It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you own CHICKENS? If so, is this happening to yours?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Use basic local scratch feed mealworms and lettuce.

No eggs since Thanksgiving

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nevercompromise
During the pandemic the feed producers changed their recipes and it influenced the large egg producers to lose significant production.
I am rural and visit many farms in 4 valleys on a weekly basis.

I've been really concerned about feed since then too. At the beginning of the pandemic I lost all my pigeon flock of about 50 birds. They went downhill and died in about a week on the same brand as ever. They don't fly free either. In order to know my loft was safe to get new birds I sent some to the government lab and they fortunately found no disease just mild kidney damage which remains a mystery.

Then in summer that year I lost all my abyssinian guinea pigs but not my peru giants as I often got lazy and fed them rabbit food on my way past and not just the guinea pig food. It was a pretty heartbreaking year as I'd been working on these pigeons and cavies as show animals for some years.

Interesting to hear someone else saw changes in feed. Didn't hear anything due to recipe change but something sure went wrong. I wasn't a newbie with these animals and I hadn't changed any feed or routines. You always hope to learn from these things but the feed quality control is out of our hands. I can see producing your own feed for small amounts of animals but in any quantity is hard in today's world when people still have to keep regular jobs and such.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Lots of good responses. I am going to link this thread on her post.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: shaemac

I saw a thread about a brand that was reducing egg production. Let me see if I can find that again.

There was a story that said farmers were claiming that inflation and shortages were planned at the top level.
Nothing has changed on their end. Bird disease did occur, but nothing new.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
They eat LOTS o bugs

I have a little graveyard of rotting firewood that I let get inhabited by bugs thoroughly then toss one in the chicken pen. The girls think it's a feast. People make maggot buckets that I should give a try. Nature is the best recycler going.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Yep.

They know where the egg makin goodies come from!

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Actually yes, our chickens havnt been laying since before thanksgiving. I pushed it off to molting, but they are past that. Then I thought it’s because of the cold weather. Light isn’t a factor since we live towards the south west US now.

Our Rooster doesn’t cockadoodle doo which is weird.

I saw this OP and got very interested.

We feed our chickens scrap’s whenever So it’s probably not from the feed.

We’ll see if they start laying in the next couple months!

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this.

Pet food has recently jumped in price... and I mean jumped! I was paying $1.00 a pound for cat food and %6.99 for a 15 pound bag of dog food. Then in the space of one week, cat food jumped to $3.50 for 2 1/2 pounds of cat food and $11.89 for 15 pounds of dog food... same exact brand (I buy store brands because our critters get table scraps as well). That's a 40% jump for generic cat food and around a 90% jump for dog food. This happened a few months ago.

Feed is feed is feed. The same factories that make dog food also make cattle feed, goat pellets, rabbit pellets, chicken feed, cat food, etc. The components may change depending on the nutritional needs of different critters, but it's the same people in the same companies controlled by the same people in the same corporate offices.

People will pay a higher price for dog food and cat food. Dogs and cats are pets, often part of the family. But when it comes to livestock feed? Most people use livestock feed to either provide for their family when store prices are too high or to supplement income. As such, price matters... a LOT. The feed cost is a major cost in production of eggs, meat, etc., and if it costs as much (or even nearly as much) to raise livestock as it does to buy in the stores, people will buy in the stores. If someone can't make a profit off their livestock, they will stop raising livestock.

We all know inflation has gone nuts as of late. Well, believe it or not, companies do not always pass along costs... there is a point where people will simply not pay. On the other hand, a company cannot make a product if they receive less for that product than it costs them to make it. So what to do? Often that means lowering quality to keep the cost affordable.

I think we all know where this is going.

I'll also add that I am no fan of Tractor Supply. Their motto is "All the things you need for life out here." Folks, we have a Tractor Supply here... they do not carry "all the things you need for life out here," nor do the people working there even usually know what people need "out here." I liken TSC to Gatlinburg, TN... been there, and it's not a "country vacation retreat." It's what someone who has never stepped out of the city thinks country life is like. In the same vein, TSC is what some slicker idiot in a three-piece suit thinks people "out here" need.

The main culprit seems to be Producer's Pride... TSC's brand of feed. The company that makes Producer's Pride for TSC probably makes several other brands of feed as well, and I am coming to think they started cutting corners to try and keep the prices low. They probably left out or replaced some ingredients that chickens need to produce eggs.

Understand that chickens, biologically speaking, are extremely simple critters. They can eat about anything... and if they can't digest it it just passes right on through. Tiny brains, running almost completely off instinct, with a very minute ability to learn. If anything goes wrong (like hurting a foot or breaking a leg), they just continue on as best they can until something eats them. Egg production is really just a simple chemical equation: add protein, light, water, and calcium, and you get eggs. If the feed doesn't have enough protein (that they can absorb) or calcium, they just stop laying eggs until they can get the things they need.

