It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Government Funded Food Pyramid Says Lucky Charms Are Healthier Thank Steak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Studies like this are usually sponsored by the 'Sugar Growers of America' or some such association..

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I can see the Lucky Charms fad diets coming now ...

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There’s a book titled “The Big Fat Surprise. Why Butter, Meat, and Cheese belong in a healthy diet.” By Nina Teicholz. That book covers every study the govt has put out since the 19th century and who funded them. It’s not a pretty picture and the govt agencies, NIH, FDA, USDA, American Heart Association, and several others are nothing more than marketing arms for whoever funds the “study.”

Example: the Low Fat diet that has been promoted on us all since the 1970’s stems from the “7 Countries Study.” That study supposedly showed how healthy those 7 countries are and how they attained their health. The problem is that the original study is the “22 Countries Study” but the other 15 didn’t support the findings of the people funding the “study” so they were left out of what has been pushed on us.

Those regulating bodies all trade scientists back and forth with big conglomerate Food, Sugar, and Farms. They’re all friends and get paid very handsomely.

I also know that a lack of good cholesterol and fat for your brain can lead to Parkinson’s and Dementia. Our brains are 75% cholesterol and it baffles me why anyone would think glucose is all it needs, which I have seen many “scientists” make that claim.

I have been drinking 6 farm fresh raw eggs 6 days a week for more than 5 years, because yokes are good cholesterol, and I eat farm fresh steaks. I can report that my cholesterol is not an issue and I have no clogs in my arteries. It’s oils that clog the arteries, not good cholesterol. These govt “studies” are a joke and they always have been. Bacon and eggs is healthier than fruit for breakfast and are most certainly healthier than sugar coated, bleached floured cereals!

The book is an eye opener. It’s not my only source on this subject but it is a very thorough one. Enjoy!

edit on 15-1-2023 by sasquatch5100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
is that why all these kids and some wacky adults have like pink and blue and green hair? they were raised on lucky charms and the food coloring went to their scalps

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It looks like the new nutritional guidelines for the new illegal immigrants coming across the border, they need to call the crap they are giving them free "nutritious".

The new generation of fat, lazy, sugar base diet, this will ensure more diabetics, heart disease and mental deficiencies.

Pharma is in haven, now if only universal health care could be enacted.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sasquatch5100
It’s pretty much the soybean and corn (vegetable oil) oil that’s clogging arteries. Subsidized by you know the Fed gov who runs those health studies.

Next they will be saying sour patch kids candy is a nutritious breakfast, and must be served in schools.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

This specific "food compass"?
From a quick search, it looks like there are several classification methods.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salamandy
is that why all these kids and some wacky adults have like pink and blue and green hair? they were raised on lucky charms and the food coloring went to their scalps

Nah, mine's purple atm. I did it for fun. Why not when it slowly fades out over two months?

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Wellllll, they are "Magically Delicious!"...

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have a simple question as I'm from the UK and not the US. The statistics on the chart do not mention steaks. In the UK what you call ground beef we call minced meat. Now I don't know about your make up of ground beef but in the UK there have been a few instances of butchers putting very dubious substances in minced beef, not just beef, if you get my meaning. So to equate ground beef, which you have to trust the grinder, with steak can be quite erroneous. So in that instance their ground beef might be less beneficial than Lucky Stars. By the by what are Lucky Stars?

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I have a simple question as I'm from the UK and not the US. The statistics on the chart do not mention steaks. In the UK what you call ground beef we call minced meat. Now I don't know about your make up of ground beef but in the UK there have been a few instances of butchers putting very dubious substances in minced beef, not just beef, if you get my meaning. So to equate ground beef, which you have to trust the grinder, with steak can be quite erroneous. So in that instance their ground beef might be less beneficial than Lucky Stars. By the by what are Lucky Stars?

Well...you would need to read the article in it's entirety to grab this little bit:

As you can see, Lucky Charms receives a 60 while ground beef is at a 26. Beef Steak ranked a little above 30 on the chart, which means both beef items received half the score of Lucky Charms. If we turn our attention to the green section, we see that chocolate covered almonds received a 78 and should “be encouraged” in someone’s diet. Chocolate covered nuts should be encouraged while beef and a majority of commonly consumed meats should be minimized.

OP LINK

Lucky stars are the magical marshmallows in Lucky Charms!

They are magically delicious!!!

edit on 15-1-2023 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They're always after me Lucky charm's. ☘️
edit on 15-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The “experts” want us all dead.

Don’t trust them with anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cookadafood
What the absolute F?
This has to be a joke….if not get ready for a future country full of health issues!

The country full of health issues in here and now.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
studyfinds.org...

Mixed with sugar, the beetles supposedly taste just like real meat. They could also become alternatives to sausages or chicken nuggets

Coming soon: Meal worms, to be top of that list and the most nutritious, and tasty according to TPTB.

Beetleburgers could soon be helping to feed the world, according to new research. The creepy crawlers’ larvae — better known as mealworms — could act as a meat alternative to alleviate hunger worldwide. The process uses a fraction of the land and water and emits a smaller carbon footprint in comparison of traditional farming.

To make this a reality, French biotech company Ynsect is planning a global network of insect farms, including nurseries and slaughterhouses. A pilot plant has already been been set up at Dole in the Bourgogne-Franche-Comte region of France

Enjoy your mealworms!

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
At least the fat acceptance movement will be vindicated! It's sort of just like when ketchup was declared a vegetable.
edit on 15-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

I love the part where it says "mixed with sugar" ... as if they're basically saying that they feel like if they dump enough sugar, fat, salt on it, we'll eat anything and like it. Tragically, that's probably true of a large part of the population.

**EDIT**

I also initially missed the part where it says "supposedly tastes just like real meat" so they acknowledge too that whatever insect protein is, meat it is not.
edit on 15-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Sometimes people wonder why I do not blindly trust what the government and media reports as "supposed" fact. This one is a great example. If I ate what they told me to eat, I would probably be dead of heart disease, diabetes, and malnutrition within a year.

www.goodranchers.com...

Buckle up. This one is a doozy. You probably missed it, but in September 2022, the White House hosted a conference that focused on nutrition, health, and hunger in America. Dariush Mozaffarian, who was one of the main organizers of the event and is currently Dean of the Tufts School of Nutrition — presented a newly designed food pyramid that only cost 3 years of time and millions of taxpayer dollars. The new wisdom they found? Lucky Charms are healthier than steak.

Don’t believe me? Here’s some results pulled out of the Tuft Food Compass

sites.tufts.edu...

Man, it’s a good thing I stopped following any government advertised BS recommendations about 20 years ago.

Many other members have already called out why this is insanely stupid. Suffice to say, those members are correct.

This guidance will only make people less healthy, almost certainly.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
All you steak eating, Lucky Charm hating people, don't know what good food is!

Eat your Lucky Charms and be happy with it!

Jeez...

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
They snuck millit in there. What the heck is "millet?"

Millets (/ˈmɪlɪts/)[1] are a highly varied group of small-seeded grasses, widely grown around the world as cereal crops or grains for fodder and human food.

Nice. Apparently we are already eating "fodder" they're slipping in our food.

Millets may have been consumed by humans for about 7,000 years and potentially had "a pivotal role in the rise of multi-crop agriculture and settled farming societies."[5]

I did not know that.

I'm good with Lucky charms

Also noticed there is no fish or any kind of seafood on that chart. 🤔

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join