It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense confirms: Russia had special vessel near Nord Stream's detonation point

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

You were claiming there was no gas being supplied and hence no motive for anyone other than Russia to sabotage it.

From Nord Stream 2 yes , the sabotage of Nord Stream 1 could have more incentive for Russia as it was trying to put a strangle hold on Europe through the Winter , although their strategy only had a limited effect.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: gortex

You were claiming there was no gas being supplied and hence no motive for anyone other than Russia to sabotage it.

Russia switched off Nordstream 1 a few weeks before the explosion.

Nordstream 2 was never put into commision. Therefore Gortex was correct, no gas was being supplied by Russia when the explosion occured.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The United States blew up the Nord Stream pipeline. President Biden bragged about it before it even happened and then denied it. As an American, I hate it when the United States does stupid things. Then lies about it.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightSeeker

President Biden bragged about it before it even happened and then denied it

No he didn't , before the war started Biden said "we will shut it down" , which is what happened as Germany was forced to cancel the pipeline in February after Russia's invasion.

Stop buying into Russian propaganda.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I wasn’t really debating if Russia actually ends up “winning” in Ukraine. That should be easy. I don’t see them taking a bit more land by the time it comes to the inevitable peace talks. But damn that came at a price.

I was more or less arguing whether or both they become more powerful than the US or EU. I just don’t see that happening. They’re a shell of the USSR, and they couldn’t hold it up then with vastly more land, people, and resources.

And as for them rolling further west as you said just because of low amounts of munitions… with who? Even if they have more ammo, who’s going to fire it?

And it’s not like we’re not still producing some. I live near one of the big munitions plants and they’re always hiring. They’ve been rocking and rolling even before Ukraine.

But let’s say we are starting to give more than we produce… I’m to believe that NATO, the EU, and more who would have an interest if that happened wouldn’t ramp up production?

To my knowledge, Ukraine has gotten very little arms that aren’t decades old anyways. All of our new and advanced stuff is still in the arsenal.

And I know the wests efforts aren’t solely altruism, hell, probably not even primarily. But Russia, and possibly soon to be China certainly aren’t freedom fighters. People only started playing devils advocate for them out of domestic politics. Domestic politics have little to do with what other governments are in their nature. I’d still rather live here than there.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

And as for them rolling further west as you said just because of low amounts of munitions… with who? Even if they have more ammo, who’s going to fire it?

Ummm...you do realize that statement was tongue in cheek...right...?

However...those three hundred thousand fresh recruits...primarily prior service are there in reserve...that's the who...

But let’s say we are starting to give more than we produce… I’m to believe that NATO, the EU, and more who would have an interest if that happened wouldn’t ramp up production?

You do realize that NATO and the EU has already stated that they have an extreme shortage of the components for propellants and explosives...Nor do they have the natural resources to source their requirements...
All while Russia has already dramatically increased their munitions and vehicular productions as well as having all the natural resources for propellant and explosive manufacture...

I’d still rather live here than there.

That's cool...I kinda like it here as well...though I might do the Ex-pat thing when I retire...

I just don't live under any illusions that this...or any regime has my best interest as part of their agenda...

Nor do I trust any dissemination from them to represent any truth...or factual account of events or circumstance...

YouSir

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Do you have any source for any of that?

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Do you have any source for any of that?

Ummm...

Explosive shortage

More Explosive shortage

Defence industry officials say Europe has a limited supply of explosives such as gunpowder, TNT and nitrocellulose which are necessary to produce shells. “The bottlenecks for our capacity are mainly [explosive] powders, which are in short supply all over Europe,” said one.

Please do pull that one soundbite out of your...ahhh...hat...that you'll use to justify your hyperbole...

It'll be fun...

YouSir
edit on 1-5-2023 by YouSir because: clarity demanded...and I acquesced...

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Hyperbole? You mean asking you for evidence.

I suppose Russia does not have similar problems?

Russia's tactics involve much more artillery shells than NATO.

"However...those three hundred thousand fresh recruits...primarily prior service are there in reserve...that's the who..."

Can you pull that one out of somewhere?