There's one other aspect I have been hearing about: RNA in feed. Look, I know (and understand why) people are all upset over RNA tech. I'm coming to consider it dangerous as well, not because of ow it works but because it seems those creating it have forgotten what the mRNA is creating because they're too excited about using mRNA to create it. That's the problem with the "vaccines" for the Chinese virus... they work! They work well! But when they work, they produce something that is dangerous to humans.

But RNA cannot be absorbed intact in the digestive tract. RNA is a pretty big molecule, so if it is absorbed, it would be broken down first and there is nothing in the body to reassemble it into the same molecule. The body will make those components into whatever the body needs. It's like trying to ship a LEGO creation one LEGO at a time without instructions... you get a whole pile of LEGOs that will never again be what it was when it was disassembled and shipped.

So the worry about RNA in feed is unfounded. That's science. But the concern over something missing from the feed... that is not just possible, but probable. Again, that's just science (with some economics thrown in).

Simply put, if your chickens are not laying, change the feed. It may be better to make feed from home... several people have suggested various grains, and I'll add in (again) to crush up some eggshells instead of sending them to the landfill. One thing I have done is, while raising chicks (we do buy starter feed for that), I will walk outside to where the grass is high along the treeline and just strip the seeds off the grass. I mix that in with the starter feed, and it seems to work great. We do that while they are in the coop as well... a mixture of grass from around the edge of the hayfield, grass seeds, and when we can, we throw a few rolly-pollies, grubs, and earthworms into the mix. We only feed then a handful of feed during that stage, usually cracked corn (sometimes layer feed for a week before we turn them out).

Otherwise, get off your pocketbook and pony up to buy those golden eggs in the store.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is alot bigger than this thread does justice:

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Tractor Supply Chicken Feed Reportedly Causing Egglaying to Stop, Board has Ties to WEF, Jeffrey Epstein

Recent reports of chickens not laying comes in the wake of ongoing public concerns that the World Economic Forum is artificially causing food scarcity. The WEF has been widely criticized for repeatedly encouraging citizens to eat bugs in lieu of animal protein.

Tractor Supply’s CEO is Hal Lawton, based in Nashville, Tennessee. Tractor Supply is a publicly-listed company with $13 billion in annual revenue, 46,000 employees, and 2,003 locations in 49 U.S. states. Tractor Supply is specifically marketed to more rural Americans, where their company tagline is “for life out here.”

Tractor Supply has a board of directors composed of 10 individuals. One of them, Joy Brown, is a former executive for Vanguard, an index fund with $5 trillion under management. The three big index funds, Vanguard, BlackRock, and State Street, substantially financially support the World Economic Forum for the western world, and sources say also for the Shanghai Cooperation Organization for the eastern world.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

That makes more sense than other theories, especially in light of this little article: American clinic says nutrient in eggs could increase risk of blood clots.

Simply put, eggs are being accused of being the cause of the blood clots that can and do result from the Chinese virus "vaccines." The ingredient under suspicion is choline, which is a quasi-vitamin that is not produced in the body. It is instead absorbed through dietary sources. The largest sources are red meat, dairy, eggs, fish, etc. It is all but impossible to get enough choline without consuming some sort of meat. Most vegans take supplements that contain choline (at least the ones that don't look like they are ready to fall over and die on a good day).

The link to the WEF is quite incriminating, especially when one looks into what a choline deficiency causes: fatigue, memory problems, learning difficulties, etc. A lack of choline in the diet will cause a person to be unable to learn and think cognitively. The red meat we eat from the stores is much lower in choline than other, more natural sources of red meat. Fish is becoming crazy expensive, as is milk. And eggs are now skyrocketing in price. It's almost as though someone doesn't want the general population to get enough choline.

In other words, it's almost as if someone doesn't want the general population to be smart enough to know what's going on around them.

Yes, choline can cause blood clots, but only if taken in massive, and I mean massive amounts! That makes it a perfect scapegoat to cover the Chinese virus "vaccine" issues and at the same time get people to eat less eggs and get less choline. Who would want to do such a thing? The WEF. Who has the power to do such a thing? The WEF. Who would benefit from a dumber population? The WEF.

Methinks you may have hit on something here.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Damn, that makes this whole thread make a lot more sense.
I didn't realize, until I went and reread through this, that it is mostly about the TSC feed.
I get mine from Family Farm here in town, but now I have to wonder if people shouldn't just feed bird seed for a while now, or buy from your local farm elevator.

They really don't want us independent in any form, do they?
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well an update…my wife switched feed last week while I was on business, didn’t tell me… showed me pics of fresh eggs now! I think there is truth in all of this.

