It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. New York becomes the first state to ban gas stoves in new residential building

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
They said it was a MAGA conspiracy....

Then it was a conservative / Republican myth to scare you....

Well, guess what? Of course it was true just like everything else the left calls a conspiracy theory or myth and this is just the beginning as Federal regulators plan to shaft the rest of us.

Fools voted for these people... lots of them.

www.cbsnews.com...

The new $229 billion fiscal year budget was approved by Gov. Kathy Hochul and the Democratic-led legislature on Tuesday night and contains a provision that bans gas stoves from new residential buildings. The law also bans furnaces and propane heating.

Under the new law, all-electric heating and cooking is required in new buildings shorter than seven stories by 2026, and in buildings taller than seven stories by 2029 β€” but is designed to largely impact residential buildings, with exceptions in place for commercial and industrial buildings such as restaurants and stores.

"Just like we had to, a long time ago, transition from coal as your energy source, we do have to transition. There are clean energy alternatives," said Hochul in an interview on Wednesday

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh, Chucky, you were wrong at the top of your lungs. What a DERP.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
New York Democrat Leaders caught in lies again I see. Typical. 😎

But now they'll claim it's not a ban because existing stoves and gas lines can stay ????

New definition of "Ban" will be introduced and certified next week 😁

And they say these things with big smiles on their faces 😁

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Almost took a whole 45 days!

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The Democrats are professional liars and con artists.

If they tell you the sun is shining, you better check for yourself because it’s probably a lie.

They will lie about anything and everything to further their insane, ass backwards beliefs.

Their climate change lie is one of their biggest con games, they have a lot invested in that lie.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

This is total and complete bullcrap.

Word to the wise, have a backup way of cooking if electric goes down. (Like a rocketstove)

I currently have an electric cooktop. I have several gas lines and I’m seriously considering adding a small gas cooktop so I can be grandfathered in if this nonsense takes off.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Does anybody notice how the democrats wants to make more dependency on the electric grid, electric cars, electric charging stations, electric energy, solar panels still need batteries or electricity to function and soo the cement fake pinwheel trees.

All electric, I guess is easier to control the energy consumption of every citizen in the nation that is not off the grid when the social credit system is in full gear.

Our future is not very pretty is all about control.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Again you're 100% correct.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

This is total and complete bullcrap.

Word to the wise, have a backup way of cooking if electric goes down. (Like a rocketstove)

I currently have an electric cooktop. I have several gas lines and I’m seriously considering adding a small gas cooktop so I can be grandfathered in if this nonsense takes off.

I just did that last week. I purchased a cheap stainless steel 4 burner gas stove top that I can place anywhere if I need to and hook up to either NG or LPG and all the transition parts for dual fuel are included. I have two rocket stoves, one I made, one I purchased. Plus the electric ceramic top that came with my house.

You really have to be prepared for anything these days because you never know which answer the magic 8 ball is going to give from one day to the next.

Who could have predicted that 10 years ago that we would be prohibited from purchasing everyday appliances to operate from everyday fuel/energy types. It's a new world and people must be prepared to use alternate resources and ideas to get by without costing an arm and a leg. I'm putting in my flat top wood stove this summer.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Another form of control, cut your power and you can't cook either.
Where it gets very cold gas furnaces are are way better, again cut your power people freeze to death.
They will come for propane barbeques next, forcing people to get electric grills.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wood.

Grows on trees.

Warms you when you cut it, chop it, stack it and burn it.

And you can cook on it and remember that probably every single person in your whole life who came before you has connected to that single and most important primordial experience.

KEEP YOURSELVES ANALOGUE PEOPLE.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Does anybody notice how the democrats wants to make more dependency on the electric grid, electric cars, electric charging stations, electric energy, solar panels still need batteries or electricity to function and soo the cement fake pinwheel trees.

All electric, I guess is easier to control the energy consumption of every citizen in the nation that is not off the grid when the social credit system is in full gear.

Our future is not very pretty is all about control.

Look up "geospatial environment" and "GEOINT Symposiums". The whole agenda is to get EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE on the "smart" grid. Tracked, controlled, monitored and assessed in real time.

Just wait until the REAL AI is launched and powered by quantum computing...

They WILL have their "techno-god".

It's absolutely diabolical what's planned.
edit on 5/4/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   
These people are certifiably insane.

People that vote for them are worse, they arent even hiding the insanity and people will still vote for them.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Knock a window out, install wood-stove and stove pipe, cut down telephone pole, burn resulting wood. Landlines are like the gas stove of technology, anyway, lol.

Wonder if that'd cause sh#t?

edit on 5/4/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
And stupid New Jersey goes along with everything NY does, so we'll be getting this next -
With all the power outages, hurricanes, high winds, what on earth are they thinking??
Yesterday, for the first time here, I saw a house down the road with the box plug-in to charge her electric car in the driveway.
Well - that's fine for those who own houses with this feature -
But what about the rest of us living in apartments, with no driveway, and having to park 5 blocks away??

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
These people are certifiably insane.

People that vote for them are worse, they arent even hiding the insanity and people will still vote for them.

I cannot believe there are those who are actually going along with all this, and will vote to get them all back in.
Sometimes I think they should split the country in half, I'm going with Trump's side!

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

More is that can afford it, only people with money are the ones that can have that plug on their house, lets no forget the electricity bill will be off the roof.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Absolute insanity.
I suspect this will go even further in the future, banning existing installations and forcing consumers to pay for conversions to alternative energy.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I need to stock up on propane cans for my Weber....
I want to buy a rocket stove too.
INTERESTING TIMES

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

What happened to your account?

No info and no stars available.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join