It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheila Jackson Lee Introduces Bill Criminalizes Any Criticism of Person of Color by Whites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

my mixed friends group of Hispanics and white break eachothers balls all the time. I know things look bleak in mycurrent place, but at least im not in the US

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   
the world gets more wibble by the day... covid has unleashed a wave of authoritarianism/misogyny and racism not seen since the tail end of the Victorian era and the end of the British empire..

i do wonder if that signposts what happens next and we swing to the other extreme..

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The funniest way you can # with this law is to criticize black people by saying "Listen! If you didn't vote for Biden then you ain't black."

Have them try to arrest you by quoting their leader verbatim.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Yeah sure, as soon as the Karen word stops being used. Hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow

I see people as people, your a jerk or an ass imma call you on it. I dgaf what color your skin is, or where your from. I follow the guidelines of treating people how you want to be treated, and if they piss you off tell em to f*off and leave. Why waste all this time and energy on hateful people.

Everyone in the world is hated by somebody, ppl need to get over it and let people be. My problems are anyone who feels like they can suppress another. I don't do that, and I expect the same respect. If not I write you off as scum and move along. You come at me, then prepare to kill or be killed all there is to it. I won't make that move cause I am a pacifist at heart and believe violence as a last resort, but I ain't no body's fool.

Cause ppl be putting their personal value way higher then it realistically is.

News flash, the world would keep on turning doesn't matter if your alive or dead. Cause it doesn't revolve around the individual.

If I call the other person a bitch, it has nothing to do with their skin tone, they need an attitude adjustment is all. But even then I don't hold it against them maybe a bad day wtf knows. Point is learning to let go and move on is something the entire world needs.

Everybody gets screwed, everybody experiences racism. In the 90s my first real bf was black, and most hate came from the African race. My great aunt is a racist, guess what that mentality is dying out(it didn't pass to me or my cousin's). You don't want to be stereotyped then don't act like a stereotype.

Let the old ppl with that mentality die off and go forth with new views on life. There is zero reason to carry hate in your heart for anyone lest it consumes you and swallows you whole.

You may think your being all worldly, multicultural and new age but I tell you now at best you ooze ignorance and at worst danger, have a long look at your attitude in the above and prior posts....... you said post prior that you "hate everyone.equal" yet just above "there is zero reason to carry hate" so which is it? - and judging by your attitude above I believe your a hater which renders you incapable of informed input here.

Furthermore - white man has been concoring/ colonising/ enslaving/ kidnapping and countless other atrocities towards "persons of color" since white man stood erect so seems to me this bill is a good place to start repenting at the very least.

Yes I am white, yes I am not ignorant to history, yes I am ashamed to be white.and yes this bill makes perfect sense contrary to the unfortunate popular opinions as expressed above by many.

White man has long deserved to be put on a leash, its been a very very long time coming............regardless, if a white individual is capable of seeing all man as equal then the fear of breaching the bill will be a non starter anyhow.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Dude really!

You’re ashamed of being white? God made you! It is what you do
As a person that makes you who you are!

I want a bill to eradicate Karen from the dictionary, it clearly states *white* woman.

I have been respectful to everyone I’ve ever met, unless you physically attack me or my child were good. You do that and I won’t tolerate it!

My kid was physically attacked weekly when he was younger and called cracker, where’s his reparations?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Ms Lee should read the 1st Amendment and stop trying to censor speech.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Couldn’t edit first post, wanted to add , I wasn’t calling you a hypocrite V, was calling stupid Jackson one!

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
As a former educator, I am trying to see how a teacher could correct or call out a student's schoolwork, work ethic, behavior, etc... without fear of being punished, were this crazy law to pass. (Spoiler: no way this thing passes!! Ludicrous.)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Yes I am ashamed to be white for reasons clearly stated in my 3rd last paragraph because the things white man does and has done to "people of color" is indefensible.

So my being ashamed of white mans history is what I do as a person to make me who I am and I am not ashamed to be ashamed of what my race has done and still does.
That's why God made me white, its part of my tests whilst on this God forsaken planet he wanted to see if I could evolve past a white mans mindset......which I have.

