It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you own CHICKENS? If so, is this happening to yours?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Disclaimer: May need Twitter to view.
Also, I know nothing about Chickens. I am just going on what people are discussing.

There is something trending on Twitter right now.
A woman by the name of KeriA is on Twitter with a video talking about her chickens and how they have not laid any eggs since Halloween. She believes the chicken feed that she buys is the culprit.
There are many responses and a lot are saying they are finding the same problem - the usual chicken feed they buy is causing their chickens to not lay eggs so they are switching to other types of feed which is resulting in egg laying.

It is believed that there is something either being put IN the food or being taken OUT of the food to cause chickens to no longer lay eggs.

Here is her video.

Are you experiencing this or know of someone?

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Maybe this is why eggs are so scares these day. Eggs are the new gold.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Its only a report a single twitter tweet lets wait and see what other chicken owners say.

edit on 22-1-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Got eggs this morning.

Use feed from the local TSC.

FWIW.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The best thing to do with this is take some of that "feed" to a testing lab, or ask a veterinarian for recommendations on how to find out if it is the chicken feed. Results could be surprising. You might need to call a few veterinarians, or even a chicken producer, just preliminary friendly inquiries might yield good results.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The people I get my eggs from aren't getting hardly any eggs. They should be getting eggs already since the molting is done already. I will have to ask her if they recently changed foods. They usually are producing pretty good already this time of year.

The price of feed has gone way up and maybe they switched to another brand.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I saw a thread about a brand that was reducing egg production. Let me see if I can find that again.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   

We use standard scratch feed supplemented with laying pellets.

Same production as usual.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Your hens may not be laying because they are too young.
Your hens may not be laying because they are very old.
Your hens may not be laying because it's wintertime.
Your hens may not be laying because they're molting feathers.
Your hens may not be laying because they're broody.
Your hens may not be laying because they have internal parasites, because they have external parasites, or because they're ill.
Many illnesses cause a drop or cessation of laying (some are listed below).
Your hens may not be laying because they're stressed.
Your hens may not be laying because they don't have a proper diet, such as enough calcium.
Another possibility is that your hens ARE laying... but that you're not finding their eggs for a number of reasons. here are a few things that may fool you into thinking that your chickens are not laying eggs when they actually are! Be sure to click on each possibility here for more details and a more in-depth discussion.

Reasons your chickens are not laying

Cold weather from Halloween on ?

edit on 1/22/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This one reports Producers Pride from TSC is bad.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Its only a report a single twitter tweet lets wait and see what other chicken owners say.

In the responses, many other chickens owners are saying the exact same thing.
But wanted to come here and ask yall too

Again, I dont have chickens and know nothing about them except that I eat them. LOL
edit on 2023 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Cold weather from Halloween on ?

Yessir, that is one reason they won't lay as much.

We add the Laying Pellets (High Energy) to their winter diet for that reason.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Been thinking the same. That's it, no more layer feed. Switching to compost scraps from here on out. F them and their plans.

The future of survival is all about hacking and being one step ahead of the NWO.

edit on 22-1-2023 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I'm seeing this on tiktok as well. Plenty of videos about chickens not laying eggs for months. People switch the feed to something else, like goat feed, and after a short time the chickens start laying eggs again. Curious to know what's in the old feed that makes the chickens stop laying.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Another thing they can do honestly

Bones from dinner.......throw those out there with some of the meat left on them

That extra protein will help them get to laying, its what we use to do when i was a kid if we were having trouble

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: JinMI

This one reports Producers Pride from TSC is bad.

Taken down already.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I had chickens for years and only a handful of Isa Browns, a commercial egg breed, laid eggs all winter. It's winter right now in the northern hemisphere so I wouldn't worry.

I only have muscovy ducks now for eggs and today is the first day I've seen them breeding this year and certainly no eggs yet, nor would I expect any at the moment. Chickens start a little earlier but it's still January!

Nature is likely telling them it's not time yet.

Editing to add... could be feed issues as I've run into that but more the toxic level where animals died not just not producing. I had problems with feed the year of the pandemic after things shut down so now, with many industries short staffed it's possible that there are feed issues but I can't see it across many feed factories.
edit on 23-1-2023 by igloo because: nother thought

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   
They eat LOTS o bugs

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Got 5 eggs this morning from 7 ISA Brown hens. Considering it's the middle of winter, that's pretty good.

Chickens need a lot of energy and calcium to lay. If someone is having trouble getting their chickens to lay, try feeding them the old eggshells (crushed up). You can pass that along to Twitter if you want (Redneck no Tweet).

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join