It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A small rant about pro gun Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExiledSpirit777
I want to start this by saying I do not think its is logical to go door to door and take people's guns. I also don't think it is logical that that would EVER happen in the near or distant future ...

But it did happen - Katrina & New Orleans. Sure, you can argue "circumstances", but then I have no doubt the government could find new "circumstances" to do the same thing.

... The problem is simple. Gun laws ...

No, it's not. That's the excuse and misdirection.

We have a constitution to follow. ... With freedom comes a cost. At some point, we need to understand that even the founding fathers could be flawed.

And we were given the rules so we could modify the Constitution. Freedom does come at a cost, wiser men pointed that out long ago and woe be it to us, to surrender it. The Founding Fathers were flawed people, they had prejudices and personal opinions and disagreed on many things, but they came together to create the brilliant foundation for our country that is for the people, by the people and of the people - not for, by or of the elite.

... We have a major gun violence crisis in our society and it's quite simple why it's us who has the overbearing majority of the problem on our land unrivaled by any other country. Any. We are not going to change from the path the founding fathers started for us. But we could. And we should.

We don't have a 'gun violence crisis' in our society. We have a 'violence' problem, along with a 'drug' problem and 'obesity' problem and along with a few others.

But you're right, it is quite simple why we have an overbearing majority of problems on our land - it's the divisive culture that is pitting everyone against each other along with insidious indoctrination that is teaching young citizens to hate their own country.

And no, IMO we should not change the path the Founding Fathers laid down for us, for that way is:

“Ah, smoking is not good for you, and it's been deemed that anything not good for you is bad; hence, illegal. Alcohol, caffeine, contact sports, meat ...” - Lenina Huxley, Demolition Man (1993)

There should be stricter laws. There should be limits. There should be ways to stop these mass shootings. Year after year after year. A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, ...

Both laws and limits already exist. There are ways to stop or greatly reduce mass shootings. Do people forget? I don't think so, I just think a fair amount of people don't believe it's about gun reform and that the real issue is can't be discussed, so nothing really can happen.

Owning a gun is not a god given right. God doesn't give that right.

That is your opinion, many others disagree.

The founding fathers were not Gods. The founding fathers were not without fault, as they were humans like you and I.

Never seen anyone that is reasonable or sane claim otherwise.

But to get to a better place in society, where we don't have to worry about these mass shootings as much as others countries, we need to change. We need to adapt to our times. If we don't, this cycle will never, ever end. And if you're okay with that, you are part of the problem.

You're right, we do need to adapt and change or the cycle will never end.

The issue is the change that needs to happen - our society can not agree on what that is. Some want to focus on guns and confiscation, others want to focus on mental healthy and our issue with our culture problem.

The fact that guns have been a huge part of our culture since the founding of our nation and how only in the last couple of decades it's been a problem, then I'm with the group who believes we need to focus on mental health and the culture and society break down. If it had been a gun problem, it would always have existed or the Constitution would have already been changed long ago.

edit on 30-3-2023 by Thanatos0042 because: bad spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am more afraid of those that take away the guns than I am of a million crazy people that own guns.

Crazy people with guns kill people...

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Just a thought about those gun owners who consider themselves "transgender."

---------------------------------------------
You are allowed to own a gun. It's a responsibility once you do, just like any other tool.

You will be judged by how you use it, just as all people are.

Start by judging yourself. Then judge others.

That seems fair to me.
---------------------------------------------

As an aside. Wouldn't it be a kicker if someone was making these memes just to stoke the flames of discord?

Just to watch the world burn?

And some people 'collect' those just like trading cards... so the motive is there.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Hell man I'm not taking my eyes off them atleast until after Easter and "shorty" is going out with me everyday, I'm in DC metro where this Day of Vengeance thing is happening tomorrow...

These Antifa TRAN tards really don't have the numbers, they bettah be cool.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Stay safe... stay cool.

I know the neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ExiledSpirit777

With all due respect, your right to self defense is a God given right, with no limit to how you do it. Hence the need for firearms. Imagine if you will an armed teacher had shot the transwacko whose mom also happened to be an Anti Gun Activist.