I’m leaning towards Ag spraying certain pesticides on certain crops. Or a contamination on certain crops.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I saw a post from a chicken group on Facebook, they all say that their chooks are not laying over winter, but usually, they have a few eggs. She said a white hen who gets out of the pen and forages all day is laying the rest have stopped, so she let the rest out, Then they all started laying and didn't touch the chicken feed. Birds are very good at knowing what to eat and what not to.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My brother stopped feeding his chickens feed. He was getting it from Tractor Supply.

They straight up free range now. But he does supplement with a concoction, that keeps them happy, and running to him the minute they see him. Something he makes with ground oyster shells, mixed vegetables, and berries. They went from nearly no eggs a day, to around 7 a day, to now 12 to 14 a day. In just 2 weeks.

His ducks are still daily layers. But they just came off age the first of January.

Their eggs are awesome.

We had a taste testing last week. We boiled up a batch of duck eggs and chicken eggs and had the people choose which was which. Of course everyone got it right.

We then went into the kitchen where they could not see us. We peeled both set of eggs, sliced them up and set to hem on platters. They then had to try to tell which was which. Not all got it right, even after tasting them.

All of them loved both the duck and the chicken eggs.

Weird how some people are afraid to try duck eggs, and are afraid they are going to be gamey and wild tasting. When the ducks and the chicken are both domesticated.

edit on 27-1-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I found this one, about the white hen. www.bitchute.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I was thinking about this last night. Here in the grocery stores eggs are available, but we are seeing more high end eggs. Blue eggs, green eggs, free range eggs, organic eggs that are as much as 10 per dozen.

There are the white factory eggs too but nowhere near in the quantity that was available in the past.

Those white eggs come from those factory farms where they have culled because of bird flu (I don't believe it) or actually burned down these facilities.

Could this be by design? So homesteaders' hens are not laying. White eggs are not available or have tripled in price if you can find them.

I would not be surprised if TSC is part of all of this. Push the egg prices up. Make people who have their own flocks buy eggs.

Someone is making money on this situation. It's always follow the money.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They are also starting to burn chicken factories down. And of course sabotaging tractor supply feed.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Isn't it a shame that we have sooo many blissy ignorant comedians here. They are so way over the top one wonders if the are plants embedded by the UN, WEF or WHO.

Your link is onto something and its NOT just a coincidence. For almost 20 years we have been buying the generic bird seed as sold by Tractor Supply. Never had an issue until 2019 when the wild birds would no longer eat it so I dumped the entire remaining bag on the shoreline. Guess what, no wild animals would eat it either including deer, crows, rabbits, raccoons, fox, etc. My wife works at one of the larger broiler producers in the USA. Her organization is vertically integrated such that they produce their own chicken feed and also the corn, etc. So they control most of their own destiny. FYI the chicken layer disease did not affect them.

Getting back to the bird seed. We changed suppliers and the birds returned immediately.

So, I read your thread and did a quick search. Look at what pops:

Tractor Supply Chicken Feed Reportedly Causing Egglaying to Stop, Board has Ties to WEF, Jeffrey Epstein

Online claims have emerged, corroborated by others, that the popular “Producer’s Pride” chicken feed sold by the Tractor Supply chain has been recently altered and that its new formulation is causing chickens to stop laying eggs. Some suggest a deliberate reduction in the amount of protein in the feed may be causing the reduction in egg production. Let’s hope this isn’t true. But anything is possible these days. pic.twitter.com/T1pxiW5rw8 — KeriA (@KeriA1776again) January 22, 2023 Hens do lay fewer eggs in the winter time due to reduced sunlight. Farmers have often used a light to expose hens to longer light so as to produce more egg-laying. Yet farmer sources report that they are seeing a much-greater-than-normal reduction in egg production, to the point where many report that hens are laying zero eggs instead of merely a reduced laying frequency. There is no word on whether this is a temporary or a permanent change among Tractor Supply feed.

There are also many other stories about the above. So many that it appears to warrant another thread on ATS. I have the correlation to Seed ~ Tractor Supply ~ WEF ~ Chicken Feed and Poultry

Not only is something wrong in Denmark but it appears the USA is under siege by enemies foreign and abroad.
edit on 29-1-2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I wrote a post to the thread author. We have bought generic Tractor Supply bird seed sold in their white bags with maroon lettering for almost 20 years. Never an issue and everyone loved it including the deer, raccoons, squirrels and the neighbors dog.

Then in either 2019 or 2020 all stopped eating the seed immediately. Nothing for weeks as we kept changing it out. Then we bough another fresh bag three months apart. Again they would not touch it. Then we changed to another store and all returned overnight.

This is feed for wild birds. So did they sense it was poisoned or toxic to them. Read my other post here.

Then we have this: Also sold at Tractor Supply

Cattle deaths might be linked to Producer's Pride feed manufactured by Purina Animal Nutrition
edit on 29-1-2023 by Waterglass because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join