is the same woman that put blended cucumber in marinara sauce. She's not allowed to have a say about what's disgusting.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Kindred spirits!

I am an unabashed and unapologetic milk junkie 😁

All dairy actually. Heavy cream, sour cream, butter, cheese, yogurt -- all of it!

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Perfect! More value for money and a belly-buster deal.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Now, to answer your original question.

I don't eat at FF joints often, but when I do it's usually because of some deal.

Here in Europe, we probably only have McDonald's, Burger King and KFC in common with North America.

I have all three of their Apps installed on my phone... multiple phones, infact; and here lies the trick.

I'll take the two easiest to take advantage of:

Burger King - They usually have very good offers and when ordering at the self-service totem, you can just keep on adding the same order over and over again. Eg: Cheeseburger for 1 Euro. I just keep adding as many as I want... 4 is my usual snack. So 4 for 4 Euro.

They even had a long-standing Whopper deal, basically, you buy one and keep the receipt. On their website you complete a questionnaire (using the receipt number as proof of purchase). You then receive a code that you show the cashier to get your free Whopper on your next visit. The beauty of it was that you only had to spend over 5 Euro to be eligible for a repeat deal. As the burger alone was just under 5 Euro, I'd add an extra beef patty for 1 Euro. So, for over two years, I could get a double Whopper for 1 Euro on rinse and repeat. It was burdensome having to do the 5 min. questionnaire every time, but worth it for the deal... and the less crappy quality of their burgers compared to McD's.

McDonald's is more difficult. Once you use one of the offers, it disappears from the App. So, the rick is to have my second, defunct phone that I use in WiFi mode just for the Apps (and testing other crap). Again, use the SS totem so that the cashiers are non the wiser, even if I don't consider it cheating. You could have been given someone's phone to place an order for them... no foul.

KFC is again a multiple order setup like Burger King, the difference is that you have to order in-app. So, it requires re-ordering with separate payments.

Just another bit of generic advice. Most people don't know that on Android phones you can setup multiple user accounts. The only limit is the phone's memory. So, theoretically, you can have any App installed twice or more, one in each account. It would be slower than having two phones, but it saves carrying around more than one device to take advantage of the offers.

I'm sure whatever FF place you have around will have its own App, so install and play around to see if the above tips work for you.

top topics

join