It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last of us (HBO tv show)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Dont know if anybody is into the Last of US yet but I was a big fan of the first game. The second game (part 2) not so much. I think also Part 2 was involved in gamer gate right? Well anyhow I watched the first episode and I am so into it. It looks like they are trying to stay true to the first game and makiing it really feel like the game. I think even Neil Drukman ( If i have his name right) is even involved with the show as he was the writer for the original game.

I knew that finding a strong actor to play Joel was going to be neccessary for this show to work, and wow did they score big with getting Perdo Pascal ( mandolorian, Kingsmen golden circle, Narcos,) The acting is good even if maybe the actress who is playing Ellie maybe doing to much but its early. It seems like we have people who are passionate about playing these roles and characters.

Hopefully the show we keep out all of the stuff from Part 2 that led to so much controversy.

But anyways anyone else into the last of us and like what they see so far?

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher
I liked the first game too.
The show was decent so far-creepy scene with the neighbor!
Good to see Anna Torv from Fringe in it too-I didn't recognise her for a while as she was beat up.

Hope it stays reasonably close to the story as it is so far,because it was definitely one of the better written game stories IMO.
Looking like its the semi collapsed skyskraper area next episode,so we should see our first proper clickers.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Game was kinda gay.

Ill pass.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Loved the game, and the show is a perfect adaptation so far! I may be a little biased because I fell in love with Pedro Pascal's character in Game of Thrones, but I'm super excited for the rest of the season.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Game fan here.

The first episode kept me entertained. I liked that they stayed close to the look and feel of the game.

The girl for me, the verdict is still out, to be continued on her.

She has some big shoes to fill. No really, she should find shoes her own size and stop wearing big shoes.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 12:22 AM
link   

All I know of the game is the about 2-3 hrs I watched my friend play. I honestly almost bought a PS just for tLoU (and Death Stranding).
I still haven't watched the first EP yet, but definitely will tomorrow!

ETA: Couldn't wait till tomorrow to watch it. 34 min in and it's already sad
edit on 19-1-2023 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I hear nothing but good things about this show but I hesitate to watch it because I played the games and already know all the twists and shocking moments.
I feel like it will take much of my enjoyment away if I already know what's going to happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yeah I feel if they can actually capture the wonder and curiosity that Ellie displayed about seeing all the landscapes and things from the past that was translated in the game. As in Joel explaining to Ellie that we had all these things. And actually feeling her reactions to some of those things if that piece can be replicated you might have something good.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I usually don't like long pro long setups and things like that but I actually thought with the first episode Joel's daughter did a good job with her acting. and with them in the truck you saw her emotion as the world was changing right before her eyes. I mean I wouldn't have mind if the whole first episode was them adjusting to the new world.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Can't imagine it being all that much better than The Walking Dead, which I gave a rating of 2.6 (FTWD: 2), out of 10.

The only episode in TWD that I barely liked was the one where they lead the zombieherd from the quarry away from Alexandria (and even that one had quite a few flaws). Having seen the playthrough of TLOU I doubt there will be any episodes like that.

Safe to say, I'm not that excited about yet another zombie show, zombies have been done to death (whether they call them zombies or infected, or whether or not they are technically zombies or dead). I do like the idea of mixing it up a little with clickers and bloaters, but Resident Evil has more types of T-virus infected monsters (talking about the games and the movies, haven't seen the show, heard it was really bad). I'd rather see them make another Stargate show, I've waited long enough.

#BringBackStargate
edit on 21-1-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It's better than I expected, the first 2 episodes that is. Rating: 5.7. That's fairly high in my rating list if you compare with shows that are still running (I liked the scene with the clickers).

The House of the Dragon (7.2)
The Mandalorian (7.1)
Halo (7)
Loki (6.9)
Andor (6.4)
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (6.3)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (6.1)
Foundation (6.1)
The Witcher (6)
What If...? (6)
The Last Of Us (5.7)
The Book of Boba Fett (5.4)
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (5.3)
Arcane (5.1)
The Orville (4.8)
Picard (4.7)
Shadow and Bone (4.5)
ST Discovery (4.4)
The Boys (4.2)
The Wheel of Time (3.8)
Stranger Things (3.6)
Willow (3.2)
The Peripheral (3)
The Flash (2.8)
Dota: Dragon's Blood (2.6)
Doctor Who (2.5)
Legends of Tomorrow (2.3)
From (2.1)
FTWD (2)
Peacemaker (1.9)
The Sandman (1.7)
Doom Patrol (1.6)

The rating list is based on using Stargate SG-1 as the standard, at 10. So at the top it looks like this:

Stargate SG-1 (10)
Babylon 5 (9.5)
Star Trek DS9 (9)
Stargate Atlantis (8.9)
Game of Thrones (8.5; ignoring the last season)
Blackadder (8)
The Expanse (7.5)
Stargate Universe (7.4)
Star Trek TNG (7.3)
edit on 24-1-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Did anyone else get those wuhan vibes fron the second episode?

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Game was kinda gay.

Ill pass.

FWIW the show is not "kinda", its fully gay lol.

Liked the first 2 episodes the 3rd episode can only be described as basically a gay broke back mountain rendition of the last of us.

Don't care to watch romance and dramas let alone gay romances . I'm sure the wokeness will only progress from here . I was really hoping more of a story on the sci fi aspect of it than the drama and wokeness it appears to be pushing.

I guess I will continue re watching old shows and movies without the woke distractions or push .

edit on 03131America/ChicagoMon, 30 Jan 2023 15:03:53 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Did it stiffen up a bit when you didn't want it to?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: interupt42

Did it stiffen up a bit when you didn't want it to?

nobody cares about your fantasies, keep it to yourself.

i watch tv to be entertained and i mostly watch and enjoy the sci fi genre not lifetime for women.

edit on 30131America/ChicagoTue, 31 Jan 2023 04:30:43 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah the 3rd episode was a bummer in contrast to the first two episodes. Lets grow the dynamic of Ellie and Joel and not try to win awards or representation trophies.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Yeah the 3rd episode was a bummer in contrast to the first two episodes. Lets grow the dynamic of Ellie and Joel and not try to win awards or representation trophies.

Agree with the gay or not, the acting was phenomenal. There were hints toward Bill and Frank being a gay couple in the game, and there's not enough main game material to make a series. They need backstories and fillers.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

And what a surprise that the 2 backstories that they added involve an Indonesian woman who is apparently the go-to person for a Muslim government when it comes to infectious diseases (a little unbelievable) and an entire episode about a gay couple (the first backstory was at least nicely interwoven into the original gamestory, without taking up so much time, i.e. without being a filler).

My rating went from 5.7 to 3.7 after episode 3. Maybe episode 4 can bring it back up a bit. My rating is a bit volatile so early on.

I think there's sufficient original stuff from the game already though, there's not that much need to add to it. I would have preferred an entire episode of dealing with the infected and clickers, interspersed with Joel - Ellie banter, cause we skipped a lot of that from the game (I guess it's natural that in the game you have more action like that, but still, if the excuse to add stuff is that there's not enough material in the game...there is; just depends on what you want to show and how you want to fill the time, it's not like nowadays you have to do over 20 episodes per season anymore anyway).
edit on 5-2-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Third episode was a low point, not so much because of the Bromance but I'm really interested in the two main characters. Which the third didnt move it along.

Episode 1 - 8
Episode 2 - 7.5
Episode 3 - 2.5

Ellie and Joel need to really kick it into high gear in 4

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I really dont see what the fuzz is about regarding episode 3,..
A well written back story about love and death and all thats in between,

made me smile even a few times ,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join