It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I...have..an..idea!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What if the way the federal reserve is set up is actually perfect except for one small modification?

Kick out the internationalists, and make every single taxpayer an equal stakeholder.

That's right. Every time you pay tax, you get figured in as an equal stakeholder among the rest of the taxpayers for that month.

I think this would be the only way ever inflation is applied in the correct manner.

What say you?

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79How about if before aid is sent abroad, every American is required to take out a loan, and make monthly payments. We can start off by telling each person how much they owe on the 30+ Trillion that is already red ink.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

You're thinking too small.

How about every American gets a say in whether foreign aid is sent at all?

ETA:if taxpayers were the stakeholders that $30 Trillion would have been owed to them.

Imagine the accountability the government would have been held to if that were the case.
edit on 27-2-2023 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
I like his idea better... Once people actually start paying for it, oh, they'll definitely have something to say. In fact, nobody says anything until it starts getting really painful, and even then, geez! The pain threshold in America is incredibly high, so effin lazy some would rather bleed out than do anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
To move towards a more accountable and representative government, something like this is a start.

Budgets can be tricky things to make sense of at times, not everyone has the skills, time or motivation to do. That is fine, but for the people that are interested and want to know more there are some bits and pieces around. What is proposed could be a great way to measure public sentiment on various matters, there is going to be a lot of variations in proposed spending, but in finding the common sentiment and something for those making the budgets to consider it is a start.

Trying to find a way through all these numbers that is easy to navigate and accurate is going to be tough. With human nature and money, any weak spot is going to get exploited.
edit on 27-2-2023 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   

In fact, nobody says anything until it starts getting really painful, and even then, geez! The pain threshold in America is incredibly high, so effin lazy some would rather bleed out than do anything.

As a good friend of mine has put it, "the people arent starving enough yet". There is still the mindset that this is a Nation built up so strong & resilient, that it can never fail. Sure, times are hard but it cant be as hard as other countries have it, riiiiight?

This...a Nation of people so conditioned, so spoiled on pleasures & instant gratification...hooked on it even that we will continously pursue such dopimine highs & in doing so ignore the reality of our situation & surroundings. A Nation of once wild hogs, blissfully feeding on the free food pile as the final wall goes up around us.
edit on 28-2-2023 by DeathisNothingnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

ETA:if taxpayers were the stakeholders that $30 Trillion would have been owed to them.

Imagine the accountability the government would have been held to if that were the case.

Foreign Aid is nothing more than disguised soft power projects for the CIA and other Alphabet agencies. It is also used to blackmail and bring 'to heel' any dissenting voices. Take Biden and Ukraine for instance when he threatened to withhold promised cash. Do we really think our governments have bleeding hearts?

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Yup.

Not only that, this will probably be their biggest money laundering operation to date as much of the "tax payer aid" gets siphoned back to Capitol Hill connected contractors.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
#TaxationIsTheft ... #UsuryIsSin... #IRSContractNullVoid
RE:member "no taxation without representation"? LOL

Nice 1a... Have you tried the 2nd?

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Direct democracy?

Or is it digital democracy because that's the only way such things can be implemented in a timely manner.

2nd thing that comes to mind is participation. In Australia you can be fined for not voting. For a realistic consensus there'd need to be high turn outs.

Tax payers as shareholders sounds very complex, software could do it although it might be easier borrowing some Chinese systems and altering them.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I believe all Taxpaying American Citizens (excluding all those who are non Citizens) should be given the choice to Vote on all import decisions -
Exactly where our tax dollars are going and to whom, for example - because we are not being told until sometime after the fact.
Issues such as Student Debt forgiveness, which the Supreme Court is hearing today - why shouldn't the taxpayers (many of whom had to pay their own student debt) decide whether they will, or will not, even wish to shoulder that massive amount?
We The People are paying the salaries of all those 'in power', they work for us and not the other way around.
I think they have forgotten that.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There is no need for a Federal Reserve. We have a treasury department that should be limited to only printing dollars backed by growth + whatever old bills are taken from circulation. It's basically a monetary blood bank international financiers draw from whenever they need money.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If democracy is not protected in foreign lands and dictators eat up other smaller more helpless countries and then get bigger and wealthier and more corrupt, how long before they start eyeing your country? Then what will it cost?

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The tax system is legalized robbery. No one should want to be a stakeholder in a criminal enterprise.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I'll leave the implementation to the smart guys, but I believe the idea is solid.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

What is this thing called democracy anyway, I wonder?

How did the world end up this screwed up if democratic countries have been dominating for so long?

Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

What is this thing called democracy anyway, I wonder?

How did the world end up this screwed up if democratic countries have been dominating for so long?

Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Isn't that the reason? We democratic countries do not dominate those countries that choose a different ideological form of government?

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think the meaning of words have long been twisted, it's only now we experience it on the micro level suddenly it's in our faces.

We're living in a world where words and actions have never aligned.

Do we even know what that does to our psyche?

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think the meaning of words have long been twisted, it's only now we experience it on the micro level suddenly it's in our faces.

We're living in a world where words and actions have never aligned.

Do we even know what that does to our psyche?

What have the wise people from the past advised?

Actions speak louder than words.

A well done is better than a well said.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Political races are often close calls these days, 5% differences. A more direct form of democracy won't bring social cohesion by itself... How could it?

How many people think a vote changes things and that their guy will fix it all? More democracy? We can barely handle what we've got.

Be careful what you wish for, I mentioned China's social system for a reason. I've talked to a few Swiss over the years and although I'm fond of the way they do democracy the people under it didn't necessarily think it was all that. Forced participation came to mind too.

Do you trust everyone in your society and respect their opinions? If not why would you want them voting on extra things?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join