It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Government Funded Food Pyramid Says Lucky Charms Are Healthier Thank Steak

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sometimes people wonder why I do not blindly trust what the government and media reports as "supposed" fact. This one is a great example. If I ate what they told me to eat, I would probably be dead of heart disease, diabetes, and malnutrition within a year.

www.goodranchers.com...

Buckle up. This one is a doozy. You probably missed it, but in September 2022, the White House hosted a conference that focused on nutrition, health, and hunger in America. Dariush Mozaffarian, who was one of the main organizers of the event and is currently Dean of the Tufts School of Nutrition — presented a newly designed food pyramid that only cost 3 years of time and millions of taxpayer dollars. The new wisdom they found? Lucky Charms are healthier than steak.

Don’t believe me? Here’s some results pulled out of the Tuft Food Compass

sites.tufts.edu...

edit on 15-1-2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I expected to see bugs at the top of this list. I’m greatly disappointed.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It's government funded research...I expect no less!

I'm a fan of both steak, and Lucky Charms, in a pinch though...Lucky Charms is going to win every time!

Interesting find!

edit on 15-1-2023 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What the absolute F?
This has to be a joke….if not get ready for a future country full of health issues!

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I fear we are always going to be subject to the declarations of committee-based science 'facts.'

Needless to say, their 'charts' are "politically approved," which is to say they are not belligerent to existing commerce models.

Excellent topic: especially from the viewpoint of what we (the public) are being "sold" as opposed to being "told."

It's worth noting that since the effort to bring this kind of "science" to the fore front of policy-makers minds, obesity has skyrocketed... go figure.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

NEW GOVERNMENT FUNDED “FOOD-PYRAMID” SAYS LUCKY CHARMS ARE HEALTHIER THAN STEAK

You didn't have to scream. Now my ears are bleeding.

This is what I have come to expect from governmental, indoctrination centers, and corporations in the woke 21st century.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You zhal not eat zee meat , it is ze unhealthy .

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If I am readingthis right the more devoid of sustenance the better in their opinion.

Bowl of rice 3/10
Empty bowl 10/10! Wow so healthy!

I am surprised they didn’t put “eat only every second day” at the top of the list.

edit on 15-1-2023 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Sometimes people wonder why I do not blindly trust what the government and media reports as "supposed" fact.

For similar reasons, I don't blindly absorb the commentary of contributors on this forum or any other. I clicked, scrolled and examined. Most of the charts appear coherent and accurate. But naturally, goodranchers.com has ulterior motive for wanting to misrepresent competing industry the way Wendy's likes to roast Burger King, but with decidedly less panache.

edit on 15-1-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Please also note how incomplete this study was!

I do not see beer on this chart:

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's like a sugar and carp chart from hell.

Ya ya, meat, cheese, milk, butter, eggs, salt are all bad for you and that is like 80% of my diet at 63 and I can still bench 275, 250 pull downs, 150 curls etc. etc. and can hike 15 miles any given weekend at 6'5" 270. 38-inch waste, and I'm not some nutrition nut as I put zero thought into it.

What did all the healthy skinny people eat year 70 years ago? It sure wasn't Lucky Charms...

edit on 15-1-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

I get all my sugars from Scotch and Bourbon too, not lucky charms...

Have you ever watched to video on "How Beer Saved the World", very interesting.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Remember when these same people encouraged everyone to eat trans fat?

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: jerryznv

I get all my sugars from Scotch and Bourbon too, not lucky charms...

Have you ever watched to video on "How Beer Saved the World", very interesting.

I tried to find one about Lucky Charms saving the world...no luck (play on words there)...

Maybe...I don't know honestly...but there is this:

edit on 15-1-2023 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My question about that study is why the obsession with almonds?

Almond milk, almond M&M's, almonds. Almonds are the nut that requires the most water to grow. And they say fresh water is getting scarce.

Also watermelon and other high water content crops. I think you could die eating only watermelon because of it's high water, low energy content. Much like cucumbers, also a melon, your body uses more energy to digest them than you get from eating them.

They next seem to value processed foods over whole foods. Fake eggs over real eggs. Fake cheese over real cheese. I have seen videos of fake eggs being hand made in China. Ick...

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Even as a kid I knew in my innermost that "margarine is better for you than butter" was pure BS. Might I kindly suggest to the Dean of the Tufts School of Nutrition that he can shove this pyramid where I suggested his forbears insert theirs.

Now...where did I lay my glass of whole milk...

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
My question about that study is why the obsession with almonds?

Almond milk, almond M&M's, almonds. Almonds are the nut that requires the most water to grow. And they say fresh water is getting scarce.

Also watermelon and other high water content crops. I think you could die eating only watermelon because of it's high water, low energy content. Much like cucumbers, also a melon, your body uses more energy to digest them than you get from eating them.

They next seem to value processed foods over whole foods. Fake eggs over real eggs. Fake cheese over real cheese. I have seen videos of fake eggs being hand made in China. Ick...

1.1 gallons to make a single almond... WTF!!!

They don't even say Olive oil, or one close to that. Oils are unsaturated fats which is much worse than Butter saturated fats.

I really think someone is trolling...

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
One question from someone that is not from the US and, as a consequence, doesn't know a thing about this "food compass":
does it have any real world importance or is it just one of those things created to make some people gain more money?

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I lost 50 lbs eating all the things this study says I shouldn't. Eggs, meat, cheese, using butter and olive oil, and lots of raw veggies.
edit on 15-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

They teach it in school. They try to get people to follow it's guidelines. They force schools to follow these findings in school lunches or loose funding.

Yes, it has been proven to be influenced in the past by various organizations to increase their profits over health concerns.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join