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Russia switched off Nordstream 1 a few weeks before the explosion.

Nordstream 2 was never put into commision. Therefore Gortex was correct, no gas was being supplied by Russia when the explosion occured.

Do you have a source that Nord Stream 1 was switched off a few weeks before the explosions? I do remember that Russia was supplying Germany after they had invaded Ukraine and there was anger about that. There was gas in the pipeline as there are multiple pictures of it bubbling to the surface after the explosion.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

The ammo shortage is hitting both sides. There have been reports that Russia is using more older ammuntion (decades old), and Russian artillery fire volume has dropped quite a bit -- something that points to ammunition rationing.

This is actually typical of wars. They last longer than expected, stocks of most everything run low, and the intensity of combat drops until production ramps up to meet the increased demand.

Cheers

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Do you have a source that Nord Stream 1 was switched off a few weeks before the explosions?

Here you go. About 3 weeks before the explosion.

Nord Stream 1: Russia switches off gas pipeline citing maintenance.

www.theguardian.com...

There was gas in the pipeline as there are multiple pictures of it bubbling to the surface after the explosion.

Surplus gas in the pipeline. It's like when you turn off the tap on a hosepipe. The tap is off but there is still water in the hose until it drains out.

edit on 1-5-2023 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Denmark has been the beech of NATO for ages.

Are they claiming that Russia did it to themselves?

It's obvious it was the USSA.

And NO I am not loyal to Russia.
I am not even allowed to visit.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I just don't live under any illusions that this...or any regime has my best interest as part of their agenda...

That’s a part we can agree on.

No matter the system, citizens tend to take a back seat. Those in power politically and economically tend to be the focus, and that’s true here and there.

And while we have a bit more freedom now, I do have to say there’s been decades of policy that should make us attentive and skeptical of direction.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: KnightSeeker

President Biden bragged about it before it even happened and then denied it

No he didn't , before the war started Biden said "we will shut it down" , which is what happened as Germany was forced to cancel the pipeline in February after Russia's invasion.

Stop buying into Russian propaganda.

He Did . Your OBVIOUSLY Not an American Citizen Or you Would Know that as a FACT . Besides , there is Overwhelming Evidence U.S. Special Forces were Involved in the Action . Oh , and BEFORE you Disagree we me on that , Do Your Own Searching for the Truth if Compelled to Or Not .

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
seems pretty real to me

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

He Did . Your OBVIOUSLY Not an American Citizen Or you Would Know that as a FACT

No he didn't , as I said earlier in this thread he said "we'll shut down the pipeline if Russia invades" , which is what happened before it was sabotaged after Russia invaded , I guess certain American Citizens wish to believe otherwise but that don't make it so.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

From your link it says

The halt on the Baltic Sea pipeline at 5am on Wednesday would last for three days, Gazprom, the Russian state energy company said.

So not permanently, though Russia was certainly using its gas supply as leverage against nato aligned countries.. hmm I wonder who is it that wants us all using renewable “green” energy by 2030 again?

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Or better:

Almost half a year later the danes somehow remembered that they had taken a photo of a russian special ship almost half a year ago and near the NS2 attack site.

Btw, what about that last story, the yacht story?

What´s next, aliens blew up that pipeline?

Come on US regime and it´s willing henchmen, you can do better!

Apparently, the Journalists who investigated this hired a former British RN Intelligence guy.

As the vessels had their transponders switched off he had to painstakingly piece together their movements and locations from Russian communications traffic.

Understandably, this took quite some time.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm sure this crackerjack team of NATO investigators are looking to this this too, right, right? Because "A Boat was seen..." is not different than "planes were there..." THREAD

Publicly available radar data shows two US-linked aircraft equipped with sonobuoy in the Baltic before and during the Nordstream pipeline sabotage.

One of these aircraft was flying with no callsign or other identifiers.

A Boeing PA8 Poseidon flying with no callsign appeared on the radar from the seas north of the United Kingdom, it reached the first Nordstream site at the approximate time of the first explosion. It then was refueled mid-air over Europe and went back over the Baltic at a low

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join