Sorry to hear about your offsprings experience it is not right either and his reparations i imagine will come in time as he grows to understand where the disrespect really comes from.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yes. All those negative attributes only exist in white men. Not mankind.
No other race has conquered other races. No other race has owned slaves.

Somewhere, someone told you it’s cool to hate yourself and you believed it.
It doesn’t make you one of the good ones. It makes you one of the weak ones.

It’s ok to be white.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

He has never held a grudge as he understands how poverty/negligence can affect people. Most of the abuser kids had absent mothers or mothers who were ghetto trash who smoked reefer all day and clubbed all night.

He is intelligent and kind. I really don’t want reparations obviously, I just cannot stand unfairness.

I paid for my sons braces, all my neighbors got theirs for free. Free college with extremely low grades requiring further education before the free college could start, yet my best friends daughter has a 4.0 gpa, and she’ll get nothing because her parents worked all their lives.

The abusers were given every advantage, break, and they still hated white people for no reason that I could see.

I’m sick of hearing about what some abusive jerks did a long time ago. I shouldn’t have to pay for others sins mkay!

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It sounds like Sheila Jackson Lee is a nutter... she is projecting her radical racism onto white people.

Like all far-leftist, she is a perfect example of racial manipulation

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I’m sick of hearing about what some abusive jerks did a long time ago. I shouldn’t have to pay for others sins mkay!

Its not that simple mkay!

Its certainly not all about this generation the next or the last, these are deeply entrenched social issues that has to be addressed somewhere for change to initiate. Sorry if that interferes with your schedule and your sick of hearing it, maybe the evolution of white mans attitudes towards people of difference can be put on hold till you and your like have passed.on ehh? Maybe it'll only take another couple of thousand years then?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The social issues are mostly drug /gang related.

I ask you, oh wise one, have you ever lost a job position because of a false discrimination complaint? I have! (I applied for a position as well as my friend (who is black - we were best friends) we also worked together; my s/v pulled me aside and apologized and wanted me to know that she wanted to give me the position, but my friend filed a discrimination complaint and she had to give it to her, this was over 30 years ago). I kept it secret, and I was still friends with the woman, but she started acting strange and quit a month later). It was my first experience with that kind of bullsht.

Has your child ever been attacked because they are white? Mine has!

Carry on you sacrificial lamb you 🐑

edit on 16-1-2023 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

Yes. All those negative attributes only exist in white men. Not mankind.
No other race has conquered other races. No other race has owned slaves.

Somewhere, someone told you it’s cool to hate yourself and you believed it.
It doesn’t make you one of the good ones. It makes you one of the weak ones.

It’s ok to be white.

Who said its only white man ? But this thread is about white man issues.

Get your crystal ball serviced its in need of a tune - desperately!

I know its okay to be white but it's not okay to be ignorant and in denial.

You think I'm weak.......take a long hard look in the mirror if you can stomach it.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The social issues are mostly drug /gang related.

I ask you, oh wise one, have you ever lost a job position because of a false discrimination complaint? I have!

Has your child ever been attacked because they are white? Mine has!

Carry on you sacrificial lamb you 🐑

Yes on all of the above believe it or not.

But I can see your frustration now at understanding but being incapable of implementing, call me what you want, consider me a traitor to my color but in reality those who see me in that mindset are actually textbook definitions of why such bills need implementing at least at face value.

I know its hard to see.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I don’t view you as a traitor. I will admit, I don’t understand you and that’s ok!

Like they say in the hood, You do you, and I’ll do me!

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I will admit, I don’t understand you and that’s ok!

Like they say in the hood, You do you, and I’ll do me!

Its not me you don't understand its society and its really not okay but it is somewhat understandable to a degree considering influences and experiences.......I hope your spirit learns to evolve past yourself.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

The keyword is criticism.

It is the in OP. The word "criticism" doesn't appear in the bill's text.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join