It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A small rant about pro gun Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I want to start this by saying I do not think its is logical to go door to door and take people's guns. I also don't think it is logical that that would EVER happen in the near or distant future. I can say that only crazed loonies believe this to happen. I see a lot of them on this website. A lot. I do think, to some degree, gun ownership is okay and a safe thing. Not everyone is a killer or mass shooter.

Now to begin, this is coming hot off the news of the latest mass shooting that took place in Tennessee. I've already seen posts on the front page of all things focusing on them being transgender. I think it is very, very delusional to focus on this being a main talking point of a more serious problem. I wish these people who make these posts to stop acting like morons and see, instead, what the underlying problem is. The problem is simple. Gun laws. It's not a transgender problem. It is closer to a mental illness problem in ALL people. But the main problem is our society and how we live.

We have a constitution to follow. A guideline to freedom. With freedom comes a cost. At some point, we need to understand that even the founding fathers could be flawed. We have a major gun violence crisis in our society and it's quite simple why it's us who has the overbearing majority of the problem on our land unrivaled by any other country. Any. We are not going to change from the path the founding fathers started for us. But we could. And we should.

There should be stricter laws. There should be limits. There should be ways to stop these mass shootings. Year after year after year. A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget, A school shooting happens, we discuss gun reform, we forget.

Owning a gun is not a god given right. God doesn't give that right. The founding fathers were not Gods. The founding fathers were not without fault, as they were humans like you and I. But to get to a better place in society, where we don't have to worry about these mass shootings as much as others countries, we need to change. We need to adapt to our times. If we don't, this cycle will never, ever end. And if you're okay with that, you are part of the problem.

+39 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ExiledSpirit777

What law would you pass right now that would eliminate mass shootings?

Keep in mind, murder is illegal.

And if you're okay with that, you are part of the problem.

So tired of this tripe. "If you don't agree with me and my twisted sense of morality....." blah blah blah

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The flaw in this type of logic is thinking someone who is capable of murdering children would resort to a less effective tool or give up completely

There are more effective tools and the internet is full of tutorials on how to make them

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

it's really going great in the land of the free, also known as the US of A, it certainly is everyone else's fault? maybe an overseas war will solve the issues, I mean this time, maybe...

here, every able-bodied man will be drafted, and potentially has a military grade automatic weapon with ammunition at home, The problem is obviously not guns, but the alternative culprit is much harder to accept.

the problem is a mental disorder that has befallen the whole country

it's the land of the free wackos now

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I don't think you're going to get an answer to that, because there isn't one and Op knows it. No matter what new law they come up with, it will never stop someone who is intent on harming others.

In my experience, cries for "gun reform" is just code for banning/confiscating guns.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I sent my guns to a re- education camp to be reformed. It seems to have worked well, they promised they will never participate in a mass shooting.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I'm not going to comment on US gun laws or The Second Amendment.
I've had the discussions on numerous occasions, its something for you guys to sort out.

So tired of this tripe. "If you don't agree with me and my twisted sense of morality....."

But with all due respect, isn't that exactly what you say to people with alternative views and take on things as you?
Democrats, Commie bastards, pro-gun control, pro-abortion, pro-Ukraine etc - as soon as anyone expresses any of those sort of opinions they are immediately lambasted and labelled 'part of the problem'.

Two sides of the same coin.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   

a person with mental health issues killed some kids and adults.
Why is it that when that happens, people's first instinct is to scream about the tools that person used?

If a skilled carpenter builds you a house, you don't thank his hammer.

Why not focus on the person and what made them think killing innocent kids was the right move.

And then, if you really want to do something about guns, figure out what law we have on the books would have prevented this, and it there isn't one, THEN we can talk about new laws, but as it stands, there were likely flaws in the system that allowed a person who suffered from Gender Dysphoria to purchase weapons.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

But with all due respect, isn't that exactly what you say to people with alternative views and take on things as you?
Democrats, Commie bastards, pro-gun control, pro-abortion, pro-Ukraine etc - as soon as anyone expresses any of those sort of opinions they are immediately lambasted and labelled 'part of the problem'.

There is a vast difference between challenging of ideas versus the forcing of an ideal through means that don't involve facts or reality.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I think it is incredibly disingenuous to ignore truths about these shootings and instead focus on some imagined flaw in the framers of our Constitution. No person is perfect. That is why it was a consensus that concluded the Bill of Rights was a necessary inclusion of God Given Rights in our Constitution. The right to keep and bear arms came second only to free speech. It is also the only right in the entire Constitution to contain the phrase "shall not be infringed".

You claim owning a gun is not a right granted by God. Defending your nation, your home, against tyranny is a God Given Right. And doing so without contemporary firearms is not possible. We fought one of the bloodiest wars in the history of this Nation to gain freedom from oppression. Now you want to take a huge step backwards because of some victims of mental illness that half our nation encourages, coddles, and enables that is taking a toll. Why not address the victims of mental illness, is this case gender dysphoria, instead of attacking law abiding citizens?

Guns have been around as long as there has been a United States. This problem we are experiencing has not. It follows to reason, to those whom are reasonable, that the availability of guns is not the cause. If this problem was due to the availability of firearms we would have seen this all along. The cause is obviously something else, something more recent.

Your understanding of this issue, in any respect, is severely skewed. Your belief that door to door confiscation could never happen and only crazed loonies believe it could is dangerously inaccurate. New laws passed in Illinois for 2023 indicate that owners of so-called "assault style weapons", a made up term to demonize semi-auto firearms, will either register their weapons including serial numbers with the state or face a class 2 felony charge. Any felony conviction means losing ALL your second amendment rights. If you fail to register the weapon you must prove it has been rendered useless, or transferred out of state. Failure to do so will result in criminal charges and confiscation. In one respect you are right, it is crazed loonies, its the democrat legislation in the state of Illinois who believes it could happen.