Do me and everyone else a favor. Before telling us law abiding gun owners that we are the problem because we won't give up our rights, ask yourself what God given right do you have to tell me and everyone else how we get to live?

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Fairtrade141

The mom was also Christian, and she had her kids go to a child molester harboring school...

Can't make that shizz up

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I want to start this by saying I do not think its is logical to go door to door and take people's guns. I also don't think it is logical that that would EVER happen in the near or distant future. I can say that only crazed loonies believe this to happen. I see a lot of them on this website. A lot. I do think, to some degree, gun ownership is okay and a safe thing. Not everyone is a killer or mass shooter.

Now to begin, this is coming hot off the news of the latest mass shooting that took place in Tennessee. I've already seen posts on the front page of all things focusing on them being transgender. I think it is very, very delusional to focus on this being a main talking point of a more serious problem. I wish these people who make these posts to stop acting like morons and see, instead, what the underlying problem is. The problem is simple. Gun laws. It's not a transgender problem. It is closer to a mental illness problem in ALL people. But the main problem is our society and how we live.

We have a constitution to follow. A guideline to freedom. With freedom comes a cost. At some point, we need to understand that even the founding fathers could be flawed. We have a major gun violence crisis in our society and it's quite simple why it's us who has the overbearing majority of the problem on our land unrivaled by any other country. Any. We are not going to change from the path the founding fathers started for us. But we could. And we should.

There should be stricter laws. There should be limits. There should be ways to stop these mass shootings. Year after year after year. A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget.

Owning a gun is not a god given right. God doesn't give that right. The founding fathers were not Gods. The founding fathers were not without fault, as they were humans like you and I. But to get to a better place in society, where we don't have to worry about these mass shootings as much as others countries, we need to change. We need to adapt to our times. If we don't, this cycle will never, ever end. And if you're okay with that, you are part of the problem.
Very refreshing to hear logic. Im a person who believes 100% in the 2A . I believe it’s ok to own AR-15s or AK-47s semiautomatic, but they should carry a federal stamp like other weapons.
Single stack 10rd max pistol , revolvers , bolt action rifle 8 rd max magazine , semiautomatic shotguns 6 rd max should be non-registered & regular background check to own.
Everything else should have a Federal stamp .
There also needs to be a limit on how many guns you can buy in a year. No limits on ammo & Bob’s your uncle.
What is wrong with that ?
edit on 31-3-2023 by SecrettoSociety because: G

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SecrettoSociety

So you think only the wealthy should be able to protect themselves.

And the beneficiary to be the government..........

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So you think only the wealthy should be able to protect themselves.

And the beneficiary to be the government..........

Were did I say that ?
10 shot single stack pistols , revolvers & six rd semiautomatic shotguns are extremely effective at defending one’s self.
Your protection from chaos via 120 rd drum mags under your Daniel Defence 5.56 are just fantasies .
A Glock 29 10mm is 98% effective for any real chance issues you would encounter with man or animal here in America.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Not a fan of the 2nd either.

Tsk tsk.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Not a fan of the 2nd either.

Tsk tsk.
you obviously missed this , so here it is again. No weapons in the world that you could obtain legally or illegally would protect you from the government today . So just give up the last stand & take America back bull crap fantasies you have .
Learn to get along with those you disagree with , because that will save you every time

Very refreshing to hear logic. Im a person who believes 100% in the 2A

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 04:53 AM
link   

No weapons in the world that you could obtain legally or illegally would protect you from the government today

False.

So just give up the last stand & take America back bull crap fantasies you have .

No, plus defending oneself is one of our most basic rights.

Learn to get along with those you disagree with , because that will save you every time

Objectively false as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   

No weapons in the world that you could obtain legally or illegally would protect you from the government today

False.

So just give up the last stand & take America back bull crap fantasies you have .

No, plus defending oneself is one of our most basic rights.

Objectively false as well.
I feel sorry for you . Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Laws won't stop the Black Market.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

Stay safe... stay cool.

I know the neighborhood.

Perfect timing eh? haha...

