It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheila Jackson Lee Introduces Bill Criminalizes Any Criticism of Person of Color by Whites

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Peace Panda, I mean Lionking, whatever your avatar is šŸ˜

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: vNex92
As a former educator, I am trying to see how a teacher could correct or call out a student's schoolwork, work ethic, behavior, etc... without fear of being punished, were this crazy law to pass. (Spoiler: no way this thing passes!! Ludicrous.)

Really? Did you read the bill's text, or just the OP?

What grade do you teach that you would have to condescend to a student's input whose "white supremacy ideology has motivated the planning, development, preparation, or perpetration of actions that constituted a crime or were undertaken in furtherance of activity that, if effectuated, would have constituted a crime."

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
We might want to go easy on Sheila Jackson Lee, with regards to her understanding the Constitutionality of her bill, she believes the US Constitution is over 400 years old.
Sheila Tidbits

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Where would any of these dumb politicians be without being able to modify crimes into subdivisions like ā€œhate crimeā€

As if a persons mindset when committing a crime should have anything to do with the punishment. Did they do it in purpose? Thatā€™s about as far as it could go. shellia Lee knows this very well and also k owns shed be working through register at mickie Ds if not for dumb stuff like these criminal mental subdivisions

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Marxist agenda advancing šŸ˜€

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
1st Amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I am pretty sure before becoming a representative for Texas's congressional district.

All representatives in Congress must swear an oath to the Constitution that they would defend and protect the Constitution.

Not make nor make amends to the Constitution.

Its almost as if these polticans dont even the read Constitution..

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: butcherguy

I am pretty sure before becoming a representative for Texas's congressional district.

All representatives in Congress must swear an oath to the Constitution that they would defend and protect the Constitution.

Not make nor make amends to the Constitution.

Its almost as if these polticans dont even the read Constitution..

They ALL know EXACTLY what they're doing. They have instructions. They also know what is violated and when there's nothing much anyone can do when they themselves exercise their 1st and 14th Amendment Rights in spite of it all šŸ˜€

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Imagine attempting to work as a teacher or coach under that law.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It isn't just whites who've conquered, enslaved, etc., etc. Everyone who's ever waged war has done it. Take a look at some of the African nations these days. They're still practicing slavery. Look at the wealthier Arab nations and their identured servants.

Whitey has just been the most successful at it, so whitey has to pay for it. šŸ™„

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

But none of that is in the US , so the Dems and all of their followers don't give a hoot about it. It doesn't benefit them and get them votes so those numbers and facts don't exist.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here's another whopper .

Jackson Lee felt all ethnic groups should be represented when referring to stormā€™s names and the racist practice of giving ā€œlily-whiteā€ names to these storms should come to an end.

What types of names did Jackson Lee want included for storms and hurricanes?

Names, such as Keisha, Jamal, and Deshawn.

michiganchronicle.com...
edit on 16-1-2023 by Hangontight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Is this that white fragility I am told about?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

They mean business and it's specifically directed at white supremacy and their social media platforms and 'replacement' theory can mean any peoples in their crosshairs.

(B) at least one of whom published material advancing white supremacy, white supremacist ideology, antagonism based on ā€œreplacement theoryā€, or hate speech that vilifies or is otherwise directed against any non-White person or group, and such published materialā€”

(i) was published on a social media platform or by other means of publication with the likelihood that it would be viewed by persons who are predisposed to engaging in any action in furtherance of a white supremacy inspired hate crime, or who are susceptible to being encouraged to engage in actions in furtherance of a white supremacy inspired hate crime;

edit on q00000030131America/Chicago2323America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Wow, is beyond me how this type of trash get elected in the US, I guess people are still dumb and stupid when it comes to political trash.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There should be strict laws in place that allows prosecution of anyone who attempts to make a law that conflicts with the constitution or bill of rights.

Make the penalty life in prison.

End of story.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hangontight

Would it be considered criticism of the wrong kind for a meteorologist to report on the destructive but mostly peaceful potential of one of those storms?

Oh lawd, he comin'!

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sheila Jackson Lee Introduces Bill Criminalizes Any Criticism of Person of Color by Whites

Let's just keep the "Introduces Bill Criminalizes Any Criticism of " you can add anything else after,

Of government,

Political figures,

Phama,

Corporations,

Tecnology

Vaccines

The sky is the limit

Is call, dictatorship, or just like living in China

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That is a Violation of Caucasian American's Civil Rights . Shoe on the Other Foot Shelia.............

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Reading this gave me a headache.

Here's an idea; stop lumping all white people into your stupid little rant. It's racist as all get out, and as a white woman, you don't get to speak for me.

You didn't choose your skin color, no one does. Why anyone should feel bad about it is beyond me. I am so sick of this "woke" b.s. You all need to move on, the virtue signaling bank needs a new topic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join