It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe collapsing but you would never know.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Entirely agree.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Cutepants

It is springtime in Britain, have a look. www.theguardian.com...

Do you thinbk we are wimps who can't handle a small amount of snow ?

If Hitler couldn't bomb us to submission what do you think a sprinkle of snow is going to do ?

By the way, first day of Spring is 21st March. We are still in Winter.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Quite right. He must be terribly disappointed that we aren't all freezing to death.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I remember thinking when the Soviet Union collapsed that finally the Cold War would end, military expenditures would relax and we could enjoy a "peace dividend". Then we had the computer revolution making things so much more efficient so wages should rise, right? But no, we started the open-ended War on Terror and within 7 years we had another banking "crisis". Meanwhile groups like Blackrock and individuals like Soros or Buffet grew their fortunes by leaps and bounds doubling their net worth every 5 years or so. What tragic mess, all completely unnecessary. Thanks to our greedy politicians willing to make laws and policies favoring corporations the big players made out like bandits while the rest gradually sink towards poverty. It is inevitable that we should collapse and reach a breaking point. When 50% of small businesses are pushed into bankruptcy and inflation is around the same the ordinary people can't keep up and are forced to sell off assets on the cheap to keep their heads above water. Meanwhile those assets go in to the ledgers of Blackrock and Vanguard or Bill Gates and his collection of farmland.
Keep the borders open, instigate friction between as many groups as possible and consolidate control. They just about own everything now. This is how we teeter towards Armageddon one loathsome step at a time. All I can hope is those responsible suffer as badly as the majority do or worse since it's primarily their doing.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I remember thinking when the Soviet Union collapsed that finally the Cold War would end, military expenditures would relax and we could enjoy a "peace dividend".

That made me think of day the Wall "fell." I was still in the service. I remember looking around the day room when the TV was showing pictures of people clamoring all over the Berlin Wall, laughing and singing. The two or three clusters of folks in there had varying degrees of emotions on their faces... there were the a few hoorahs, and general 'good feelings all around. My friend leaned over to me and whispered... "I think we can safely say we're winning the Cold War."

But we both knew the truth behind the imagery... that war doesn't end simply through the dissolution of the Soviet Union's apparatus...

In the end, after all these years, I think "we" were right... You can't win by killing the puppets... and the puppeteers seem to never be touched by any of it. We were outwardly pleased but inwardly we knew threats remained.

The real 'war' never truly ended... the conflicts which followed always appeared contrived to me... as if somewhere in the world it was always about what some "other" agenda was omnipresent. Sure, we can think that revolutionary progress in technology should 'uplift' us from our weaknesses, but it doesn't. Even our very economies are intricate contrivances elevated to bold deceptions.

The beneficiaries of these machinations are those who always remain poised to exploit these situations, even when that means exacerbating the damages and suffering. As you say, it is "completely unnecessary."

The thespian-class prostitutes we call "politicians" will always be the weakest link connecting the public to whatever "system of government" is in play at any point in time. Our deepest problem there is that their currency is not honorable service... the currency is "currency." And our generations have been indoctrinated to fervently apply currency as a measure of their true worth. And slowly we began to recognize the poor and "lesser class" as worthless, stupid, and fundamentally both "herd" and "fodder." and in true binary glory... those with currency are "better" than the rest.

As a result, our poverty is not of wealth, it is of 'value.' This is just economic manipulation to apply pressure to resistance.

I think the idea of "collapse" and "breaking point" pertains very much to the social engineering that may be in place. Humans will not collapse, nor do we "break." No matter what, humans always endure and overcome externally applied pressures (at least when those pressures are human.)

Many people hate it whenever they hear that there were organizations that were enriched egregiously after a war that kills thousand, damages millions, and was gained at the cost of more than that goes elsewhere.

I think we can do more...
I think we can make people understand...
I think that just because a single person can't make it stop, doesn't mean it won't be stopped.

And what's more... I think they have already failed...

I hear a bus.... and I am certain someone is going to get pushed under it...

edit on 3/10/2023 by Maxmars because: formatting - dang it!

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

The French absolutely love to protest, honestly they are they world's best at it.

Of course its not just about pension reforms, but it certainly isn't about NATO and Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

We may disagree on some things....but that was an excellent post.
Well written and thought provoking articulating so well what I know I, and I suspect many others, struggle so much to say.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The French absolutely love to protest, honestly they are they world's best at it.

Of course its not just about pension reforms, but it certainly isn't about NATO and Ukraine.

I don't believe I made any comment about NATO or Ukraine. Why are you acting like I did?

Just pointing out that MSM is always lying.

There are groups in France that are protesting more than just pension reform, and it's been going on for over 4 months, which is before there was any mention of pension reform. Some of them are probably protesting NATO too, now that you mention it.

edit on 3/10/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Mainstream media dead silent about any real news.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't believe I made any comment about NATO or Ukraine.

But the OP did and that was what prompted my initial response.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You see there is a problem with what Biden admin, some of the NeoCons GOP want to do with the Energy from America.

They want Europe to independent from Russian cheaper energy.

By exporting the American LNG.
There is a cost to this exporting of American LNG. the Price of electricity becomes higher in US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join