Indictment announcement same time as day of vengeance, it's almost like they want people to clash.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I know this is an old post but I wanted to chime in. Not many people know this but on the day of Sandy Hook someone walked into an Elementary School in China and stabbed a bunch of elementary kids to death. CCP gun control didn't stop that from happening. Back in 2015ish I was analyzing school shootings and reflecting upon how big pharma was boasting in the 1990's about how their profits are going to skyrocket once they start doing mental evals and putting kids on all kinds of psychotropic meds. When I analyzed the numbers and put them in a chart I realized the rise in kids taking psych meds coincided with school shootings. Regardless of whether they are false flags, Manchurian candidates, or just crazed out kids, they all have one common denominator which is they were all on SSRI's. So rather than dealing with the symptom of the problem we should examine the root and take a look at say.. the 1950's when bb guns were standard gifts for 10 year old boys and guns were a normal part of American life as anything else yet there was no significant instances of anything like this occurring.

Here is the problem with EVERY law. It doesn't work. Period. Prohibition created Al Capone. The War on Drugs created cartels and beheadings. Judge Napolitano did a really great segment where he talked about how 19 out of the 20 terror plots in thwarted by the FBI that year were manufactured by the Feds themselves. The DEA used to put poison in molasses to cause blindness in moonshine. I suspect they are also putting fentanyl in the street drugs to justify the war on drugs. If laws worked, no one would be murdered because murder is against the law in and of itself. So how is someone who is willing to break the law to commit murder suddenly going to abide by the law and not own a firearm? Gun control along with every other type of prohibition results in turning law abiding citizens into criminals.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecrettoSociety

I want to start this by saying I do not think its is logical to go door to door and take people's guns. I also don't think it is logical that that would EVER happen in the near or distant future. I can say that only crazed loonies believe this to happen. I see a lot of them on this website. A lot. I do think, to some degree, gun ownership is okay and a safe thing. Not everyone is a killer or mass shooter.

Now to begin, this is coming hot off the news of the latest mass shooting that took place in Tennessee. I've already seen posts on the front page of all things focusing on them being transgender. I think it is very, very delusional to focus on this being a main talking point of a more serious problem. I wish these people who make these posts to stop acting like morons and see, instead, what the underlying problem is. The problem is simple. Gun laws. It's not a transgender problem. It is closer to a mental illness problem in ALL people. But the main problem is our society and how we live.

We have a constitution to follow. A guideline to freedom. With freedom comes a cost. At some point, we need to understand that even the founding fathers could be flawed. We have a major gun violence crisis in our society and it's quite simple why it's us who has the overbearing majority of the problem on our land unrivaled by any other country. Any. We are not going to change from the path the founding fathers started for us. But we could. And we should.

There should be stricter laws. There should be limits. There should be ways to stop these mass shootings. Year after year after year. A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget.

Owning a gun is not a god given right. God doesn't give that right. The founding fathers were not Gods. The founding fathers were not without fault, as they were humans like you and I. But to get to a better place in society, where we don't have to worry about these mass shootings as much as others countries, we need to change. We need to adapt to our times. If we don't, this cycle will never, ever end. And if you're okay with that, you are part of the problem.
Very refreshing to hear logic. Im a person who believes 100% in the 2A . I believe it’s ok to own AR-15s or AK-47s semiautomatic, but they should carry a federal stamp like other weapons.
Single stack 10rd max pistol , revolvers , bolt action rifle 8 rd max magazine , semiautomatic shotguns 6 rd max should be non-registered & regular background check to own.
Everything else should have a Federal stamp .
There also needs to be a limit on how many guns you can buy in a year. No limits on ammo & Bob’s your uncle.
What is wrong with that ?

Good God that is a dumb idea. Newsflash: the federal government does not care about your safety, they only want more power and will take a mile every time you give an inch.

Only in the last 20 or 30 years has the school shootings problem become out of control. This is not a problem that can be fixed by adding more firearm regulations. This is a society that has become mentally ill by design and completely lost it's way. There is no quick fix

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Laws won't stop the Black Market.

They also don't stop sick people who have gone off the edge of sanity

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join