Declaring the founding fathers as flawed is the slippery slope. Suppose I agree with you that the founding fathers were not perfect and YOUR right to speak publicly on this subject should be revoked. You are instigating anger and hate, conditions that lead to violence. You are a threat to society and should either be removed or silenced to prevent bloodshed. See how easy it is?

Your characterization of gun rights advocates as not believing we should seek a solution to the problem of violence is inaccurate. I doubt you will find a more cohesive group of people who believe there should be common sense law and structure surrounding firearms than those who own them. The problem is what constitutes common sense law. You have rambled on and on about stricter laws and limits yet not once have you described any plan or method of removing firearms from the hands of criminals who commit these crimes.

Illinois just past sweeping new legislation on this very subject. And throughout the entire law they only describe a method of declaring many gun owners as felons and how to confiscate their weapons. They said nothing about illegally owned and unregistered firearms which are responsible for the lions share of violent crimes in this state. They never mention any plan to remove those firearms from the hands of the criminals who possess them. The ONLY firearms they talk about are the ones law abiding citizens own and report to law enforcement. By default, the ONLY weapons that will be targeted are the ones law enforcement can locate and verify via state records. This accomplishes nothing other than disarming law abiding citizens. The criminals, the mentally ill, still have their illegal firearms and will continue to use them. So, where is YOUR common sense?

Here is my version of common sense. On 9/11 a bunch of lunatics took control of several aircraft with various non-descript weapons and killed thousands of innocent people in an organized act of terror. We didn't ban air travel. That was never an option. Instead we secured cockpits on airplanes and armed the pilots. We have not had a single similar event since then. Some have tried, but none succeeded. So what do we do with our schools and our children? We put up signs that say "Gun Free Zone".

You want some common sense? Here it is:
We just gave $40 billion to Ukraine. Based on the number of elementary, secondary, and combined schools in this country, 130,930, we could put 4 armed swat team members for $70,000 a year each at every school and still have $3,339,600,000.00 left for extras like insurance, ammunition, drug dogs, metal detectors, etc.

There are currently 195 sovereign nations on this Earth. The US sends American tax dollars to 172 of them. That is 88.2%. In 2019 (the most current year of full stats) the total was roughly 47 Billion dollars. This year the US is on track for more than 60 Billion. This does not include funds for the war effort in the Ukraine which was 76.8 Billion between Jan '22 and Jan '23.

Here is the answer to the problem, fully funded, and proven effective.

Now, which of us is talking common sense?
edit on 29-3-2023 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Govern me Harder!
I will gladly give up my freedoms if the government promises to keep me safe.

The government has created the problem and now you want them to carry out their original goal, disarm the sheep, to keep you safe from the....

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Wasn't the constitution written about 280 years ago? Thereabouts. When the country was like the wild west and North v South etc. When people needed to bear arms.

Those days are well gone. So should that amendment.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

So in other words, you're dealing in facts and reality so its ok but they aren't so its not ok.

Having watched and observed for quite a number of years now as far as I can tell both sides seem to come from an incredibly locked in perspective and are as equally intolerant of other viewpoints as each other.

As I said, two sides of the same coin.

You disagree, fair enough.....no biggie.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I'm not going to comment on US gun laws or The Second Amendment.
I've had the discussions on numerous occasions, its something for you guys to sort out.

So tired of this tripe. "If you don't agree with me and my twisted sense of morality....."

Because they don't want to look at the reality, they just want to push their agenda of getting rid of guns.

When someone uses a truck to mow down a crowd of people, do they start screaming to ban trucks ?
No.
When a drunk driver kills a car load of kids and adults, do they scream to ban alcohol or cars ?
No.
Cell phones/distracted driving kills 11 kids PER DAY and do they scream to ban cell phones or regulate their possession by minors ?
No.

So, you can see why we don't think this is about saving kids so much as infringing on our Rights.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

....they just want to push their agenda of getting rid of guns

Whilst the other side just wants to push their agenda of keeping their guns and maintaining the status quo.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   

A small rant about pro gun Americans

And now, a small tribute to pro gun Americans..

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I wish my guns had all those sexy attachments.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Why should I give up my guns ?

I haven't hurt anyone. I haven't done anything at all to warrant the hate directed at me and millions of others who are completely innocent, but yet we get blamed every time something happens.

Illinois, New York and California have the most restrictive gun laws in the U.S.....how's that working out for them ?

I live in Kentucky and we have Constitutional Carry, meaning we can carry open or concealed with no permit.
Illinois requires a F.O.I.D. and 16 hours of training, plus extensive background checks to get a concealed carry permit
[I know because I had one when I lived there ] but strangely, the murder rate in Kentucky is much lower than Illinois.

In 2020 we had 323.
Illinois had 1151.

The gun laws are workin' great huh ?

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

that's so close to the underlying problem...

it takes barely any nudity and movies get labeled 18+, but violence is not considered a problem.

repressed sexual energy and a gun fetish? what could possibly go wrong?

happy times in the bestest country of the world

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What gun law would criminals actually follow?

By the very definition of being a criminal, they are willing to ignore any law that would stop them from doing whatever they want.

I am all for changing a few of the laws. Elimination of the "Gun Free Zones" for one. 'Gun free zones' translates to 'you can shoot for a while before anyone will shoot back at you.'

<<   2  3  4 >>

join