It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Palestine Train Derailment: Controlled release plan at Ohio train derailment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) -- Officials continue to closely monitor the wreckage of a massive, fiery train derailment on the Ohio-Pennsylvania border in East Palestine, Ohio. It happened on the evening of Friday, Feb. 3 and the National Transportation Safety Board is investigating.

Officials monitoring the crash site urgently warned hundreds of nearby residents who had declined to evacuate to do so, saying a rail car was at risk of a potential explosion that could launch deadly shrapnel as far as a mile.

Source

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been picked up on here considering it's been going on since Friday.

On the 3rd a train derailed near the Pennsylvania-Ohio border. Among the 50 cars were a number transporting hazardous materials.

Crews had been working to put out the burning train since Friday until yesterday when they started getting readings that one of the cars was getting ready to blow.

While I don't think it was officially announced what was contained in the car, I did see some outlets report that it was vinyl chloride. Regardless, residents within a mile of crash were evacuated.

This then led to a controlled release of the contents of a number of cars earlier this evening in an attempt to prevent an explosion. The resultant cloud was large enough to be picked up by weather radar and was being tracked heading into Beaver County in Ohio.

At this time the EPA is monitoring air quality but remediation work has resumed.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Super familiar with the area. Thanks for posting this!

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Nasty stuff. I had to evacuate my property once when neighbors decided to burn pvc pipes a mile away.
The wind brought it directly to us and it must hang on the ground. It was vomit-inducing and smelled like cancer should.
We had a newborn and had to speed put of there in a car asap and call the police.
Scary situation.
I'd be watching wind directions closely in the surrounding area.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Holy crap! In a situation like that, with shrapnel and poisonous gases for a mile or so, you'd have to be prepared like you were in the trenches during WWI if you were going to refuse to leave the area.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

CONTROLLED RELEASE = DUMPED IN RIVER
thats why one mile evacuation

we got BABCOCK INDUSTRIES supergluing bolts
on nuclear reactor (life-hacks)
but,...it says right here on the label...
glues ANYTHING steel included

EQUITY OVER MERIT

I BET THEM GUYS SH*T WHEN THOSE BOLT HEADS
POPPED OFF DURING TESTING
i cannot wait till them nukular injunears grajiate

the future is gonna look really, REALLY BRIGHT!
with after-glow

edit on 2023-02-08T18:44:13-06:00pmpp44America/Chicago by cappie because: addon

edit on 2023-02-08T18:46:08-06:00pmpp46America/Chicago by cappie because: FIXED IT

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This isn't being talked about enough in the media. Local governments and insurance are playing dumb and refusing to accept blame for anything. Telling residents that the situation is fine. Local media has also been heavily criticized for down playing events by stating toxic clouds were just from the weather.

This looks really bad for residents and its a shame that this isn't being discussed enough. Iv'e seen comments from people who said that this is due to greed - from the railroad companys laying off people and making workers work extra hours. Some railraod works saying that they were encouraged to just pass inspections quickly, even if there was concerns.

Railroad workers are commenting that they expected this to happen at some point. EPA needs to intervene and regulate these greedy companies. This is not some freak accident - there are reasons why this type of thing happends.

Granted, I'm going mostly by commenters so I'm not sure how accurate this all is. But people are upset at the media completely failing to cover this and uncover the truth behind what caused this.

edit on 12-2-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Well I know at least one reporter has been arrested for trying to cover the story.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

www.newsweek.com...

Yea I saw that! I think that adds to the total frustration residents are feeling. That the local government are openly covering things up and pretending that it's not too bad.

These people should be arrested and hopefully EPA steps in and takes control of the situation.

And like I said, people are claiming that insurance is not covering this through home owner's insurance. As some people had to completely ditch their house because it's covered in toxic chemicals.

It's f#cked up. And a much bigger story than a China balloon that took over the media for 1-2 weeks.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
this is b/s in my opinion & something way bigger going on. Who knows it could even be Putin evening the ledger......& who could honestly blame him the way these cabal muppet's have been carrying on for...well,,,,forever really ??
Something real big is going on US way for sure as they been keeping the ol' chestnut " UFO's/UAP's are in our airspace " tucked smugly in bottom of back pocket.....until now.
Tell you what though that SOTUS dumpster fire, if that doesn't wake/shake the citizen's up over there then prepare to be living in conditions that your media portrays other nations citizens of living under( & that you MUST go liberate ffs ! )
In reality I guess at least the Chinese know where they stand under their Government whereas ( increasingly more ) here in West we've got 7 layers of obfuscation,psychopathy,lies,fraud & party politics all filtered thru Fabian run media to decipher before critically thinking thru any given information. Almost believing WW3 is a must & only chance of ( reduced) humanity coming thru it is for all these evil,narcs,pedo's,lying higher ups take each other out in process.
#mentally exhausted !

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Its insane they tried to have a media blackout about this.

This is what we are being distracted from with all the balloon bs.

Theres a great summary of the events that have been taken place since this happened

Link to video on twatter

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wasn't there a movie made not long ago about the same disaster in the same town?? Called "White Noise"?

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I mentioned it on the fourth in Chinese Spy Balloon thread, but living close enough to Dayton to watch WHIO channel 7- CBS I knew about it Friday night. Why was it a big story here? We had a train derailment in Miamisburg in 1986 in which White Phosphorus caught fire and burned for a week. 30,000 people were evacuated.

So they took East Palestine very seriously immediately and were sympathetic throughout the story until the all clear and still give minor updates like the fish kill and sick dogs.

Had a train derailment in my hometown on a Memorial Day in the early 1990’s. And they called an evacuation over what turned out to be asphalt tar and corn syrup leaking into the creek. Now it is never a good sign when the former sheriff now police chief, the fire chief, the EPA representative and the CSX representative look up the train track and stop arguing to cuss because three of the four saw me coming and know me well.

That poor CSX guy decides to use the other’s silence to play me. I just reached in my wallet and pulled out a business card. See, I had catered a company picnic at CSX’s headquarters in Jacksonville and the president had given me his card a couple years before. And I said before I make any phone calls, I’ll chalk that up to having a long, emotional day and let you know what the other three already know…I’m a little bit smarter than the rest of the local rubes in town and have a way of getting things down. Now I know where the train came off and I know why…speed. So here is the fix, no train goes over 35 mph until the rails five mile before and after this point are replaced. As he was about to speak, or no trains will come through here period. And I can explain the very simple procedure to stop them by pointed at a particular object and making an explosion gesture.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This was about 30 miles from my house in NE Ohio. Apparently about 10 HAZMAT cars with Vinyl Chloride, not sure if it was waste VC or raw material for manufacture of plastics. Either way, nasty stuff, not the worst possible chemical but still a pretty nasty volatile organic compound to release to the environment.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Pretty sure this was human error. Conductor apparently knew that a wheel bearing was overheating but figured he could make it the last 15 miles or so and decided to go for it. At least, that's the story I've heard.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Also heard that for a hazmat train like this there is suppose to be 5 crew members and there were only 2? Is that true?

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Since this happened animals in the neighborhood have been dropping dead, wild and domestic. And the "authorities" are saying it's okay to return.

Crazy.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

"Hundreds of dead fish" found belly up in Leslie Run stream located in East Palestine, Ohio.

Youngstown, Ohio is only 30 miles north and Pittsburgh 1 hour south.

twitter.com... 5865e7c21d56188fe649e8b991e2219385e4%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegatewaypundit.com%2F2023%2F02%2Fchemicals-identified-ohio-train-wreck- fish-wildlife-turning-dead-residents-told-safe-return-home%2F

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

If animals in your "neighborhood" are dropping dead can we get some confirmation? Are you still around there? If so I'd be worried about personal health. Scary stuff! Is it to cover up laptops, balloons, ufo's? This admin needs to go too many loose holes in any explanantion....

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Islandparty

I read about it yesterday in the news.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm sure many can sleep peacefully at night, knowing Mayor Pete, the US Transportation Secretary will be on the case!

He might even put together a taxpayer-funded study on the racist implications of this disaster

<<   2 >>

join